Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Varian took the coward's suicide way out. He very easily could have held onto the ladder, taken the dude's hand and climbed back up to the ship to fly home and fight again another day. But no, he decided he wasn't strong enough to lead and would rather die, as Gul'dan said, for nothing. Alliance is better off without him.
    Erm, a giant fel reaver was going to pull the gunship to the ground.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Yes and they chose victory, just not victory that day but in the future.

loktar ogar means escape or death these days

Also I play Horde primarily, not Ally so don't try to factionbash. It's just funny that one of the memorable catchphrases of Orcs and Horde (somewhat) is pretty much ruined.

I mean if it applies only to Orcs, then Thrall shoulda kept fighting and not crawling like a pussy. Elements or not, Thrall IS a seasoned warrior, I guess the writers kinda forgot about that.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Also I play Horde primarily, not Ally so don't try to factionbash. It's just funny that one of the memorable catchphrases of Orcs and Horde (somewhat) is pretty much ruined.

I mean if it applies only to Orcs, then Thrall shoulda kept fighting and not crawling like a pussy. Elements or not, Thrall IS a seasoned warrior, I guess the writers kinda forgot about that.

Well did they lose the war yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    We were pinned down. You saw that large wave of demons that came after we fled, that was not gonna stop no matter what. The only thing that would have changed, instead if losing our warchief we would've lost all our leaders. Is that what you want op? Every horde leader for your stupid king who killed himself by jumping back into the fight?

He knew what was going to happen he did it willingly, vol'jin was stabbed unexpectedly and didn't go out in a blaze of glory, so suck it up and get over your self pity, we got demons to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Erm, a giant fel reaver was going to pull the gunship to the ground.
    Well there were literally cannons in the readers face, some brave soldiers could have gone and loaded them then fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    We were pinned down. You saw that large wave of demons that came after we fled, that was not gonna stop no matter what. The only thing that would have changed, instead if losing our warchief we would've lost all our leaders. Is that what you want op? Every horde leader for your stupid king who killed himself by jumping back into the fight?

He knew what was going to happen he did it willingly, vol'jin was stabbed unexpectedly and didn't go out in a blaze of glory, so suck it up and get over your self pity, we got demons to kill.

The main thing we learned is that Genn Greymane is pretty prejudice. He is like the new Trump. Right @GennGreymane?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post

Dude I'm not really looking for reasonings or excuses here, it's just that the Alliance out-did us at our own catchphrase. Instead of trying to reason it, maybe we should be pissed that writers are taking a dump on the heart and soul of the Horde so this doesn't become a recurring trend?

inb4 let's riot to Blizz HQ: No, just voice your discomfort and calmly let Blizzard know that this route they've taken is dissatisfactory.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Genn should have jumped and let the king live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Victory or death is an orc saying.
    For the horde is a horde saying.

also seems like people want alliance and horde to be wiped out. shocking
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

At least one of our counsellors is not a dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    At least he died going out fighting instead of naming the Azeroth equivalent of Hitler because "muh loa" the new Warchief when you're standing next to Baine and Saurfang

I get faction pride, I really do, but the writing of the Horde in the recent events is absolute ass, I could see the appeal of both before, but now there's literally no reason to feel proud to be Horde with a power hungry suicidal witch in power
    Not Hitler, Stalin.

Now, how do you beat Hitler(Burning Legion)? With Stalin, Vol'jin knows his history.

Deleted
    My real life is all about victory or social death.

So yeah "victory or death" is a perfect catch phrase. Never run, never back down. We will not die without a fight.
    I love the phrase.

Horde is expected to fight a 2 front war. Both covering the Alliance on low ground and covering their flank.
    Also the Alliance has Night elfs, a warrior race known for their archery but they choose to leave it all up to the Horde to clear the skies.

Alliance strategy was weak, go into the low ground murder pit, covered ONLY by people that don't care about you and assume that they will just devote all their attention to you.

The Horde got pwned this questline, plain and simple. I'm just too stubborn (and broke!) to change to Alliance, but I'm under no illusion that we're the better faction anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    The Horde got pwned this questline, plain and simple. I'm just too stubborn (and broke!) to change to Alliance, but I'm under no illusion that we're the better faction anymore.
    I don't even want to complete it with my other horde toons. So embarrassing.

Garrosh for Warchief! Oh wait.. Vol'Jin and Thrall getting rekt was funny though. Especially Thrall's sad face.

Not our fault your shitty king got blown into pieces.

"For the Horde" is actually the one we can no longer say proudly...Varian made sure that from now on, it pales in comparison to "For the Alliance!".

10+ Year Old Account
    You're king died for nothing, like gul'dan said
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.