Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    We follow Sylvanas now because of a vision, in the past the warchief was either the strongest or the one that unite the races the best under a banner.
    Sylvanas is now warchief because of a vision of a dying guy and we see all characters go "for the Horde"? what a joke this is.

Ya it is bullshit and I'm not talking a Tauren out house ether, should of picked me.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We follow Sylvanas now because of a vision, in the past the warchief was either the strongest or the one that unite the races the best under a banner.
    Sylvanas is now warchief because of a vision of a dying guy and we see all characters go "for the Horde"? what a joke this is.
    Shes the only reason you can still shout "for the horde' if you wanted you could have asked her to leave you behind .
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Shes the only reason you can still shout "for the horde' if you wanted you could have asked her to leave you behind .
    You mean "for the forsaken" right? Horde is dead since Sylvanas is the one character that has non of the Horde values in her.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

You'd rather he suddently went "fuck the spirits"? Yeah, that would make a -lot- of sense historically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You'd rather he suddently went "fuck the spirits"? Yeah, that would make a -lot- of sense historically.
    Not him he is dying he might be tripping on the pain for all we know.
    All the other leaders should be like hmm wtf is he saying now.

Sylvanas is the most qualified to lead an army. She is the last Ranger General of Silvermoon, which is basically the top taking in the Quel'dorei arm. She was able to look at the battle field and quickly judge that the fight is a loss and they needed to pull back. Also where was Thrall when is oldest friend was dying?

The Alliance was up against every powerful demon enemy we've faced in the past. Jaraxxus, Brutallus, Tichondrius, they were all there. The Horde was just up against some random no-name demons and Vol'jin literally got bitch stabbed by some bitch ass no-name Felguard that was right in front of his face.

How the fuck did Vol'jin die from that anyway? He got stabbed exactly once. What a weak ass bitch. Varian got stabbed multiple times and still Gul'dan had to finish him off personally.

Also, what the fuck happened to "Victory or death"? I guess that means "Victory or death until we decide to run away"
    But seriously how did Vol'jin die from ONE STAB WOUND. He's a troll, aren't trolls supposed to be super fucking durable? Can't they regrow limbs and shit?

I have to keep stressing this because after watching that Horde cinematic again my mind is literally blown.

Also how did Thrall get bitch smacked to the ground. Lol this is fucking ridiculous

Deleted

Also, what the fuck happened to "Victory or death"? I guess that means "Victory or death until we decide to run away"
    Victory or death applies to wars, not battles. If you expect one of the most powerful armies on azeroth to run into their doom, if so are the odds, just because "they never retreat", you should stay with Varian and die with him.

Have you played the Horde Broken Shore scenario? We get a lot more demons than alliance. Justy saying.
    I've never seen Jaraxus and others actually moving and fighting alliance there. They only stood and looked at you. So no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the time Jaina was put in charge of the Kirin Tor because Vereesa found a poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Reminds me of the time Jaina was put in charge of the Kirin Tor because Vereesa found a poem.
    We all know how that turned out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if sylvanas isnt real and she is just creation of our delusional minds ?
    a creation of *Arthas. therefore of Kil'Jaeden and the Burning Legion in general. Also we shall not forget that she is an Elf in the first place, those fuckers who rallied Azshara when she allied with Sargeras ages ago causing the first war and the source of all troubles on Azertoh.

plot twist? or am I going too far?

but da loa mon.

amazing storytelling. 10/10

But seriously how did Vol'jin die from ONE STAB WOUND. He's a troll, aren't trolls supposed to be super fucking durable? Can't they regrow limbs and shit?
    It is quite ridiculous how just "lulz, fel" is just used as a catch-all "this is the worst thing ever" since Chronicle came out. Vol'jin was nearly assassinated with a blade coated in poison specifically to stop the regeneration process of Trolls and survived. But he gets poked with a Felguard's spear and just stands no chance. Chosen one of the Loa all right.

Another character's story thrown away for Sylvanas fanwank. And now we see Blizzard's strategy of having nearly every non-Human race have only one important character blow up in their face. Who the hell is even left to lead the Darkspear? Rokhan? lol. I didn't particularly care about Vol'jin one way or another, but he sure as hell didn't deserve to be sacrificed so Sylvanas can continue being 2edgy4me and continue her unabated rises in power due to her fanboys.

Sylvanas should have died with her revenge assured (and when she was still a good, interesting character) against Arthas in Wrath and more screen time should have been given to develop other Forsaken heroes. Or...any time at all should have been given. Since there seems to be literally nobody else important in the Forsaken's forces. Even Nathanos is just moping around being emo about Sylvanas because she never gave it up to him in life.

