Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Well it could be possible!

We dont see him die..all we see is an explosion.

But Romire...we all saw him die

While you may saw him die, Blizz is known for pulling rabbits from their hats and keeping secerts, its possible that it could happen.

heck we even may find his sword about as well
    I had the same thought actually, I hope not though. His role in the various cinematic so far has been perfect and his death was well done and impactful. I wouldn't doubt that at least the Alliance will do something to perhaps save Varian's soul or perhaps be guided by it in some quest line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    He had a great death. Bringing him back would ruin that. Not worth it.
    They brought back Bolvar. Not as a raid boss, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    could Sylvanas bring back varrian in some way?i dont know much about the comics but i know people can be "res'ed"

just watching the way Sylvanas was looking in the video when varrian got blown up,seems like she was thinking/had an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I thought Fordring would be the more obvious choice.
    Yeah I think this is more likely. You never see him die and when he falls in the fell pool he has full hp till he despawns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What happened to Varians' super-wolf-speed-and-endurance or whatever there, anyway? He seemed clumsy and slow at the end.
    yeah they should have had varrian crushing more heads in that video-he should have kicked major ass until he got overwhelmed,like a pit fighter. the demons should have been like how ants are,attack with #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah I think this is more likely. You never see him die and when he falls in the fell pool he has full hp till he despawns.
    Spoilers.

You do eventually. I can't remember where exactly but you do see him die. Maybe it's an alliance thing, maybe a paladin thing I can't remember but he dies and he speaks his last to you.

Now that I think about it I am pretty sure you see it if you go ret for your artifact weapon.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-08-10 at 03:51 PM.

Lol what? We definitely see Varian die, you fool. He breaks into a million dust particles after being vaporized.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to Varians' super-wolf-speed-and-endurance or whatever there, anyway? He seemed clumsy and slow at the end.
    Vol'jin getting stabbed is even more anticlimactic in the Horde video. At least Varian got stabbed from behind, Vol'jin just didn't even sidestep one felguard coming from the front.

I think so. The first thing I thought of when Guldan was charging up was he was going to turn him into a demon, not kill him.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Lol what? We definitely see Varian die, you fool. He breaks into a million dust particles after being vaporized.

- - - Updated - - -

Vol'jin getting stabbed is even more anticlimactic in the Horde video. At least Varian got stabbed from behind, Vol'jin just didn't even sidestep one felguard coming from the front.
    Not surprising about Vol'Jin though. I have seen him get four manned in Org Raids. He is kinda a wuss ball.

Yeah guld'an was enjoying killing him slowly to much to even consider bringing him back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lol yeah. Being alliance i never really cared about him. But honestly wtf. Varian fights and kills and is overpowered.

Voljin stands there and talks like an idiot and then gets gutted. Extremely humiliating. And not only that, he doesnt die a warriors death. He dies from wounds sitting on his throne later on. God an awful death for him

Deleted
    Well, I think the theme of the whole Broken Shore is trying to take a break from the whole, "War is glorious, fighting is fun, yadda yadda" stuff and actually feel like what it really would be: a shitty, dirty, ugly thing where people die shitty deaths and shitty things happen to people.
    I see your point. I still think Varian died like a boss and Voljin died for nothing though. He didnt save anyone. He just stood there and got stabbed by legion peon nr. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Spoilers.

You do eventually. I can't remember where exactly but you do see him die. Maybe it's an alliance thing, maybe a paladin thing I can't remember but he dies and he speaks his last to you.

Now that I think about it I am pretty sure you see it if you go ret for your artifact weapon.
    Ahh, that makes sense, I was on the fence on which alt I was going to level first in legion, I might do the pally then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Spoilers.
    You see him die during the Ret artifact quest.

Just leave him dead, he died killing a felreaver bigger then his own Castle. Anduin can find the swords, then become the first dual wielding paladin.

Well, I think the theme of the whole Broken Shore is trying to take a break from the whole, "War is glorious, fighting is fun, yadda yadda" stuff and actually feel like what it really would be: a shitty, dirty, ugly thing where people die shitty deaths and shitty things happen to people.

Of course, sooner or later "The Player" will get involved and that'll be the end of that.
    I feel like the theme was more "Let's put the focus on the Alliance since the last few expansions have been fairly Horde-centric". Cataclysm followed Thrall a lot, and while he was supposed to be neutral most players still knew him as the Horde's Warchief. Mists of Pandaria had a lot of Garrosh in it and it culminated to the siege of Orgrimmar. Warlords of Draenor was all about Orcs.

It's a shame the Horde's side of the Broken Shore was so lame, but the Alliance needed a moment to shine after all the green madness over the least few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He a'sploded. It's obvious that he's dead...

In this timeline...
    Nearly spit out my coffee

10+ Year Old Account
    After sacking Org as a member of the Horde, I'd love to see a mythic only phase where we fought and killed Varian
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiferus View Post
    Varian the Human is no more - right!

But i think too, that he may be something different now..... we saw an explosion, yes - but did we saw his dead body? no!

AND: look at the stare from guldan... he looks somekind of confused... that something happens that he didnt want to
    I didn't see the confusion really, but it could be that he didn't know how powerful Varian is. He was championed by Goldrinn the wolf demigod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Well it could be possible!

We dont see him die..all we see is an explosion.

But Romire...we all saw him die

While you may saw him die, Blizz is known for pulling rabbits from their hats and keeping secerts, its possible that it could happen.

heck we even may find his sword about as well
    Let's just say if he is the end boss, it'll be very disappointing. I don't mind him being end boss of the 2nd raid tier or one of the bosses in the final raid tier, but not THE final boss of the expansion.

Gul'dan would make a better final boss.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama