Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Invasion Event: Best Pre-Expansion event EVER??

I had more fun playing this invasion event than really any other pre-expansion event ever. I saw more participation from players than I had in all previous expansions.

Could this be the best pre-expansion event ever? I mean there is SOOOOOO much content in this pre-expansion event, lots of fun transmogs, pets, toys, secret events, turning people into demons. Several servers are locked / full and there are queues galore.

This is the best pre-expansion event blizzard has EVER done, imho.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    The events are pretty damn good but the server lack sucks big time.

Well considering the last 2 were total dogshit then yes this is a major improvement and a damn good one.

MoP- Hey guys here is the same scenario for 1-2 weeks.
    WoD- Hey guys here are some crappy quests and 3/5 of a revamped dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think overall I preferred Wrath but this is a close second. I played a Priest back then and usually stuck with a small group of friends. We'd go around Stormwind curing infections and killing zombies

So far it has been great. I also really enjoyed the DH starting stuff, even though it went on too long (like another hour+ after reaching level 100, so that was probably a whole level of wasted XP by doing it before Aug 30).

The cinematics are gut wrenching and awesome but invasion event is just meh. Just a massive cluster f*** of people killing stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well considering the last 2 were total dogshit then yes this is a major improvement and a damn good one.

MoP- Hey guys here is the same scenario for 1-2 weeks.
    WoD- Hey guys here are some crappy quests and 3/5 of a revamped dungeon.
    Agree.

The burning crusade one was pretty good because it had off color T2 transmog sets you could get. And the WoTLK event was awesome as well with the ghouls, but this one just seems to be way more content and involved than any other event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    So far it has been great. I also really enjoyed the DH starting stuff, even though it went on too long (like another hour+ after reaching level 100, so that was probably a whole level of wasted XP by doing it before Aug 30).
    Yeah thats one thing I noticed when i played through the DH in the beta. You hit level 100 with about another 30 mins to an hour of quests to go until you finish the starting experience, so wasted exp there.

Yes, very much agreed.

I think its my second favorite after WotLK's zombie invasion, its hard to beat WotLK as it did something amazing to cause a lot of chaos and fun. In this event I like that we visit a lot of the old zones, but it gets tired quick compared to WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx pre-launch 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

So far, the best one I've experienced. Can't imagine that the ones I didn't experience, had more advanced tech to them. A breath of fresh air from the downright shite pre-expansion events we've gotten for the past 3 expansions.

Can't wait to see the escalation, I'll never grow tired of seeing all these people around. And being in the Northern Barrens with so many people killing shit makes me nostalgic about 5.3. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think its my second favorite after WotLK's zombie invasion, its hard to beat WotLK as it did something amazing to cause a lot of chaos and fun. In this event I like that we visit a lot of the old zones, but it gets tired quick compared to WotLK.
    Well to be fair, both events started off slow, but over time zombies were everywhere in that event! I think the same is going to happen for this Legion pre-event, you will see chaos in the cities everywhere. Awesome stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So far, the best one I've experienced. Can't imagine that the ones I didn't experience, had more advanced tech to them. A breath of fresh air from the downright shite pre-expansion events we've gotten for the past 3 expansions.

Can't wait to see the escalation, I'll never grow tired of seeing all these people around. And being in the Northern Barrens with so many people killing shit makes me nostalgic about 5.3. :3
    I mean I completely agree.

Think about all the content we have in this pre-expansion patch / event:

-Demon Hunters (about 2-3 hours of initial content)
    -Broken Shore Invasion (about 1 hour of content)
    -Demons in major cities (endless content, fun)
    -Turning players into demons (endless content, fun)
    -Zone Invasions (endless content, fun)
    -Tons of collectables including t-mog sets, weapons, filler gear, pets, toys etc

And it only gets better as time goes on to the launch of Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I purposly avoided the invasions in beta and, personally, am going to reserve judgement until the event is out "in full."

That said, I really enjoied the couple of invasions I did do last night.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I had more fun playing this invasion event than really any other pre-expansion event ever. I saw more participation from players than I had in all previous expansions.

Could this be the best pre-expansion event ever? I mean there is SOOOOOO much content in this pre-expansion event, lots of fun transmogs, pets, toys, secret events, turning people into demons. Several servers are locked / full and there are queues galore.

This is the best pre-expansion event blizzard has EVER done, imho.

Thoughts?

pretty damn boring to be honest.

wotlk zombie plague was significantly better in every way.

you must not have been around for that.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    pretty damn boring to be honest.
    MMOs might just not be for you then. Everyone else seems to really enjoy the events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

I really liked the WotLK pre-expansion event as well. But what was "significantly better in every way?". Don't get me wrong, it was fun for sure, but why do you think that way? Content wise, the Legion pre-expansion event trumps WotLK by miles.

Was there. Quite enjoyed it, but this one is even more impressive imo. The WotLK event comes in second place.

And what way is that?

The fact that I can come into a zone 3.5 hours after it pops, and still do the invasion because of phasing, I didn't have to be there as soon as it started?
    Or the fact that the SW and Org events (whispers) are optional, unlike the WOTLK. (I personally didn't care, but that pissed a lot of ppl off).

I found two ways in which this invasion is better the WOTLK one, rendering your point moot.

Please avoid sweeping generalizations, they are so easy to counter.