Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Eitrigg doesn't have the reputation.
    Saurfang is too old.
    Ji and Baine are too inexperienced.
    Gallywix is too greedy AND has already sold his people into slavery once.
    I don't even know who the hell is in charge of the Trolls now, but they're not likely to be seen as Warchief material.

Leaves Thrall and Lor'themar. But Thrall is trying to build a family and is reluctant to retake that burden. That leaves Lor'themar as the best choice, in my opinion. (To be fair, I don't know much about him, so he could have problems too.)

Sylvanas is borderline Garrosh levels of problematic. I don't trust her (never have,) and I'm going to be watching her, but I'll wait until Legion's story plays out before I condemn or condone her as Warchief.

Having said all that...

This. ALL THIS! Taurens want screen time too, ya know.

She saved her own ass. Saving the others just worked out to her advantage.
    I think she was Crushing on Wrynn tbo, They have always bickered back and forth but at the end of the day i think she admired him for everything he had accomplished. You could see it in her face that she was saddened while watching his end. With that said i think she will try to make some form of amends with Anduin.

It wouldn't surprise me if she sacrifices herself at some point to save someone important from the alliance to make up for not being able to save Wrynn.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2016-08-10 at 03:57 PM.

The rest of the Horde will come around to respect and value her leadership because they're scared of her. Not scared in the "Garrosh is nuts and he's going to kill me" sense, but scared in the "I wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley with you - I'm so happy you're on our side" sense.

Vol'jin's last words should have been "You're not the leader that the Horde wants, but the leader it needs."

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    She saved her own ass. Saving the others just worked out to her advantage.
    Until we have proof of that, that's just like your opinion man~

Because, from the cinematic, I got that she saw it was a lost battle and saved everyone she could; Because that's what a good battle-strategist does. And that is a quality that I'm quite alright with Horde's chief in command having.

Deleted
    Lorthemar is an alliance fanboy
    Baine doesnt have the experience
    Saurfang was an option, but I like him as the orc racial leader
    I just hope they dont make Sylvanas a mixture of arthas and Garosh
    Pls dont, it would be so lame to make her the villain

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think even with all the information, Varian would have had to make the same choice.
    Yes. The majority of the Alliance leaders were on that gunship and that fel monstrosity was about to destroy them all, so Varian made the call to sacrifice himself in order to buy time for the Allies to escape. He would have done that regardless of the Horde's involvement; the Horde had crashed their gunship already (srsly they crash this every expansion; get a new pilot already).

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Probably going to kill her in a future raid this expansion. I wouldn't really get too attached. Her being warchief just seems like a plot device until we bop her on the head. At least thats what certain quests in stormheim would lead you to believe
    I don't think there's a suitable replacement for a ¨new new new¨ Horde leader.
    They are out of character.
    Thrall, he's done.
    Bob in Silvermoon ? I don't think so.
    Or they are going to rez someone from the Grave or recreate another timeline and get Doomhammer, Grom or Durotan.

The only person left it's us, ¨Hero¨.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    (srsly they crash this every expansion; get a new pilot already).
    We have goblins. Aerospace safety-wise, we are hosed.

We are back to the roots, we needed an aggressive Chief like Garrosh, not a shitty troll or mannequin Belf.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    We are back to the roots, we needed an aggressive Chief like Garrosh, not a shitty troll or mannequin Belf.
    Garrosh's leadership led to being corrupted and a revolt. Then when he was defeated he tried it again with a new horde and was easily smacked down by Thrall. Vol'jin gave us the most dominant campaign the horde has ever experienced. From start to finish WoD was a cakewalk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is exactly as brutal as she'll need to be to lead the horde and not "let it die"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Remember that Vol'jin book back in Mists of Pandaria? He had a very close relationship to the Death Loa that basically kept Vol'jin alive to be able to send more victims of his blade to his realm. What if the death god whispered to Vol'jin to appoint Sylvanas so he will be able to feast on the most deaths?

