Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Spoilers.

You do eventually. I can't remember where exactly but you do see him die. Maybe it's an alliance thing, maybe a paladin thing I can't remember but he dies and he speaks his last to you.

Now that I think about it I am pretty sure you see it if you go ret for your artifact weapon.
    that's the paladin artifact quest line, he tells you that you must become the ashbringer and then dies.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I hope not, sometimes dead needs to mean dead.

I could see some kind of Fel Echo of Varian "summoned" by Gul'dan maybe possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he exploded into a brazilian pieces so I doubt it. But even so nah I'd rather not have him as an end boss.. about as boring as the idea of garrosh as an end boss. Sargeras or bust

You mean the guy that literally turned to ash?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I thought Fordring would be the more obvious choice.
    Tirion's fate is addressed in some of the Artifact and Class Hall quests.

On topic: I'm rebelling if they ruin Varian's sacrifice by turning him into a boss. Please be a little more original.

Edit:

Spoilers.

You do eventually. I can't remember where exactly but you do see him die. Maybe it's an alliance thing, maybe a paladin thing I can't remember but he dies and he speaks his last to you.

Now that I think about it I am pretty sure you see it if you go ret for your artifact weapon.
    This is from the Retribution Paladin Artifact quest.

Then, in The Death Knight Class Hall chain, Tirion's body is stolen from Light's Hope Chapel by the Player and Darion Mograine and he becomes the new Fourth Horseman.
    Last edited by Draeth; 2016-08-10 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He kind of exploded. I know the usual rule about seeing a body, but that body is currently splattered in a 60-foot radius near the Tomb of Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Then, in The Death Knight Class Hall chain, Tirion's body is stolen from Light's Hope Chapel by the Player and Darion Mograine and he becomes the new Fourth Horseman.
    I thought, at the end of the chain, you fail to take Tirion's body because you get roflstomped by Liadrin, and instead you end up raising Darion as the Fourth Horseman.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I would not be surprised if Gul´Dan has done something to Varian´s soul, in order to make him fight us later.

Maybe encasing it on a undead body, or Fel construct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post

that's completely wrong, they fail at lights hope chapel, you have to flee but darion dies.
    then bolvar tells you to raise darion instead and you do it.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't wait for the scene at the end of the Expansion where Illidan says "There must always be a Sargeras" as he is about to (attempt to) pick up Gorribal right before we hear the familiar voice of Varian yell "Illidan! You hold a grim destiny in your hands!"

Now, to be fair it might be a bit hard to run the Legion when you were vaporized, but I'm sure he will find a way.
    Last edited by Lannden; 2016-08-10 at 07:30 PM.

Its quite simple:
    khadgar:
    First we need to get the 4986 Varian's Fel Ashes,how do i know its 4986?it doesnt matter,you can get this by Killing Gul'dan's Minions.

Good now we must collect 126 Varian's Soul Shards,you can get then by killing gul'dan and his minions in Suramar.

Very Good Champion,now that we have his essence we need to make a new body.Go and collect pieces for his body,you can form then by collecting 900 pieces of flesh from Powerfull beings.

EXCELLENT WORK,now we only need to know how to combine all this,you must venture the world and gatter 33 pages of the Book of Medivh.That was destroyed after Kel'thuzad used to Summon archimonde into this world.Collect those pages and bring it to me Champion.

To be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Well it could be possible!

We dont see him die..all we see is an explosion.

But Romire...we all saw him die

While you may saw him die, Blizz is known for pulling rabbits from their hats and keeping secerts, its possible that it could happen.

heck we even may find his sword about as well
    His fel-infused essence will be placed into a reaver/fel robot of some kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    No body for the Alliance to bury. No body for us to raid. Just a tasty soul meal for the Burning Legion. May Varian enjoy his 'rest' in the fel of Twisting eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    You mean the guy that literally turned to ash?
    You seen ash? because I watched the video there was no ash.

Now there was a fel explosion but that isn't ash.

I would not be surprised if they made him a boss in a raid, You do NOT see his death. You see gul'dan putting some fel in him,him screaming and then a fel explosion. The explosion is just like the ones the adds have before you fight kilrogg.

