Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted to do it the right way they could've approached the new Highlord (or one their more-canon champions) with their request. Through Darion, Bolvar could point out that Tirion was prepared to become the Lich King and that this selflessness makes him a viable candidate for a horseman. They probably still wouldn't understand, but who knows, maybe they'd be willing to call his spirit back to propose the offer. They've called on Uther's spirit like four times now.

Instead the Ebon Blade assumes the worst and just slaughters their way through the chapel. Of course they're opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    It does make it okay since we're trying to save the very world the Paladins belittle us on, doesn't it?
    Did you miss the part where it was the Ebon Blade's plan before you even hear this belittling or did you just deliberately ignore it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Did you miss the part where it was the Ebon Blade's plan before you even hear this belittling or did you just deliberately ignore it?
    You seem to have interpreted what I meant wrong. Historically, Paladins view Death Knights in disdain. By belittle, I mean they've always had issues toward us deep down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And while most of the class campaigns are focused on defeating the Legion, the DK campaign is entirely focused on raising an army for the new Lich King instead of . . . attacking the Legion? You are the new LKs pawns, gratz
    And they made an enemy of basically everyone during their service to the new Lich King.

You seem to have interpreted what I meant wrong. Historically, Paladins view Death Knights in disdain. By belittle, I mean they've always had issues toward us deep down.
    But what does it matter when they decide to attack them before they even reach the place? They didn't give them the benefit of the doubt about considering the idea of resurrecting Tirion. They went in and attacked without a single word.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that desecrating the body of the most highly regarded leader of a religious order in an attempt to bolster your own power is unacceptable, yes. Tirion by himself would not have made a difference in the fight against the Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

It is FUCKING BULLSHIT now that I've witnessed the Four Horsemen quest in motion. The Paladins are adamantly against you-know-who being raised and don't even like the fact Death Knights walk on their chapel to begin with. This proves DKs being allowed on the grounds is for gameplay reasons and their relationship with those Pallies are HOSTILE. The only way through is force because even against the Legion, there's no way they would even consider raising the mighty Fordring as a Death Knight. I don't think they'd even hear Darion out. As seen with the others, once the process of someone being raised as a DK begins, they very well have a choice now with Bolvar. And those seen have gladly accepted to serve against the horrible Burning Legion while possibly finding redemption like Whitemane

So why?? Why do they not let us do it?
    You have to understand that to be a Paladin or a wielder of the light in general you must stick with your ideals. You must continue to walk the path you believe in for if you betray yourself the light will no longer serve you. This is why the Light can be used by people using it for bad intentions, because they are doing what they believe is right. For the Paladin's to give in to the requests of the Death Knights would go against everything the believe in.

So to answer your question, Yes Paladin are insane. They are opinionated ass holes that do not sway when it comes to their ideals or what they think is right. Their choices are resolute and they must be to maintain what it means to be a Paladin.
    Last edited by Gasper; 2016-08-10 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I think that desecrating the body of the most highly regarded leader of a religious order in an attempt to bolster your own power is unacceptable, yes. Tirion by himself would not have made a difference in the fight against the Legion.
    By himself, he is extremely powerful and why we even try to bring him back in the first place. And he's not alone. Imagine Arthas and his Scourge having Tirion as his champion as intended, only on the good guy side. Unstoppable and invaluable asset against the Legion, wasted.

So we should get Sylvanas Val'kyr and just resurrect every single fallen soldier, maybe we also should start to become demon hunters (using fel-corrupted artifacts and weapons), maybe drain the land of all life because we could use it against the Legion. Or we just could become the Burning Legion to defeat the Burning Legion. Fight evil with evil is obviously the best choice.

After the Ebon Blade raided the Undercity? Good luck with that.

I bet you play Reaper in Overwatch *facepalm*
    That was a very covert raid from what I saw and the only ones slain were expendable abominations and they fled quick before real Forsaken guards came.

