Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legion threat is underwhelming

After broken shore event and couple of Legion invasions i have to say Legion is full of weak demons what i can kill almost by afking. Barely any danger or threat and content burned withing 30 minutes. Blizzard promoted this as biggest invasion ever as something really dangerous to our world. So why is everything so easy. Why we pullled back in broken shores when i could stand there alone killing every single demon almost afking.

I get that story wise it does make sense but gameplay doesnt support it all. Imersion isnt there all just another boring grind fest of easy mobs.

You're right, new players on low population servers don't deserve to enjoy the events, gotta make sure it's mythic level boss hard.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    After broken shore event and couple of Legion invasions i have to say Legion is full of weak demons what i can kill almost by afking. Barely any danger or threat and content burned withing 30 minutes. Blizzard promoted this as biggest invasion ever as something really dangerous to our world. So why is everything so easy. Why we pullled back in broken shores when i could stand there alone killing every single demon almost afking.

I get that story wise it does make sense but gameplay doesnt support it all. Imersion isnt there all just another boring grind fest of easy mobs.
    It ramps up over time, right now they are only invading remote parts of the world, but later it will be all over the map, including major cities.

I spent all of last night doing invasions. Its a lot of fun.

I thought it was pretty overwhelming...

Getting too close to Gul'dan at the Broken Shore instantly kills you. Try to 1v1 the Demon Lords from the invasion.

If you manage to kill them I might take you seriously next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    invasion frequency and volume are going to increase (think it's like 300% every couple days)until they're basically constantly up.
    When invasions top getting gangbanged by 150+ people at a time, then it'll seem more daunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

But story line wise the demons have made a huge splash. I mean Varian, Voljin, Tirion and Ysera will be dead

WTF are you talking about underwhelming ?? ?

Have you not done the Broken Shore event where you see hundred of huge demons at the end with gul'dan and where a mega inferno is summoner to almost crash the gunship ? ??

Of course the invasion we actually fight will be easy as everyone should be able to do it, it is not a trial for legion but an introduction.

But god damn do not say it was underwhelming and you see that huge army come up, I thought it was great and scary with the 1 shot Gul'dan part as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It ramps up over time, right now they are only invading remote parts of the world, but later it will be all over the map, including major cities.

I spent all of last night doing invasions. Its a lot of fun.
    It's not. It's those 3 zones in each continent. What they said is it will happen more frequently in each zone over time until they are up consistently. There should be a few more zones though imo. Hell let em invade Northrend and Pandaria. Especially Northrend with the isles so close to it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You realize shit is going to ramp up the closer we get to the expansion?
    Horde always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's not. It's those 3 zones in each continent. What they said is it will happen more frequently in each zone over time until they are up consistently. There should be a few more zones though imo. Hell let em invade Northrend and Pandaria. Especially Northrend with the isles so close to it.
    I'd love if they started invading everywhere instead of classic zones. Though with Northrend it might be hard (or jumping the gun) to have undead vs demons the
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Idk, I'd love to See the amount of players killed during demon invasions B by those bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats as far as they can go considering you still have to play a fully functional mmo. To fully create the "biggest legion invasion evah" thing they would have let half of azeroth gets scorched by demons with permanent dmg like a cataclysm world remake 2.0 along with a lot more story development, a lot more iconic characters dying and multiple showcases of the invasion effect on whole azeroth. Just taking it from what a player experiences ingame is a total joke compared to previous legion invasions.
    They might have been limited by the mmo setting but thats no excuse for the overall storytelling. Spewing out the mega retarded Illidan book along with some audio drama is not enough to portray the supposed magnitude of these events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't know, those Invasion final bosses seem pretty efficient at killing people - I watched the Dreadlord one empty out Tarren Mill of defenders in a single AoE. We graveyard-zerged it down, of course; but if that's just a rank and file demon I'd hate to see what the Legion bigwigs are capable of.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It was never going to please everyone, I found it quite fun, its a shame you didn't.

Seems all gameplay issues due to all the number of demons that could easily overwhelm you, storywise the invasion should feel a lot more threatening. I don't think Varian should be strong enough to simply one-punch huge demons to their deaths either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    You realize shit is going to ramp up the closer we get to the expansion?
    I am not talking about quantity but about pulling these demon mobs what hits you like 5k meele and 20k with cast and you like standing there laughing and telling yourself ,, thats it?,,: Even new players find current game too easy.

Yeah, I tried to take a demon lord solo... I got my ass kicked. (Phase 2 skulls on map, not phase 4).

Of course the weeny mobs are going to die, it's the named ones you need to be careful of.

So far, as a healer, I have died.... 4 times in 4 invasions, 3 times from massive AoE damage and ignoring my own health to heal the tank, and once from soloing. I died less in my last two weeks of mythic 5 mans.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a high pop server and it seems pretty hectic to me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)