Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    He's completely gone. Not just dead. His soul has been ripped apart.
    You don't know that.

Whether she can do it or not depends on what has actually happened to his soul. Banished to the Nether? Enslaved by the Legion? Claimed by the Light? Gone to the Halls of Valor? Destroyed?

Until we know for certain what happened to it, we can't have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    This is bothering me. Could it happen? It would be an interesting turn of events.

I don't know how the process of turning into an undead works in WoW lore, so, this is purely speculation. dont judge me plz
    if he was stabbed yes... but he exploded... so no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    You don't know that.

Whether she can do it or not depends on what has actually happened to his soul. Banished to the Nether? Enslaved by the Legion? Claimed by the Light? Gone to the Halls of Valor? Destroyed?

Until we know for certain what happened to it, we can't have an answer.
    yes she could "bring back his soul" but not his body... so he would be something else... not himself... cause his body is gone

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with others in the thought process that "destroying" Varian's soul seems like a waste from a story standpoint. He can be used, he can be a raid boss, he can be a weakness for Anduin to overcome later on, his death and his living soul can be re-purposed for lost. Blizz likes bringing people back, making them relevant again, so it seems like a go-to move to bring him around once more.

All of that being said, I'd be happy with either. Become a raid boss, become resurrected by Sylvannas, or stay dead. It's all fine with me!

Maybe he's hanging out with Turalyon & Alleria...
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    But that is not part of the powers of the valkyr of sylvanas, and is possible even the varian soul was destroyed.
    And? you said you can't rezz w/o a body. you are wrong.

Can anyone confirm if Varian is in the Warrior order hall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian's remains can currently fit in a ziploc, and who would bother rezzing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Can anyone confirm if Varian is in the Warrior order hall?
    I think they stripped the Warrior Order Hall of anyone not Vrykul. So basically the hall is full of a bunch of no name Vrykul "heroes"

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    You can't bring back disenchanted items... or people, for that matter.
    Most underrated comment in this subsection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I think from a writer's standpoint, killing him the way they did was meant to make clear that this wasn't a thing that was on the table.
    This. They even did the symbolism thing with Shalamaynes flame going out.

So what if Sylvanas was bargaining with Helya in Stormheim for Varian and Vol'jins bodies and souls back? We know Odyn has the power to stop death, who knows what power Helya has.

I don't think Blizzard has any plan for Varian after his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I don't think Blizzard has any plan for Varian after his death.
    Probably not. Takes away from the magnitude of the situation if necromancy is the answer to every death.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I agree with others in the thought process that "destroying" Varian's soul seems like a waste from a story standpoint. He can be used, he can be a raid boss, he can be a weakness for Anduin to overcome later on, his death and his living soul can be re-purposed for lost. Blizz likes bringing people back, making them relevant again, so it seems like a go-to move to bring him around once more.

All of that being said, I'd be happy with either. Become a raid boss, become resurrected by Sylvannas, or stay dead. It's all fine with me!

Maybe he's hanging out with Turalyon & Alleria...
    Nah let him rest. Not everyone needs to be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think they stripped the Warrior Order Hall of anyone not Vrykul. So basically the hall is full of a bunch of no name Vrykul "heroes"
    That's idiotic considering the fact that the PC isn't a Vrykul yet gets brought to the hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    So what if Sylvanas was bargaining with Helya in Stormheim for Varian and Vol'jins bodies and souls back? We know Odyn has the power to stop death, who knows what power Helya has.
    Hmmmm, that is actually a good point, actions later in the zone could fit as well.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Could it happen?
    IF she puts him back together maybe but he will look like this:

Deleted
    Varian is with his wife now ...he has finally found peace

He can walk from the graveyard to his corpse. Varian you lazy bastard.

Or send a healer to res him.

Deleted
    I'd like to refer you all to the bottom half of this comic.

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, yeah. There's a quest in Brill where you slay this farmer who was raised by the Scourge, then bring his corpse to a Forsaken priest and she conducts a ritual that uses his remains to call forth his soul. They then try to convince his soul to talk to them. If that same ritual could be used to beckon Varian's soul from the Void/Light, and if they could find a way to turn it into a He-Banshee, then Banshee-Varian could possess the corpse of a dead human and come back... sort of.

Or maybe the part of him could attach itself to Goldrin and live on in the Emerald Dream, to reconstitute and be reincarnated one day as a wolf or something.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)