So ya its ether A) hes dead or B) Hes a gul'dan tool now.

Blizzard just reconned the whole ending to BT and Illidian so don't rule out a Fel-Varrian boss fight.

They are not allowing anyone to test Gul'Dan so he could be part of that fight even if its Mythic Only.

I vote hes a Gul'Dan tool in someway. If he wanted him dead he would have just killed him.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-10 at 08:01 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    Read the latest free comic with Anduin (it's like 3-4 pages). You'll see he wields the sword now
    SOMEHOW they recover the swords amidst a swarm of billions of demons as they flee on their airship. Lol

Somehow you see them again resting atop Variants coffin as well (which holds no body lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You seen ash? because I watched the video there was no ash.

Now there was a fel explosion but that isn't ash.

I would not be surprised if they made him a boss in a raid, You do NOT see his death. You see gul'dan putting some fel in him,him screaming and then a fel explosion. The explosion is just like the ones the adds have before you fight kilrogg.

So ya its ether A) hes dead or B) Hes a gul'dan tool now.

Blizzard just reconned the whole ending to BT and Illidian so don't rule out a Fel- Varrian boss fight.

They are not allowing anyone to test Gul'Dan so he could be part of that fight even if its Mythic Only.

I vote hes a Gul'Dan tool in someway. If he wanted him dead he would have just killed him.
    In what way did they ret con it? Not arguing, genuinely curious because I played TBC, and raided BT and never had any fucking clue why we were there.

In what way did they ret con it? Not arguing, genuinely curious because I played TBC, and raided BT and never had any fucking clue why we were there.
    Changed the fact you (Maiev) killed Illidan. Then added in the story that Demon Hunters was on X mission and showed up right after illidan was beat.

Anyone else remember some Demon Hunters showing up? I don't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Changed the fact you (Maiev) killed Illidan. Then added in the story that Demon Hunters was on X mission and showed up right after illidan was beat.

Anyone else remember some Demon Hunters showing up? I don't.
    I am confused about Maiev killing Illidan. I mean he IS dead right now so that seems normal. As far as Demon Hunters showing up, the DH cinematic didn't show any players either. I can only assume it happened after we left BT. Doesn't seem ret'coned as much as filled in. Seriously though why did we kill him in the first place? The Demon invasion we fought at the Dark Portal wasn't Illidans army right?
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-08-10 at 08:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously though why did we kill him in the first place? The Demon invasion we fought at the Dark Portal weren't Illidans army right?
    We fought illidan because he conquered a large part of outland and was hostile to it's inhabitants (most of which were our allies) - his right and left hand (kael'thas and vashj) heavily damaged the surroundings in zangarmarsh and netherstorm for the sake of amassing power and killed (or drove out) many from those areas. And despite claiming to be the enemy of the legion first and foremost, legion presence remained all over outland, even in shadowmoon valley right next to his most numerous and most powerful forces... whichalso happened to include a fuckton of demons.
    We had all the reason to see him as an enemy, and as a real threat, at the time.

Sure we knew back then that he really really wants the legion to die alot, and we now see a bunch of behind the scenes of how much he cares about fighting the legion, but during burning crusade illidan was simply the enemy of everyone. Of the legion, of outland's inhabitants, of us invaders from azeroth. Whether or not that was intentional on his part or whether he'd have preferred peace with horde and alliance is another question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

I am confused about Maiev killing Illidan. I mean he IS dead right now so that seems normal. As far as Demon Hunters showing up, the DH cinematic didn't show any players either. I can only assume it happened after we left BT. Doesn't seem ret'coned as much as filled in. Seriously though why did we kill him in the first place? The Demon invasion we fought at the Dark Portal wasn't Illidans army right?
    Illidan isn't dead tho, hes just trapped in the fel-ice thingy and his soul is in the nether. The DH cinematic did show players but it was in first person.
    Watch the video, that's you in the middle as a DH. This is suppost to take place right after Maiev and players kill Illidan

I am still not ok with (Demons don't die unless in the nether) shit. That makes the whole broken shore fight pointless as well.

Deleted
    Since Maiev and Illidan will probably me romantic involved in Legion. How will we name them? Illiev? Or is Mallidan better? Hard to decide..