Putting the tin foil aside. Sylvanas was a ranger general in her life and has lead the forsaken to redemption. She also doesn't fight for honor, but for survival which is what the horde needs. Garrosh fought for orc honor and orc pride which ended up being his downfall. Baine just inherited his role from Cairne, Lor'themar doesn't like a high leadership position (slightly changed in 5.2, but he said he would be Warchief if it came down to he HAD to), Gallywix lul, Saurfang doesn't want the burden of leadership and is pretty old to be warchief.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2016-08-10 at 04:17 PM.

Needed more females in important roles......Blizzard were being called misogynists for having only male leaders.....

At the rate we go through Warchiefs.... this should only be a concern for one expansion.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Yeah, bohoo, 10/10 storytelling Blizzard ... eh, what do you know about "storytelling"? Is that your expert opinion? Your preference/whine is not a benchmark for "quality".

Dude believes in spirits 'n' shit. That's their society. Makes sense. But yeah, doing everything the most expected and "logical" way would probably be real "10/10 storytelling" for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    dude, how many threads do you create a day. And why are all of them salty? Also nice spoiler alert in title.

OT: Why no goblin warchief?
    There's no profit in being warchief.

Also speaking OT of the Horde leaders. Sylvannas is the best, probably a better choice than Vol'jin at the time he was appointed.

She has way more experience leading her people, hell she established her people. She has experience with the Legion by way of the Scourge. Both in defense and fighting from within the Scourge. Every expansion she plays a major role in some way or another. Bain is Johnny Come Lately, Saurfang just makes remarks and advises, Lorthemar is absent 90% of the time. Sylvannas will already have the support of Undead and Elves because of who she is, she will likely get the support of the Orcs by default because they lack a leader and as it goes for a leader that enjoys battle and captures a lot of Orc characteristics, Sylvannas is it. The Goblins are largely leaderless but will go along. It really only leaves the Trolls and the Tauren and I believe lore wise they are both very small factions. Trolls will likely go along because they have no strong leadership and Vol'jin appointed her. The Tauren are the wild card. But really who cares about Tauren, the only lore that they've brought into game recently was Bloodhoof dying to Garrash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    (srsly they crash this every expansion; get a new pilot already).
    I think that might be our problem. We keep getting new pilots. Combine that with Goblin-level safety standards and the better question to ask is "how the hell does that thing stay in the air?"

I mean, seriously. Look at the Skyfire. Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, and now Legion... That thing has survived four expansions with the same badass captain and the same badass crew.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like it when I first heard about it but after seeing the cutscenes and reading the text on the quests... I agree with their decision to make her warchief. She has more knowledge in war than the rest of them. I also like how, if you read the texts on her quests, she is tough and straight to the point... just like a leader should be in war. In war, there are no debates or any "back and forths", leader gives orders, subordinates obey... pretty cut and dry

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Putting the tin foil aside. Sylvanas was a ranger general in her life and has lead the forsaken to redemption. She also doesn't fight for honor, but for survival which is what the horde needs. Garrosh fought for orc honor and orc pride which ended up being his downfall. Baine just inherited his role from Cairne, Lor'themar doesn't like a high leadership position (slightly changed in 5.2, but he said he would be Warchief if it came down to he HAD to), Gallywix lul, Saurfang doesn't want the burden of leadership and is pretty old to be warchief.
    Baine "inherited" his role by ending a tauren civil war, invading Thunder Bluff to retake it after after a Grimtotem coup. It wasn't exactly handed to him on a silver platter.

False Quote

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    The distance by which you failed to hit the context is beyond believe. Not only did you leave out a critical part of Vol'Jin's quote, but you also forgot to give an explanation as to why you think any of the other three would have been a better, more "solid", choice over Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Baine "inherited" his role by ending a tauren civil war, invading Thunder Bluff to retake it after after a Grimtotem coup. It wasn't exactly handed to him on a silver platter.
    TY. Baine may be inexperienced enough to lead the whole Horde, but he earned his place as Tauren High Chieftain.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)