Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Affliction will most likely get nerfed with the amount of QQ it's been getting. It did not take them long to nerf Casting Circle. However, I still don't see any melee mobility nerfs, so I'm still really wondering.

EDIT: Welp, it did not take them long to actually nerf the absorption we get. But it got compensated somewhere though, haste and mastery got buffed. I can deal with that. One main complaint from Affliction is that it has weak baseline damage but ridiculous self-healing. They nerfed healing and buffed damage, which is pretty much a fair trade off (as it should always be).

And finally some Destruction buffs but nerfs to Mastery. Chaos Bolt gets a 20% buff in PvP and another 75% from crit scaling.
    I still don't know what the total is if we factor in the mastery nerfs as it's a huge nerf.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2016-08-05 at 02:53 AM.

Deleted
    same old same old. i bet 80% of the ppl complaining do no even understand whats going on. yes, wls are tanky when speccing into demon skin and dark pact but they lose all mobility and instant CC. dark pact can easily be countered by either getting the pet low first or simply forcing DP, then waiting out its duration and stun-tunneling the wl after. having no howl of terror or mortal coil also makes peeling harder for the wl.
    wl pops DP, enemy proceeds to dump all his offensives into it instead of kiting/losing for 20s against someone w/o any mobility, then visits forum and QQs. classic.

i just hope they do not nerf wls too hard. really liking the multi dotting playstyle.

comparing wl heals to subtlety: subtlety can specc into 3% of maxhealth heal every second while in stealth/dancing and can specc into about 80% uptime on shadowdance while also having tons of instant cc and crazy mobility. difference is that WL has burst-defensives with darkpact while sub heals are sustained and less noticeable when just tunneling the enemy w/o using brain cells. rogues bar will go down, wls wont for a while after using dark pact. conclusion: wls must be broken.
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2016-08-05 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Affliction will most likely get nerfed with the amount of QQ it's been getting. It did not take them long to nerf Casting Circle. However, I still don't see any melee mobility nerfs, so I'm still really wondering.

EDIT: Welp, it did not take them long to actually nerf the absorption we get. But it got compensated somewhere though, haste and mastery got buffed. I can deal with that. One main complaint from Affliction is that it has weak baseline damage but ridiculous self-healing. They nerfed healing and buffed damage, which is pretty much a fair trade off (as it should always be).

And finally some Destruction buffs but nerfs to Mastery. Chaos Bolt gets a 20% buff in PvP and another 75% from crit scaling.
    I still don't know what the total is if we factor in the mastery nerfs as it's a huge nerf.
    Despite the buff to chaos bolt and the buff from crit scaling, this spell hit like a noodle because the mastery huge nerf

also, the huge mastery nerf is a huge nerf to destruction survivability
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2016-08-05 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Despite the buff to chaos bolt and the buff from crit scaling, this spell hit like a noodle because the mastery huge nerf

also, the huge mastery nerf is a huge nerf to destruction survivability
    Is the new CB lower than before? LMAO, they are SO out of touch.

Deleted
    The endless series of whines from melee - particularly rogues - were to be expected

"I can't steamroller a caster in two globals to honour farm like I used to"

"As a rogue I find it unfair I can't sap-stun-kick-stun-sap a warlock for my effortless kills" (even though they can, a skilled rogue can almost always take down a lock)
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-08-05 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    The endless series of whines from melee - particularly rogues - were to be expected

"I can't steamroller a caster in two globals to honour farm like I used to"

"As a rogue I find it unfair I can't sap-stun-kick-stun-sap a warlock for my effortless kills" (even though they can, a skilled rogue can almost always take down a lock)
    Very true, I'd say more than any other class, rogues make me the most nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Is the new CB lower than before? LMAO, they are SO out of touch.
    i don't see difference between pre and after fix, this because huge mastery nerf i think
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2016-08-05 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    question about rot and decay: when it refreshes UA, does UA keep its compounding horror stack? the way i understand it UA loses all of its stacked damage from successive UA casts, but what about compounding horror?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    i don't see difference between pre and after fix, this because huge mastery nerf i think
    This needs to be addressed. Their buff to Chaos Bolt is pretty much useless.

Currently using 3/2/3/1/3/2/3 For Affliction PVP. Used Haunt for a while but generally needing another button just to do damage isnt that good.

Anyone got a better setup?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    Currently using 3/2/3/1/3/2/3 For Affliction PVP. Used Haunt for a while but generally needing another button just to do damage isnt that good.

Anyone got a better setup?
    Depends on what kind of PvP you are refering to.

Writhe in Agony is very good if the enemy team lacks decursing, if it risks getting dispelled Drain Soul MIGHT be preferable.

If you risk getting targeted, Demon Skin is obviously sick.. Otherwise, the extra peels are good. Howl vs melee cleaves (or stacked teams), Coil vs other teams.

Contagion might be prefered in arena, at least if you're going for spread damage (in 3s mainly). Vs. stealthers (and bgs) I find Absolute Corruption very nice (mainly in 2s).. Makes it a pain for rogues to try and get a restealth when the 2v2 ends up being a 1 on 1. I think Contagion will be my go to talent for arena though, especially with Endless Affliction from the pvp talent tree later on.

