Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon Blades. Thoughts?

I'm not sure how I feel about a talent that takes away your resource builder only to replace it with an auto attack option. Also, from what I've seen it appears to be the best choice (at the moment) in the tier. I'm know I'm not the only one with an opinion on this matter so what are your thoughts?

I don't know which one is the best, but I tried taking it first and didn't really like it, ended up switching to something else. It took away one of the few buttons I felt that I had to begin with.

Blizz has said they don't want this ability to be the best in the tier or even second best. Which is another way of saying it's supposed to be the worst choice.

Should be scrapped, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Blizz has said they don't want this ability to be the best in the tier or even second best. Which is another way of saying it's supposed to be the worst choice.

It's fine design wise. It has a few subtle mechanics to it that actually make it more than just X fury per y seconds.

Apparently it's taken a 10% nerf today, and sims bring it in line with prepared(actually slightly worse), so it's probably sitting where it should be now.

People confuse the fact that it's passive with "easy" though. True, it reduces the total abilities you actively press a button for, but it requires decent resource management to make the most of it. To be honest, the most passive option on that row is demonic appetite, which is simply pick up the orbs when they appear....
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post

it's probably the worst designed talent in the game, so agree, should be scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest to avoid this talent like a plague until you hit 110.

When you get there, the talent becomes well..its still boring imo, but no as much when it was below the lvl cap.

This is in the wrong forum. This should be in Demon Hunter, not in Legion General.

Horrible talent, needs to be replaced by felblade. That row is all about fury generation, why not put a fury generating ability there. The row that felblade is is feels out of place. Felblade generates fury, first blood and bloodlet both make an ability do extra damage.

I think either fel mastery or felblade should be where Demon Blades is and another talent take place. 99 row has 2 increased damage abilities and 1 fury generation abilty. 102 row again has 2 increased damage abilities and 1 fury generation ability. Although both fel mastery and felblade do or increase damage, the fury generation part makes them stand out in that row more than it should.

Final thoughs, I think Felblade should be where demon blades is and Fel Eruption should be where felblade is. Additionally what replaces fel eruption should do something with making Metamorphesis make eyebeam do more or something.

Warriors gain rage from auto-attacks right?

I don't see how spamming an ability makes it more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post

/10 char

The difference is that warriors are not rage starved and are not having empty GCDs. If you take demon hunter with demon blades you usually have around 30% (don't pin me on that number) empty gcds, which make it less complex.

I don't think it's about making it more complex, it's about having something to do. I'm not maining a DH just started one on Beta to have a look and it felt really frustrating to have nothing to do at all while waiting for your resources with this talent. Each to their own I guess but it felt weird just auto-attacking and waiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    It's fine design wise. It has a few subtle mechanics to it that actually make it more than just X fury per y seconds.
    Yeah, it procs damage as well!!!! /s

to be serious: ofcourse it has some mechanics, but that doesn't make it a better talent. Because you won't care that much about the "mechanics" if you take it. You won't be GCD capped with the talent anyway (since the only spammable ability is replaced)

Just to make sure how this talent works:

It’ll be 20*Haste RPPM, triggering off all auto attacks that happen while you’re not on GCD. (http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...16?page=13#248)

Think of it as having hidden charges. Every hit has a 50% chance to generate a charge. Every hit that is not during a GCD can spend up to 2 charges. That's it.

There is a cap to banked charges, but not one you're expected to hit during normal gameplay, just a failsafe against potential shenanigans. I don't have the data in front of me at the moment, but I think it's 10; safe to ignore. (http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...16?page=26#520)

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The difference is that warriors are not rage starved and are not having empty GCDs. If you take demon hunter with demon blades you usually have around 30% (don't pin me on that number) empty gcds, which make it less complex.
    Demon Blades WOULDN'T work otherwise, which makes it a shitty talent imo
    Last edited by mmoc5e8562902b; 2016-08-09 at 12:59 PM.

Demon Blades, hmm. Now this may have been brought up before, but here we go. When I think what that SHOULD mean, I think Illidan, glaives in the ground, and demons spawning from them. Now Blizzard has been on this whole class fantasy rollercoaster which is cool I get it, OK so....where is the class fantasy behind auto attacking? C'mon Blizzard! You gave us this really cool class and lots of cool abilities but imo you definitely fell short on that talent.....Rant over!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    Yeah, it procs damage as well!!!! /s

to be serious: ofcourse it has some mechanics, but that doesn't make it a better talent. Because you won't care that much about the "mechanics" if you take it. You won't be GCD capped with the talent anyway (since the only spammable ability is replaced)
    I take it you didn't get beta and are just making assumptions? Because I did play beta and can say that yes you will have plenty of GCD to spend with demon blades.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...ter/havoc/MLCM This is the spec I used in it

What I would do is rotate between using Fel rush/Felblade and demon blades for fury generation. Start with fel rush into fel blade for a quick 55 fury, followed by another felrush and a couple chaos strikes depending on crits. By then I've gotten a couple auto attacks in which with a 75% chance has a good chance to proc, so you'll likely get some more fury from your next attack. And since Dblades can proc twice on an attack, that makes the CD reset of fel blade happen very often.

Better yet, here's a video I made because people like making claims without proof.
    Last edited by TheLimonTree; 2016-08-10 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    I take it you didn't get beta and are just making assumptions? Because I did play beta and can say that yes you will have plenty of GCD to spend with demon blades.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...ter/havoc/MLCM This is the spec I used in it

What I would do is rotate between using Fel rush/Felblade and demon blades for fury generation. Start with fel rush into fel blade for a quick 55 fury, followed by another felrush and a couple chaos strikes depending on crits. By then I've gotten a couple auto attacks in which with a 75% chance has a good chance to proc, so you'll likely get some more fury from your next attack. And since Dblades can proc twice on an attack, that makes the CD reset of fel blade happen very often.

Better yet, here's a video I made because people like making claims without proof.
    Nope didn't get in beta, but what i said is still true. Not every GCD is filled. You have to AA without being on the GCD so Demon Blades can proc. which makes it a shitty talent IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Until DH gets use of all their talents, this talent just makes the rotation boring.

Even if it's a damage increase, I wouldn't get this until I can get other abilities to click later on down the talent tree.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

People want 3 full action bars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Until DH gets use of all their talents, this talent just makes the rotation boring.

Even if it's a damage increase, I wouldn't get this until I can get other abilities to click later on down the talent tree.
    This, however, I'll agree on. Wound up taking the Soul Fragment talent instead just because "If I find I have too many buttons later, I'll change."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about a talent that takes away your resource builder only to replace it with an auto attack option. Also, from what I've seen it appears to be the best choice (at the moment) in the tier. I'm know I'm not the only one with an opinion on this matter so what are your thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure blizz were going to bake it the second best or worst talent choice.