Mekkatorque falls in the same boat. But at least his story can still be developed. Gallywix is already a nobody who they've clearly given up on trying to pretend is important (Sassy Hardwrench should have been made Trade Princess imo). You could even argue the same with Genn, although personally I really like Lorna Crowley so I'd be ok with him biting it if she took over (Also having a non-Worgen lead the Gilneans would be cool imo).

tl;dr: Blizzard needs to just fucking stop with the heaping of the story on usually only one member of a particular race or faction, because when their story goes on for far too long than it should have (Sylvanas) or they died before anything else was established for other characters (Vol'jin), then that race seems like nothing is really going for it narratively.

And its not. Who even gives a shit about the Darkspear anymore. Vol'jin was a boring character who accomplished virtually nothing up through and to his death. And its dragging the entire Troll faction down with him. Which is a shame. Lor'themar was in the same boat, but 5.1 and 5.2 really developed him into a fascinating character imo. And I was desperately hoping they'd do the same for Vol'jin and Baine. And now one is dead and the other is going to be afk for another expansion.

Also, to trigger the SDF, Lor'themar would have been a far superior choice for Warchief had the Word of God not laughingly declared her so. He has just as much experience leading, is a better politician than she is, and the other leaders don't actually hate and mistrust him.

Also him spurning Sylvanas to her face in War Crimes, when she tries to reestablish their "partnership" she ruined by brute-forcing the Blood Elves into helping her sail on Northrend, was fantastic. Another win for the Regent Lord.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-11 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted

He had a vision and many will not understand, duh.

Also Sylvanas is better than all of them.

Baine is the WC the Horde deserves but Sylvanas is WC the Horde needs right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    Sylvanas is just the perfect example of modern day feminism. "We need a strong female leader, to show that we appreciate both genders". Don't believe me, just look at some of the latest movies, star wars main female lead, complete mary sue didn't need help from males, Ghostbusters, turned cast into females for no reason other than female impowerment. Sylvanas being covered up was not an artistic decision, it was made because blizzard wanted feminists to be happy. Next we'll find out Anduin Wrynn is trans.
    You seem salty that a woman is WC.

"Da spirits have been whispering to me. Many will not unda'stand. Your plot-bikini is too large so you will become warchief to please your horny fanbase."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    You seem salty that a woman is WC.
    Sylvanas has that special talent to make people go full retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I am glad Slyvanas is WC. This community doesn't know what it wants. Piss and moan about Garry being promoted. Then piss and moan when Blizz demoted Garry. Piss and moan about Vol'jin being WC at the end of SoO. Now its Queen of the Undead, "omg run, totally ruined warcraft!"

Baine barely survive Broken Shore.

Blood Elf leader is who again? What impact has he EVER done since Blood Elf's joined the Horde?

Saurfang is a warrior and a General, he is not the one to sit around while others go into battle for him.

That leaves Green Jesus. Oh boy the community would have another fit if he was put back in that position.

I am glad Slyvanas is WC. This community doesn't know what it wants. Piss and moan about Garry being promoted. Then piss and moan when Blizz demoted Garry. Piss and moan about Vol'jin being WC at the end of SoO. Now its Queen of the Undead, "omg run, totally ruined warcraft!"
    You're leaving out basically all the context.

Some people were annoyed with Garrosh because narratively he wasn't being consistent. In one hand he'd be killing a general who went too far in his willingness to kill his enemies, in another he's talking about genociding the Night Elves. In one hand he's commanding Sylvanas not to use the Plague in Silverpine, and in another he's fine with nuking an entire city in Theramore or trying to obtain a Sha Weapon of Mass Destruction to annihilate Azeroth. Yes, you can say he got more and more desperate and power hungry, but that arc was not shown at all. It was just one thing, and then another.

I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I think people were upset with Warchief Vol'jin because he...didn't do anything. The expansion right after he becomes Warchief he does jack shit but talk about how great your Garrison is.

Baine has never been developed, which is a shame.

Lor'themar had an entire arc in Mists of Pandaria where he solidified himself as just a competent leader as any other faction leader, and an even better politician than most of them. Which is capped off in War Crimes by spurning Sylvanas, a person whose faction he once needed to simply survive. And now the Blood Elves are thriving so well under his leadership, that it isn't needed anymore. Hell, he all but directly says, "Whelp I might as well be Warchief" after the Divine Bell and Purge of Dalaran craziness.

Saurfang is basically a wiser Garrosh, so the argument that he couldn't or shouldn't be Warchief is crazy. In fact, most people seem to either say Lor'themar or Saurfang when asked "If not Sylvanas, then who?" Garrosh was Warchief and was fighting on the front lines, why can't Saurfang do that?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-11 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How are any of them good leaders?
    All they ever do is just stand there.
    I really liked the Dominance offensive dailies in Krasarang for developing the faction leader stories.

Blood Elf leader is who again? What impact has he EVER done since Blood Elf's joined the Horde?
    Lor'themar did a lot in Mists of Pandaria, but like most leaders didn't get to do anything in Warlords.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-08-11 at 08:52 AM.

genociding is now a word :/