Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty good and quest chains are coming from next week aswell.
    Pre Expansion has more content than WoD's first major content patch (7.1).
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2016-08-11 at 05:10 AM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Playing a faction imbalanced server is making invasions very very unfun for me.

They really need to disable pvp in these areas. And not because of any kind of "carebear boohoo role a pve server" reason - I love world pvp - but because getting within 20 yards of a mob means dieing instantly to cleave / aoe.

That's not pvp it's bad design.

The rest of the stuff is great though.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far The WOTLK was more fun and involving. ( so fun google it and this board, there were dozens of threads by noobs and no life AH farmers QQing a storm about it, almost guaranteeing we'll never see another like it. )

I say so far because just tonight I went and hit Azshara, there was a Fel Reaver running around stomping the raid group. ) If Blizz has the balls to take this to major citys the last week, or even the last weekend, it'll be truly epic. I haven't seen a demon or dragon kited to Org or Stormwind in nearly a decade, If Blizz starts dropping raid level ones from the sky I'll be impressed.

I like the cata event a lot. Everyone in Stormwind/IF banding together into a deathball cleaning out the elemental elites/bosses sector by sector of the city. and then the mini dungeons that gave sub-raid purples for people's alts and then the elemental invasions across azeroth outside the cities on smaller scales depending on the level of the zone. Also the little infiltration quest of the twilight cultists for each faction was fun too. Im sure im forgetting more to cata's pre-expansion events but this is what i remember most.

Meh, boring. I'm going to stick to camping Salma Saldean to grief noobs trying to progress through Westfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I had more fun playing this invasion event than really any other pre-expansion event ever. I saw more participation from players than I had in all previous expansions.

Could this be the best pre-expansion event ever? I mean there is SOOOOOO much content in this pre-expansion event, lots of fun transmogs, pets, toys, secret events, turning people into demons. Several servers are locked / full and there are queues galore.

This is the best pre-expansion event blizzard has EVER done, imho.

Thoughts?
    ill bait - the event is ok but nothing super exitiing - its basickly combination of battlefield barrens with mini twist of mid mop with pre mop scenario thingy - if it wasnt for pre purchasing and DH being there it would be pretty shallow tbh - its nicely looking but very shallow - i give it a week before people will be bored to death with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Pre Expansion has more content than WoD's first major content patch (7.1).
    this is actually very true and painfully showing how much WoD sucked

It was fun for about 2 hours. Now we get to sit and wait for Legion just like we were last week.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Can't come close to the LK one with the ghoul invasion

I mean, the Legion event basically combined every single expansion's event into one and topped it all off with amazing cinematics. It's hard for it not to be the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Can't come close to the LK one with the ghoul invasion
    Dark Whispers are literally Ghoul Invasion but less annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatron View Post
    Its the best for anyone that didnt get to experience the gate and the massive collection quest. That was epic. the whining alone was worth it.
    By gate you mean Ahn'qiraj? That wasn't a pre-expansion event, so no idea why you're even bringing it up.

Deleted
    This pre expansion event have (sadly) more content than the only content patch of WoD (6.2) :P

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The cinematics are gut wrenching and awesome but invasion event is just meh. Just a massive cluster f*** of people killing stuff

I'm loving all the pvp coming out of it even if it's a lot of tanks face rolling everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Havnt seen anything as Good before. Launch event for naxx patch in vanilla perhaps, AQ opening was also awsome- but beside from that, and taking it as a pre expansion event , then yes- it is the best absolutely love the invasions

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatron View Post
    Its the best for anyone that didnt get to experience the gate and the massive collection quest. That was epic. the whining alone was worth it.
    War of the Shifting Sands was damn epic, even if collecting hundreds of thousands of bandages, food etc seemed like a stupid idea at first. Lag in Silithus after the gong was rung was pretty epic as well.

But, I like this one a lot as well. WoltK ghoul thing was probably better (and more annoying) than the whispers thing, but I like the invasions more than the previous world pve stuff and broken shore and the DH starting zone work well and are not too long.

I'm looking forward to Legion ... positively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    By gate you mean Ahn'qiraj? That wasn't a pre-expansion event, so no idea why you're even bringing it up.
    It's amusing that a content patch event beats nearly all pre-expansion events, eh?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

I also think this is well made, except the server lag. This is always going to kill fun, but hey... let's see if they improve.

It's really cool right now to fight back the demons in the invasion scenarios but i fear if one has all gear buyable with nether shards, the magic starts to decrease - and that's fine, as it is "only" a pre event for the new addon!

I realize its not in game per say, but we havent even mentioned Harbingers and the comics and audio drama which are all pretty awesome for Lore Lovers like me.

The phasing imbalance on pvp server makes this a non participation event. Basically me and 10 alliance get to hover above the 50 horde while they do the invasion for us.

Fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have slaughtered hundreds of Horde since the event started and it doesn't get old. I haven't had this much fun since Timeless Isle.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    I've logged in last night, did Broken Shore, a demon invasion, then logged off.

Broken Shore was good I guess, except for the character writing which is abysmal (cliche sylvanas + cliche thrall + cliche wrynn + cliche whatever other boring characters)

The demon invasion was... Well not boring, but not engaging in any way. I will do more invasions mainly for transmogs but I'll be sure to have some podcast or something interesting on the background while doing them.

Though I want to see how the dreadlord whispers thing was done, hopefully that is more fun.

hmm, it's fun, first time around, but after just 1 invasion I'm already done with them. There is no fun in running around mindlessly, hoping to get a hit in on a demon that dies in 1 second because 20 other people are doing the same. The only reason I continu is because I want the stuff that you can buy for shards. Which means that I fly from rare to rare during the invasions to get as much extra shards as possible, completely ignoring the buildings and stuff, and hoping I get there before they are killed.

The whispers... don't know. I got the debuff once, tried to whisper someone else, got killed in 2 seconds (all my usual bars/spells were replaced with a few useless things, so fighting back was impossible (is that an UI problem? I can't imagine it's supposed to be like that)), debuff was gone and no one else whispered me ever again. So not seeing the fun in that yet.

I was able to buy the felbat after 3 invasions, so that was cool. Now just farming for the weapons and shards. Farming. As usual.

Not sure what's supposed to be so big, the event looks pretty standard-sized to me, you'd have seen all there is to see in an evening.

Nothing wrong with the event not being particularly big, but the thread is surprising...

(Added: ah, just looked at who the OP is. Makes sense then. When WoW gets actually good, you'll know that because the OP will start calling for attention with "this sucks" -- instead of "this is great", like he's been doing for the entirety of WoD and like he's doing now.)
    Last edited by rda; 2016-08-11 at 07:52 AM.