Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will be using i7-6700k if that helps at all

Deleted
    Doesnt matter what your current CPU is, you won't be hitting 100 FPS in 20 man raids regardless but in other content that involves smaller number of players, you should be hitting 100 + FPS anyways, really depends on how you value the FPS in which scenario and how much you do it.

If I was a raid logger, I wouldn't buy a 144 Hz monitor unless I play my other games just as strongly, though I am ultrawide or bust when it comes to monitors.

Deleted
    I guess my predator osd is lying then...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    If your comment is response in regards to being above 100 FPS in 20 man raiding on a consistent basis at high to max settings, lets see some evidence of this please, both AMD and Nvidia provide free video recording tools, chop chop and get to it, no excuses to not post up results and almost every one has a smart phone so if you can't record in game footage for some odd reason, use your camera phone please to record a decent chunk of time on the FPS counter in the given situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Not entirely sure what you are referring to, but I am guessing this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It's pretty simple to understand really. A 144hz monitor without adaptive sync is physically incapable of displaying 60 FPS. It Displays 144/72/36/18/9 FPS.
    I bolded the important part. The Acer Predator X34 uses G-Sync, so it can display whatever FPS it wants as it adjusts the frequency to whatever your FPS is. However, the OP was talking about getting a monitor for $250, so his will not have G-Sync like the predator.

I got https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator...=asus+predator

I have to say it is the best upgrade I have ever done. Took me a few to get used to the size but its awesome once you get used to the massiveness.

Edit: but yeah not $250.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I got https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator...=asus+predator

I have to say it is the best upgrade I have ever done. Took me a few to get used to the size but its awesome once you get used to the massiveness.

Edit: but yeah not $250.
    Yeah, it has G-Sync. The OP is not going to find a monitor with G-Sync for $250. Without G-Sync, the monitor can only physically display 144/72/36/18/9 FPS. So in WoW, in raids and other intensive situations, if he can not maintain 72 FPS, his monitor will only be displaying 36 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, it has G-Sync. The OP is not going to find a monitor with G-Sync for $250. Without G-Sync, the monitor can only physically display 144/72/36/18/9 FPS. So in WoW, in raids and other intensive situations, if he can not maintain 72 FPS, his monitor will only be displaying 36 FPS.
    only with v-sync on, turn it off and it will display whatever up to the refresh rate of the monitor.

Deleted
    Yeah it was lathai sorry for not reading better

Gonna give fraps a try recording my fps meter and see how low it drops...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    only with v-sync on, turn it off and it will display whatever up to the refresh rate of the monitor.
    Sure, but most people don't want screen tearing as soon as they move the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sure, but most people don't want screen tearing as soon as they move the camera.
    If you're running a windowed application (including borderless fullscreen) under Windows 7 (with Aero on), Windows 8, or Windows 10, then you won't see a screen tear. Microsoft's Desktop Window Manager (DWM) is buffering a frame itself to present to the screen.