Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental Shaman TMW Rotation Profile - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a Rotation guide built in TMW for Elemental Shamans that will display important information in the center of your screen so that you can easily deal the most damage possible.

This is set up to work with any talent setup so feel free to play and find what works or use guides online to get the most of your class.

UPDATE 8/17/2016

- Added GCD Tracker overlay to rotation
    - Fixed anchoring issues causing groups to appear out of place

You can find the latest version HERE

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

This will allow you to use this profile as you see it.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-08-18 at 04:37 AM.

Where did you source your rotation information from?

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Where did you source your rotation information from?
    Icy Veins, Warcraft Logs, Personal Testing on Legion Beta for the last couple months and discussions with Mythic Raiders who main Ele Shaman

IV isn't the most reliable guide at the moment (or wasn't the last time I checked). Have you documented the rotation you're using anywhere?

IV isn't the most reliable guide at the moment (or wasn't the last time I checked). Have you documented the rotation you're using anywhere?
    75% of the rotation comes from talking to my guild mates and friends who raid mythic as an ele shaman and have been testing with me. The rest comes from reading logs and watching fight replays to see what conditions they cast spells in.

Using that info I put this together and from testing found the damage to be in the right places. That would be my way of knowing things are working properly.

Once Sims come out I'll be able to use them as more data to fix any errors or updates that need to be made

Afaik the default rotation in SimCraft is the one I built last month (with a few other guys in Earthshrine) and apart from legendary/set changes should be fine.

Afaik the default rotation in SimCraft is the one I built last month (with a few other guys in Earthshrine) and apart from legendary/set changes should be fine.
    I'll take a look. If I come across anything that needs changes I'll make an update.

Thank you guys for putting so much effort into Elemental.

I´ll stick to Hekili if its out until Release, i am just used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    Thank you guys for putting so much effort into Elemental.

I´ll stick to Hekili if its out until Release, i am just used to it.
    Yep, stick to what you like. I'll keep this updated whenever major changes come so let me know if you have suggestions to improve the appearance or functionality.

Afaik, it was still inaccurate as of a few days ago.

Not sure what happened. Their Ele guide has always been decent up til now.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Afaik, it was still inaccurate as of a few days ago.

Not sure what happened. Their Ele guide has always been decent up til now.
    I believe it is accurate assuming you use the talents they suggest. It gets a little more complicated if you dont but I've set up the profile to account for that. I'll make updates as more is discovered and add trinket and tier bonuses to the priority conditions

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 8/10/2016

- Added GCD Tracker overlay to rotation

You can find the latest version HERE

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    I believe it is accurate assuming you use the talents they suggest.
    No, it isn't. Shock use is completely wrong, it doesn't indicate where to actually use Elemental Blast in the priority, completely skips Ice Fury & every other "not recommended" talent (and since when should a guide only give information based on their recommended talent choices?) and misses other stuff like Totem Mastery refreshing.

No, it isn't. Shock use is completely wrong, it doesn't indicate where to actually use Elemental Blast in the priority, completely skips Ice Fury & every other "not recommended" talent (and since when should a guide only give information based on their recommended talent choices?) and misses other stuff like Totem Mastery refreshing.
    Isn't that what he just said? Then he said that he's set up the profile to account for that. I haven't taken a look at his profile so I can't comment on whether it is correct or not.

What amounts do you think shocks should be used? And I agree about not accounting for other talents. I try to make these profiles work in any setup

Deleted
    Hi Op,
    i really enjoy your TMW thanks alot.

I would prefer to have a smaller rotation icon that shows the next spell in line (i am aware of it being quite unreliable somtimes since procs and all). Is this possible for you to add in? or help me create at least? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mattefju View Post
    Hi Op,
    i really enjoy your TMW thanks alot.

I would prefer to have a smaller rotation icon that shows the next spell in line (i am aware of it being quite unreliable somtimes since procs and all). Is this possible for you to add in? or help me create at least? thanks in advance
    I'm actually working on that right now. No ETA but I have some ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Added during my lunch break and ran a couple phases of an invasion. Great work, I will be using it a lot for Legion.

And this is why I direct people to the Wowhead guides

The misses in the IV guide are pretty large omissions. Not sure why they didn't reach out to Bink, Gistwiki, or any of the other well known Ele guide writers/theroycrafters.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    What amounts do you think shocks should be used? And I agree about not accounting for other talents. I try to make these profiles work in any setup
    ES over LvB: 92
    ES after LvB: 86
    FS refresh at sub 10.5 seconds with 20 Ms
    LvB should *not* be cast without FS up (auto crit LvB deals 2.1 times the damage of a non-auto crit LvB on average)

ES over LvB: 92
    ES after LvB: 86
    FS refresh at sub 10.5 seconds with 20 Ms
    LvB should *not* be cast without FS up (auto crit LvB deals 2.1 times the damage of a non-auto crit LvB on average)
    FS has higher priority that LvB and suggest recasting within 3.5 seconds so it's almost impossible to not have it up at the same time with constant refreshing.

ES right now is set to proc at 90+ maelstrom, I could tune it to 86 but so far I haven't come across maelstrom capping. I'll keep an eye out for that and make changes if needed.