Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How did we get back to our Azeroth from Draenor?

The first thing we did on Draenor was to destroy the dark portal, and Khadgar can only open small portals briefly (which doesn't make much sense that a human mage can create portals through time). The portals in Stormshield/Warspear is not there lorewise, so how did everyone get back to our Azeroth?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the first things we did after eluding the pursuing Iron Horde was to build a garrison by portalling in a small army of workers. Even if the portals in Warspear/Stormshield aren't considered to be there in lore, a handful of other portals are.

Otherwise, um ... everyone just rubbed their hearthstones while thinking happy thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    After the disruption of the Dark Portal, the Kirin Tor realized that to fight the Iron Horde on their own soil, they would need a supply line for reinforcements. Thus, they created outposts across Draenor with magical links back to Azeroth. Unfortunately, what seemed like a prime strategic location near the Blackrock Foundry was known to the botani as The Everbloom, a sacred place within Gorgrond woodlands. The outpost was quickly overgrown, but it still contains a link to the outskirts of Stormwind... (Game Guide)

Yes, that's what I mentioned in the OP. Khadgar said when he did that: "I can only open this briefly" and a few workers came through. He couldn't create portals for an entire army of Alliance and Horde.

Also those small portals are pretty stupid, when Garrosh needed tons of help to create the new dark portal, including the bronze dragonflight which are the only ones that can master time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MdAlmighty View Post
    Yes, that's what I mentioned in the OP. Khadgar said when he did that: "I can only open this briefly" and a few workers came through. He couldn't create portals for an entire army of Alliance and Horde.
    He said it right at the beginning of the xpac. Even in 6.0, both factions managed to get more mages and portals into Draenor, so there's your answer.

Also those small portals are pretty stupid, when Garrosh needed tons of help to create the new dark portal, including the bronze dragonflight which are the only ones that can master time.
    Did you expect consistency from Blizzard? Kek.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh didn't have any help on the Dark Portal from the bronze dragonflight. He killed Kairoz and took the Vision of Time shard. That shard resonates with the other pieces on our Azeroth in our time allowing for that connection.

Deleted
    He said it right at the beginning of the xpac. Even in 6.0, both factions managed to get more mages and portals into Draenor, so there's your answer.

And the Ashran portals are canon, don't know why you think otherwise.

One word..... Magic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It was very consistent, Khadgar said it at the beginning of the xpac. Before he understood the Draenor leylines.

3rd post is right. There is stargate in everbloom connected to one in Stormwind created by Kirin Tor mages and presumably powered by everbloom plants energy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    He needed the Bronze to *find* that specific timeline, with those specific parameters. That's what we are told by Kairoz himself in the short story. After it was found and the first portal was started, we had all the power of the Kirin Tor *and* Khadgar working together, from both sides. We at least know that this helps immensely, because the Dark Portal itself (the real deal, from WC 1) was made from two sides.

And it was massive. While the Kirin Tor portals were not, it's not like we marched thousands of troops into Draenor. It was pretty much us the "heroes" leading local forces.

There are way worse inconsistencies than that in any game or story you pick, WoW has its fair share ofc but this isn't one of them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

And the Ashran portals are canon, don't know why you think otherwise.
    I remember a blizzard dev tweeting they were not there lorewise when someones asked if they could use them for roleplaying.

- - - Updated - - -

How did the Kirin Tor suddenly get the power to make portals to another timeline? No one have been able to do anything similar before and now they are just popping up portals through time? What am I missing here?

Mages have a link back to anywhere they've been. Any portals connecting are made from Draenor to Azeroth.

My question is why can't we just move to AU Azeroth and let the Legion win there. And then move to AAU Azeroth if they come there. There will always been another Azeroth(the titan).

7+ Year Old Account
    we teleported out? like we constantly do?

Formerly known as Arafal

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's best if we just forget WOD all together. Alternate Gul'dan found a way to come to our timeline, Garrosh died of some troll STD in his bed, the end.

Deleted
    I remember a blizzard dev tweeting they were not there lorewise when someones asked if they could use them for roleplaying.
    That was during the beta. Then it was changed.

How did the Kirin Tor suddenly get the power to make portals to another timeline? No one have been able to do anything similar before and now they are just popping up portals through time? What am I missing here?
    Leylines and the rift created in space and time.

Also need to take into account that we were likely there for a somewhat long period. Even though it only takes a day or two to get through most of the content, it realistically took much longer than that. Which would afford the chances to slowly bring more and more resources through these small, temporary portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    It's best if we just forget WOD all together. Alternate Gul'dan found a way to come to our timeline, Garrosh died of some troll STD in his bed, the end.
    This really does seem like the best way to handle the story. The only important thing from WoD is that alt-Gul'Dan exists, and everything else either requires a messy explanation or is a flat out plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Mages have a link back to anywhere they've been. Any portals connecting are made from Draenor to Azeroth.

My question is why can't we just move to AU Azeroth and let the Legion win there. And then move to AAU Azeroth if they come there. There will always been another Azeroth(the titan).
    There is no Alternate Azeroth, AU Draenor is a time bubble.
    And, this one is speculation on my part because it's never been outright stated but, we've been told by Nozdormu that the prime timeline is the one that matters, and I think that's related to the Titan Soul. If the Titan soul only inhabits Prime Azeroth, and has to awaken in the prime timeline, then alternate timeline are useless for us, we have to defend the Prime.