Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Asking you to clarify what you are asking is harassment? So, you are a millennial I guess? (ucwutididthar)

Also, I'm truly sorry if you can't read well but, I can't really concern myself with that. We just assume everyone here can read well, sorry.
    Well you come off as a grade A asshole, and your expression, which apparently somehow means getting almost run over, may not come across as that. I for one have never heard it before, which made the sentence into gibberish Especially considering how the sentence in itself says something entirely different when you dont know that it could be used for what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Talking on the cell phone is as equally distracting as these, so if your against that than there isn't much ground for you to be against this. Next thing that should go is talking to someone in the passengers seat.
    Actually the reasoning behind talking with passengers being okay is they can see when you need to be quiet, a person who is on the phone with you can't.

By that logic we need to ban the blind.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Chris Christie is going to have to eat his Mcdonalds on the road.

Ehh. I worry banning drinking coffee while driving will just mean we'll have more drowsy drivers on the road, and not necessarily be a net gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who just drove for four days and ate about ten meals while driving, I'd still support this.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never in my life have I seen a bus driver, officer, etc drink or eat while driving. People would have a meltdown if a bus driver were to drink coffee while driving the school bus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Never in my life have I seen a bus driver, officer, etc drink or eat while driving. People would have a meltdown if a bus driver were to drink coffee while driving the school bus.
    Bus drivers I have not seen doing anything other than drinking a coffee. Police, I've seen both eating and drinking while driving. And even talking on their cell phones while driving.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

In other words, the New Jersey court system is running low on spending money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Can I change the radio station, adjust my mirrors, put on sunglasses or should I pull over to do these things?
    I think people should focus on the road while they're driving. Call me crazy.
    Eat yo vegetables

In Los Angeles during the commute there's like thousands of cars on a 12 lane highway going 80+ miles an hour. You see a driver reading the paper and eating cereal. And then he passes you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I've never been hit or nearly hit by someone drinking a soda or eating a burger.

No, every fender-bender or near miss was caused by some mother fucker on his phone. Texting is the biggest offender for obvious reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I can understand eating. But drinking coffee? That would lead too riots.
    I would kill people without coffee.

My drill weekend is about a 3 hour drive. And it screws with my circadian rhythm, going from a night shift job to needing to be up at 0600. So on Sunday when the weekend is over, I need that coffee (or Monster, or whatever highly caffeinated substance it is) to make it back home. Of course I stop a lot, walking even just to the bathroom at a rest station usually helps reset me for a bit.

But being forced to make that drive without coffee? Hell. Hell on Earth.

And I'm not sure there wouldn't be fatalities.
    Putin khuliyo

There is a pretty big difference between drinking out of a cup with a straw and someone eating a bucket of KFC chicken while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought drinking and driving was already banned in NJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I thought drinking and driving was already banned in NJ
    Drinking alcohol is illegal. But this is about drinking anything at all. Coffee, Soda, Water. Doesn't matter.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The nanny state should be investing in self-driving cars to avoid accidents rather than more police involvement in the lives of citizenry. We should be aiming to cut down the number of negative police interactions with civilians. Politicians don't agree though; tough on crime is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I think people should focus on the road while they're driving. Call me crazy.
    Can you answer the question though? Should you have to pull over everytime you need to do any of these things, or anything that would take one of your hands off the wheel? Is that what your saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There is a pretty big difference between drinking out of a cup with a straw and someone eating a bucket of KFC chicken while driving.
    What if you were drinking your bucket of KFC out of a straw?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I would kill people without coffee.

My drill weekend is about a 3 hour drive. And it screws with my circadian rhythm, going from a night shift job to needing to be up at 0600. So on Sunday when the weekend is over, I need that coffee (or Monster, or whatever highly caffeinated substance it is) to make it back home. Of course I stop a lot, walking even just to the bathroom at a rest station usually helps reset me for a bit.

But being forced to make that drive without coffee? Hell. Hell on Earth.

And I'm not sure there wouldn't be fatalities.
    According to Pre-911 you should pull over to drink your coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's distracted driving and taking your hands off the wheel. You may not impair your mind because of it, but you certainly impair your driving.
    I have never driven with both hands on the wheel ever, it's uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you answer the question though? Should you have to pull over everytime you need to do any of these things, or anything that would take one of your hands off the wheel? Is that what your saying?
    All of those things are distracting, and probably lead to hundreds of accidents each year. Eating a sandwich on the highway in heavy congestion is obviously more dangerous than drinking a coffee while driving 40 mph on an empty road. People can use their own judgement.

But I've seen some ridiculously stupid shit on the road. So I generally support laws that aim to reduce distracted driving.

According to Pre-911 you should pull over to drink your coffee.
    Yeah, I didn't say that.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    All of those things are distracting, and probably lead to hundreds of accidents each year. Eating a sandwich on the highway in heavy congestion is obviously more dangerous than drinking a coffee while driving 40 mph on an empty road. People can use their own judgement.

But I've seen some ridiculously stupid shit on the road. So I generally support laws that aim to reduce distracted driving.

Yeah, I didn't say that.
    SO is drinking a coffee ok then? Where is the line drawn?

10+ Year Old Account
    SO is drinking a coffee ok then? Where is the line drawn?
    I wouldn't really give a shit if there was a law that fined people for drinking beverages while driving. It wouldn't effect me, and the net result would likely be fewer accidents.

That doesn't mean I think people should pull over. Like I said, they can use their own judgement as to when it's safe.
    Eat yo vegetables