Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Demon Blades is Incredibly Unfun

I know that this talent is currently simming higher than the others in its tier, and that Blizzard have said that it will likely be brought down to perform less, but all that notwithstanding, this talent is incredibly unfun.

Currently I am doing practically no real end-game content so I said no way to Demon Blades, but I feel for the individuals who hate this talent and feel forced to use it for dem DPS gains.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people ARE ACTUALY using that? Why? You loose a perfectly good ability and God knows how few abilities we have so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Wait, people ARE ACTUALY using that? Why?
    because it's parsing higher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Yeah no kidding, I used it for abit, and I was bored out of my mind. Demon bite makes the rotation feel way cleaner.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people ARE ACTUALY using that? Why? You loose a perfectly good ability and God knows how few abilities we have so far
    It's supposedly good for dungeons and raids. I just don't see it considering I find myself using abilities much less. It's slow and it's boring regardless.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

People are using the talent that currently does the most damage? On live and in beta, currently? Who knew.

I find it quite fun, especially when it banks a charge and you burst your resources up. Get up to 80 or if you're below it use a fel rush to get to it, double chaos, get a third if you crit. It's fun in its own way, something i didn't expect of it.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    People are using the talent that currently does the most damage? On live and in beta, currently? Who knew.

I find it quite fun, especially when it banks a charge and you burst your resources up. Get up to 80 or if you're below it use a fel rush to get to it, double chaos, get a third if you crit. It's fun in its own way, something i didn't expect of it.

yh I decided to test that agaisnt a training dummy, in 10min I only got 3 "burst" of fury, most of the time I was just auto attacking since I didnt have enough fury to cast Chaos Strike.

can be fun and maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe has higher dps par but having Demon's bite on rotation feels clean and "normal"

Bear in mind you're playing it without a number of other talents that flesh out the game a lot and Demon Blades slots in well there, right now you're basically playing half the class.

it feels a lot better once you get Felblade and start filling globals with that(which is more fury, so more chaos strikes, so even more globals filled). right now you guys are complaining about half a toolkit before you get the other half. at 110 Demon Blades is great, does more damage and makes managing Fel Rush easier.

In this one case I wouldn't be caring about best talent because if you are playing a DH in raids right now you are being carried. So not like it makes much difference and they'll just make sure it's not best at 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    it feels a lot better once you get Felblade and start filling globals with that(which is more fury, so more chaos strikes, so even more globals filled). right now you guys are complaining about half a toolkit before you get the other half. at 110 Demon Blades is great, does more damage and makes managing Fel Rush easier.
    This isnt technically true. While the talents do provide some important things for the DH, the rotation is still incredibly simple. Adding two more buttons to push on cd doesnt add complexity really.

This is the DH's overall problem atm. The only complexity it can get comes from the momentum build which half the population hate and some apparently love to death(i call these the people that have not raided as momentum).

The spec needs non movement based abilities that can add to the complexity of the standard rotation.

In short: It needs choices. Players need to be able to make the wrong choice in a rotation for better players to stand out.

I like it. I'm already feeling like I'm gonna get carpal tunnel from spamming shear as vengeance, I'm glad it's not as spammy, and I get to use throw glaive as a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    I know that this talent is currently simming higher than the others in its tier, and that Blizzard have said that it will likely be brought down to perform less, but all that notwithstanding, this talent is incredibly unfun.

Currently I am doing practically no real end-game content so I said no way to Demon Blades, but I feel for the individuals who hate this talent and feel forced to use it for dem DPS gains.
    Yah, who the hell ever thought auto attacking was fun?

Momentum seems incredibly unfun to me. Blzrd pls rmv.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Rogues, whose damage has historically been disproportionately autoattacks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Oddly enough I really like Arms, which is also resource starved. It feels better to me than a GCD locked class where you just spam a filler. More methodical, less hyper.

I have yet to play the Momentum build in raids, but with Momentum and Demon Blades, you're able to squeeze better abilities into those short windows without wasting a GCD on Demon's Bite just to get Fury to use a better ability. Doubly so during Metamorphosis. I'm still quite worried that Momentum will be awful to play in an actual raid setting, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Rogues, whose damage has historically been disproportionately autoattacks lol.
    Its only combat that has a high AA damage and it only has that because people have been using SnD properly.

Unlike this talent thats just passive.

There is a difference.

Also we arent talking vanilla here where everything was a two button spec

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkhel View Post
    Oddly enough I really like Arms, which is also resource starved. It feels better to me than a GCD locked class where you just spam a filler. More methodical, less hyper.

I have yet to play the Momentum build in raids, but with Momentum and Demon Blades, you're able to squeeze better abilities into those short windows without wasting a GCD on Demon's Bite just to get Fury to use a better ability. Doubly so during Metamorphosis. I'm still quite worried that Momentum will be awful to play in an actual raid setting, though.
    From personal subjective experience its absolutely terrible to play momentum in both dungeons and raids

That build alone made me drop maining a DH in legion

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Its only combat that has a high AA damage and it only has that because people have been using SnD properly.

Unlike this talent thats just passive.

There is a difference.

Also we arent talking vanilla here where everything was a two button spec
    I axed the second part since you said it was subjective, so it's entirely justified. This however isn't. Demon Blades is not "entirely passive" and it does have a playstyle built around it with managing your resource much more carefully because the way that it is generated is more sporadic but unpredictable. Gameplay at 100 is obviously lacking because you fundamentally lack abilities to fill empty GCDs with that come later, but at that point when you do have them it has a very distinct feel to it if you play it correctly.

However, if you play it incorrectly and treat it as a "lol 2 button passive talent" then 1) it's not worth taking because you're going to be using it incorrectly and 2) are arguably not giving it even the smallest chance because you don't want to like it versus wanting to know what it actually involves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I axed the second part since you said it was subjective, so it's entirely justified. This however isn't. Demon Blades is not "entirely passive" and it does have a playstyle built around it with managing your resource much more carefully because the way that it is generated is more sporadic but unpredictable. Gameplay at 100 is obviously lacking because you fundamentally lack abilities to fill empty GCDs with that come later, but at that point when you do have them it has a very distinct feel to it if you play it correctly.

However, if you play it incorrectly and treat it as a "lol 2 button passive talent" then 1) it's not worth taking because you're going to be using it incorrectly and 2) are arguably not giving it even the smallest chance because you don't want to like it versus wanting to know what it actually involves.
    I actually do want to like it. I played a DH from 100-110 vehemently trying to ignore the momentum build.

My personal problem with havoc is that the movement abilities are part of the rotation. It just annoys me. Its not that i want to just stand still and AA a boss. But i want my movement abilities to be used to dodge stuff or position myself correctly. I dont want them to be part of my dps rotation

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post

Someone with patience and logic? What?

I'm personally reserving judgment until we get the full toolkit. Atm, it does feel bland (this coming from someone who mained a rogue for almost a decade lol), but we are only getting a preview. For those who aren't content, I would suggest playing another class until the end of the month.