Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowmeld is probably most overpowered racial in game for World PVP and also instanced pvp, but the thing is shadowmeld doesnt work vs Demon Hunters cas they have stealth detection with 30sec cd.

And in arena if you will be facing Demon Hunters from enemy faction and your faction, they will simply reveal ur shadowmeld by attacking you with using stealth detection.

Still in World PVP Shadowmeld gives Nelf Gankers use advantage vs ppl who trying to Horde players who trying to kill Ganker, cas if you need AFK or alt+tab in areas where you cant fly you simple can run away to big distance and than shadowmeld behind tree or house.

Thats unfair, Blizzard should give nelves some good PVE racial simmiliar to Troll/Belf one, and give Engi profession item that gives "shadowmeld" for evry race outside rated pvp with 2min cd.

Well, this is already World of Barbiecraft, and it will get even worse now.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My Demon Hunter will be a Night Elf. Illidan is/was one and I love their lore, so I think it's more fitting.
    There should be like...+0.5% to all stats if you're a 'lore fitting' race. But then everyone would lose their minds.

Deleted
    Shadowmeld can be used in any situation when you need to be vanish or drop aggro. A silence won't

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure belf will be the superior race. From what I've seen DH is an extremely bursty class so having a short silence that doesn't DR with anything is going to be really valuable in locking a healer down as you're chunking away its HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I'm pretty sure belf will be the superior race. From what I've seen DH is an extremely bursty class so having a short silence that doesn't DR with anything is going to be really valuable in locking a healer down as you're chunking away its HP.
    all dep on the situation i suppose, if you are running comp like UH/DH/Hpal when you train healer, then ya BE is superior.

But if you are low on hp and need to get out of combat/eat or if you are facing melee, then smeld is better. Also in Wpvp smeld better cuz of ganging you can do in no fly zone or simply hiding from ur enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    You gotta admit it is pretty sketchy even then. If some warrior or rogue is wailing on you, it's not like Shadowmeld will stop them. This is also referring to serious PvP. By "trolling" I mean sure you can do things like use its instant combat leave to quickly mount up and escape in WPvP but other than that...
    Nelfs are the king of node guarding.

Shadowmeld apparently a terrible racial. Meanwhile Nelf's are 2nd most popular racial by a large margin.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp-stats/races

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    Shadowmeld apparently a terrible racial. Meanwhile Nelf's are 2nd most popular racial by a large margin.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp-stats/races

Thats because of druids and how good they are/have been, not entirely because of the racial. Nobody wants to play Worgen, why would they? lol

Arcane Torrent major drawback is that it DR's with more valuable, longer silences like CS or Spell Lock -- even Garrote. I'd take Shadowmeld over it any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Shadowmeld can be used in any situation when you need to be vanish or drop aggro. A silence won't
    Silence can be used in any situation when you need to silence that heal or a powerfull spell cast, a stealth without movment won't

Everyones focused on comparing the actives, but Nelfs have the better passive component, with 2% chance to dodge physical attacks and 2% movespeed, and also the ability to choose whether you want crit or haste and play during the appropriate time. I wouldn't want to play rogue on anything else, as shadowmeld -> stealth is a free vanish, but people underestimate how good it can be on other classes as well.