Thread: Roll the bones

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch My Bankai View Post
    Honestly, I can live with RtB, but I am NOT a fan of it... if they can get SnD to be somewhat comparable I'll be using that. Call it boring or whatever, but I prefer the steady-ness of it over the randomness of RtB
    RtB really makes the spec fun to play. It changes a lot based on what rolls you get. You go into periods of energy starvation or energy overload, combo points for days or struggling to get 5pt. Hell, the entire spec is actually extremely enjoyable if you neglect the responsiveness. It's a bit spammy at points and it seems like nothing works.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    RtB really makes the spec fun to play. It changes a lot based on what rolls you get. You go into periods of energy starvation or energy overload, combo points for days or struggling to get 5pt. Hell, the entire spec is actually extremely enjoyable if you neglect the responsiveness. It's a bit spammy at points and it seems like nothing works.
    You do realize that most of what you just said is precisely why some people don't find the spec fun, right? Also, most of what you said is self-contradictory.

It's not self-contradictory at all. At points it seems spammy and nothing works. Outside of critiquing responsiveness it's actually pretty enjoyable. RtB has actual game play repercussions, and isn't a stat stick. Some people are going to hate/dislike any spec.. vastly though you'd be surprised by the number of rogues that actually enjoy playing the spec right now.

It's not self-contradictory at all. At points it seems spammy and nothing works. Outside of critiquing responsiveness it's actually pretty enjoyable. RtB has actual game play repercussions, and isn't a stat stick. Some people are going to hate/dislike any spec.. vastly though you'd be surprised by the number of rogues that actually enjoy playing the spec right now.
    I played assassination through Warlords. After trying all three specs properly I find outlaw the most fun. Nothing compares to the feeling of power from a 6 roll. I like it and I enjoy the randomness, keeps things interesting.

Fish for Shark: 212k dps
    Fish for Shark or 2+buffs: 217K dps

This doesn't make sense to me. The implication is that I'm attempting to get 2+buffs, but it's ok to stop if I get Shark. So that implies that Shark alone is as good as 2+ buffs. But assuming the sim is correct, Shark can't be worth 212k dps AND 217k dps. It's one or the other, right? So this is either contradictory, or I'm just missing something here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Fish for Shark: 212k dps
    Fish for Shark or 2+buffs: 217K dps

This doesn't make sense to me. The implication is that I'm attempting to get 2+buffs, but it's ok to stop if I get Shark. So that implies that Shark alone is as good as 2+ buffs. But assuming the sim is correct, Shark can't be worth 212k dps AND 217k dps. It's one or the other, right? So this is either contradictory, or I'm just missing something here.
    Fish for shark at 212k dps includes Re-rolling even if you get two buffs. at 217k dps you stop re-rolling if you get two buffs or shark.
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladivine View Post
    Fish for shark at 212k dps includes Re-rolling even if you get two buffs. at 217k dps you stop re-rolling if you get two buffs or shark.
    So if you get any one buff and its not shark you reroll?

is there a point where you should stop trying to reroll?

i noticed i can get between 5-6 rolls until i get 2+ buffs, and i drop like 10k dps if that happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post

i noticed i can get between 5-6 rolls until i get 2+ buffs, and i drop like 10k dps if that happens.
    This is actually my biggest gripe aswell.

I've tried getting crap buffs likr 5-6 times in a row. Sometimes it will literally just reroll the same buff 3-4 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is actually my biggest gripe aswell.

I've tried getting crap buffs likr 5-6 times in a row. Sometimes it will literally just reroll the same buff 3-4 times in a row.
    It really depends on the length of a fight. The longer it is, the more beneficial rerolling will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladivine View Post
    Do I reroll with 5 CP?

It's statistics, sometimes you just get fucked. Don't stop though, you've committed to that path, stopping now will only further screw you.

Quote Originally Posted by marinara42 View Post
    It really depends on the length of a fight. The longer it is, the more beneficial rerolling will be.
    This is so important others realize.. If it's a short fight (think Iron Reaver 30s), even one reroll will screw you. If you MfD and get a shit roll, bend over. If you get 6buff, grats you're going to #rekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Do I reroll with 5 CP?
    If you reroll you should always reroll with 5+, ideally if you can target 6 do so, not always possible tho.

Deleted
    It's statistics, sometimes you just get fucked. Don't stop though, you've committed to that path, stopping now will only further screw you.

This is so important others realize.. If it's a short fight (think Iron Reaver 30s), even one reroll will screw you. If you MfD and get a shit roll, bend over. If you get 6buff, grats you're going to #rekt.

If you reroll you should always reroll with 5+, ideally if you can target 6 do so, not always possible tho.
    I honestly think there should be some sort of "you are fucked" protection.

Something like doing 4 rerolls in a row will always trigger a two buff roll or something

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I honestly think there should be some sort of "you are fucked" protection.

Something like doing 4 rerolls in a row will always trigger a two buff roll or something
    Considering blizzard's intent is that you do not reroll at all, we're more likely to see more nerfs to RTB than some kinda protection.

i also have another question:
    many times when saber slashing for Run Through, i can easily get to 5CP, and then i'm kinda starved for energy.
    should i just wait for another SS?
    Should i use RT with 5CP?

i know that at least in assassination, it's fine to use envenom with 5CP

Deleted
    Considering blizzard's intent is that you do not reroll at all, we're more likely to see more nerfs to RTB than some kinda protection.

i also have another question:
    many times when saber slashing for Run Through, i can easily get to 5CP, and then i'm kinda starved for energy.
    should i just wait for another SS?
    Should i use RT with 5CP?

i know that at least in assassination, it's fine to use envenom with 5CP
    Which is kinda weird because its the only thing Outlaw has going for it.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-14 at 08:29 AM.