Soul Conduit is most likely the easiest choice for 3v3 and bgs (not always the best though), for 2v2 I'd go Soul Effigy, and in some cases in 3v3 as well.

Those are my opinions at least.

Deleted
    Whats the better 90 talent for bgs and arena ?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really like Soul Effigy for BGs. Especially for "chasing down" extremely mobile FCs. It's always fun to see the enemy FC die across the map from all the dots you had on your Soul Effigy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafisto View Post
    Whats the better 90 talent for bgs and arena ?
    Assuming you're talking affliction, probably holds true for destro as well.. Demo I dunno.

For arena GoSer if you have anyone to interrupt, otherwise I'd go with GoSup for the doomguard slow. For BGs I usually run GoSac for the extra damage. Sucks not having an interrupt yourself, but I usually play BGs with friends that will interrupt for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Assuming you're talking affliction, probably holds true for destro as well.. Demo I dunno.

For arena GoSer if you have anyone to interrupt, otherwise I'd go with GoSup for the doomguard slow. For BGs I usually run GoSac for the extra damage. Sucks not having an interrupt yourself, but I usually play BGs with friends that will interrupt for me
    Ye, i mean for Affli xD

Tks for the tip

Writhe in Agony is very good if the enemy team lacks decursing, if it risks getting dispelled Drain Soul MIGHT be preferable.

If you risk getting targeted, Demon Skin is obviously sick.. Otherwise, the extra peels are good. Howl vs melee cleaves (or stacked teams), Coil vs other teams.

Contagion might be prefered in arena, at least if you're going for spread damage (in 3s mainly). Vs. stealthers (and bgs) I find Absolute Corruption very nice (mainly in 2s).. Makes it a pain for rogues to try and get a restealth when the 2v2 ends up being a 1 on 1. I think Contagion will be my go to talent for arena though, especially with Endless Affliction from the pvp talent tree later on.

Soul Conduit is most likely the easiest choice for 3v3 and bgs (not always the best though), for 2v2 I'd go Soul Effigy, and in some cases in 3v3 as well.

@CuchuCachu 2 1 1 1 3 1 2 , for level 100.

You don't need soul conduit at level 100 , if you read previous pages you will see you cannot benefit from more than 5 shards' worth of UA dump without any pvp talents, effigy is never considered for arena/bgs because it is dispellable and too much of a hassle/ time invested for too little reward, go phantom singularity. use it after 5 shards UA dump, enjoy.

really just bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    This is absolutely hilarious, and true. I'm having lots of fun doing all those random ABs and BfGs where people, upon seeing a lonely warlock picking daisies near a flag, sometimes wait and run back and forth waiting for 2-3 friends to come help them. And the hilarious warriors and DKs who still didn't get the memo and just grip you or pop cd's and charge you, expecting to nuke you down in 3 seconds, bless their souls. This is so, so good.

Although... the only class I've seen so far that's really capable of actually bursting me properly is some kind of rogue, Assassination? They *really* hurt, compared to the other melee boys.
    I'm noticing this too, Assa rogues are scary.

Oh, and things don't line up for me. I read on forums "lol I tank 2-3 people and I win". Doesn't happen to me in bgs. I don't die easily but I feel two melee on my back is impossible, with kicks, stuns and belf silence + AMS/CoS. So the question is: do I suck (not impossible, I have no skills in anything), do forum people exaggerate or have they fought people that can't play properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    I expected the whining, PVP has been World of Melee-craft for so long they really don't like being able to charge/grip/stun a cloth caster and being able to kill in two globals.

Oh no, a caster who can fight back, can;t have that

Mind you, the nerfs are on the horizon. Sadly Blizzard have listened to the morons who dispell after a lock manages to land five or six UA's on them and are then suprised a really hurts.

The "120% remaining damage" on dispell means practically no dispell protection, just like it was before. No one will fear dispelling that.

But they won;t change a "lol I'm a rogue and I can stun/sap/kick/stun lock you whilst globalling merrily away" or "haha you got me to low health lol vanish lol"

Or, indeed, the absurd amount sof damage a druid can do with starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I expected the whining, PVP has been World of Melee-craft for so long they really don't like being able to charge/grip/stun a cloth caster and being able to kill in two globals.

Oh no, a caster who can fight back, can;t have that

Mind you, the nerfs are on the horizon. Sadly Blizzard have listened to the morons who dispell after a lock manages to land five or six UA's on them and are then suprised a really hurts.

The "120% remaining damage" on dispell means practically no dispell protection, just like it was before. No one will fear dispelling that.

But they won;t change a "lol I'm a rogue and I can stun/sap/kick/stun lock you whilst globalling merrily away" or "haha you got me to low health lol vanish lol"

Or, indeed, the absurd amount sof damage a druid can do with starfall.
    so true, I mean..the fact people think we just sit in the back and freecast UA all day is just a total giveaway that these players are complete plebs. Does that happen sometimes? yes, but when it does i'm jumping for joy because i'm usually getting focused by a troll duo of rogues who im sure literally que for BG's just to fuck with warlocks.

This potential nerf is incredibly unwarranted, I want to go all the way with my lock this year without having another T1 class carry me, I wanna be wanted!!!! lol