Also, while there seems to be no indication he was really tortured that much, why the fuck did Sylvanas still have Koltira imprisoned for his stunt in Cataclysm? What a bitch.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-08-10 at 08:28 PM.

It does make it okay since we're trying to save the very world the Paladins belittle us on, doesn't it? I don't see them trying to revive Tirion.

I just hope in the scope of things to come, it's only Paladins that think like this. If the Ebon Blade asked for Vol'jin's corpse I'm sure the Horde would welcome it since you know Sylvanas being chief and Nazgrim being a Horseman.
    Yeah no, I'm pretty sure they would of refused.

You're acting like it's an honor to come back as a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah no, I'm pretty sure they would of refused.

You're acting like it's an honor to come back as a Death Knight.
    Death Knights are canonically one of the most powerful classes. It is an honor to have that type of power and use it for good. The Ebon Blade was invaluable in the campaign against the Arthas, notably demonstrated in saving Tirion's life on one occasion and the whole Shadowmourne chain.

Also, all the new Horsemen were (again) happy to serve, especially Nazgrim. It's all about choice, see? If Vol'jin's spirit were contacted and asked if he wanted to serve the Horde even undead, it's up to him to decide. People should not block our attempts to even seize these corpses beforehand because they feel it's wrong for some reason...
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-08-10 at 08:35 PM.

Death Knights are canonically one of the most powerful classes.
    So is Demon Hunter. Which would be more useful right now, yet you still don't see people diving to become.

It is an honor to have that type of power and use it for good. The Ebon Blade was invaluable in the campaign against the Lich King, notably demonstrated in saving Tirion's life on one occasion and the whole Shadowmourne chain.
    No, what it is actually is eternal agony. Remember, Death Knights in lore actually have to cause pain upon other living creatures otherwise they'll be in pain.

Also, all the new Horsemen were (again) happy to serve, especially Nazgrim. It's all about choice, see? If Vol'jin's spirit were contacted and asked if he wanted to serve the Horde even undead, how do you think he'd react?
    Probably with a no? Remember he was given a vision from the Loas, so if him being brought back would help, he would of asked

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So is Demon Hunter. Which would be more useful right now, yet you still don't see people diving to become.

No, what it is actually is eternal agony. Remember, Death Knights in lore actually have to cause pain upon other living creatures otherwise they'll be in pain.

Probably with a no? Remember he was given a vision from the Loas, so if him being brought back would help, he would of asked
    Becoming a Death Knight is much, much less of a hassle than a Demon Hunter. And that curse of pain? I believe it was officially written after the fall of Arthas, most Death Knights went on to serve either the Alliance or Horde's militaries to sate their needs. In Ashran you see named Death Knights working for example!

Also, DKs have the perk of eternal life with no known price other than their curse.

Also, DKs have the perk of eternal life with no known price other than their curse.
    The average undead does not pay such a hefty price.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The average undead does not pay such a hefty price.
    Average undead (Forsaken) don't get the crazy powers and I don't even think they're physically eternal. Don't Forsaken eventually turn into mindless ghoul-like creatures if they get old enough?

Average undead (Forsaken) don't get the crazy powers and I don't even think they're physically eternal. Don't Forsaken eventually turn into mindless ghoul-like creatures if they get old enough?
    Nope, according to Kosak forsaken are pretty much immortal and yes forsaken can become mindless.

Nope, according to Kosak forsaken are pretty much immortal and yes forsaken can become mindless.
    It's not immortality if you don't keep your mind, sorry.

It's not immortality if you don't keep your mind, sorry.
    Not every forsaken looses their mind and if a death knight does not cause pain they go utterly coocoo

Not every forsaken looses their mind and if a death knight does not cause pain they go utterly coocoo
    I presume they will eventually with enough time. Death Knights are not in danger of going mindless through age.

I presume they will eventually with enough time. Death Knights are not in danger of going mindless through age.
    Well kosak said they can literally live forever if they keep their body intact, so I am more inclined to believe him.