Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Any DH having success getting into pugs?

Hey demon hunters,

I strictly pug and I'm trying to gear my druid. It feels like 80% of groups don't want DHs. Same goes for mythic dungeons. Any DHs having success getting into pugs? I also feel this will get worse in legion.

You have to remember there's a huge influx of DH right now, it'll calm down eventually - look at Monks, least played class, and DH has a very similar playstyle as MoP Monk. It'll get better, you just have to set yourself apart from the crowd by actually being good, and having better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I joined a Kaz run last night on mine, there were so many in the group..

I got declined for every kazz run I wanted to enter, even being 705 for Kazz. It's just due to the massive amount of DH's that will be out for a while. I remember when DK's came out, every group I joined for so long was just DK's and a healer.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Well, it also seems like >80% of groups don't want anyone with less than iLevel 740 in order to do content that drops 685 gear lol.

Don't be discouraged, I think DHs are going to be fine. People are just generally greedy bigoted anti-social bastards. Just keep trying until you find some people who are actually nice.

You can also use OpenRaid and similar sites to search for low-requirement more-casual scheduled groups.

Or just START YOUR OWN GROUP!

Also the near universality of Personal Loot means nobody really should care if you have 15 of one class.
    Last edited by PixelFox; 2016-08-10 at 06:16 PM.

My DH is only at 709 item level atm, but I've been top on the charts in pretty much everything I've done so far. Mythic dungeons, heroic dungeons, invasions, tanaan, kazzak and LFR. Only really get beat by people in actual raid gear, especially if they have the ring. Been stacking as much crit as I can, invasion gear seems poorly optimized for havoc but I've still managed to get 43%. Consistantly pulling almost 80-100k on kazzak depending on how long he stays alive. I've had a great experience with it so far, haven't been declined for anything at all, but I haven't done any actual raiding with it. I'm sure if I tried joining a normal or heroic HFC group I'd get declined.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey demon hunters,

I strictly pug and I'm trying to gear my druid. It feels like 80% of groups don't want DHs. Same goes for mythic dungeons. Any DHs having success getting into pugs? I also feel this will get worse in legion.

PuGs don't want DH's because DH are at a massive disadvantage:

1- No tier set bonuses.

2- No OP class trinkets from HFC.

3- No broken OP ilv795 legendary ring

4- Only two talent rows to shape your gameplay, essentially handicapping your output.

You simply don't have the massive scaling factors from OP HFC gear to scale your performance up to par with those of other geared classes.

Some of my guild mates said they didn't want another DH in their mythic dungeon group last night. Stating they had two already. That soured me a little. I can understand PUGS but that will bother me for a bit my guild mate did that.

Deleted
    I pugged 8/8 mythic 5 mans and kazzak yesterday no problem, helped having 703 ilvl as i farmed the pvp gear prior to the DH being available i spose.

There was literally 32 dh's in the kazzak group not long after servers came up!
    Last edited by mmoce75230d0c6; 2016-08-11 at 03:57 AM.

DH's don't know what they are doing yet. So tanking pretty much sucks. I was primarily a healer during Wrath. I HATED DK tanks, they sucked. In time, DH will be awesome, however DH's right now very like 99% of the time are a huge drag on the group.

It's funny. I have no problem finding groups on my 700 hunter or 707 mage or warlock, no ring, no trinket, no tier, no nothing. No problem at all. HFC HC especially (I'm extremely unlucky hence why despite running HFC HC all the time I never get any loot). The reason people don't want DH isn't because of their ilevel or tier sets. It's because there's 1000000000000000 of them and most of them probably can't bring the DPS. But more importantly, they're melee. As a raid lead I'd never stack a melee class unless it was to cheese some mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    PuGs don't want DH's because DH are at a massive disadvantage:

1- No tier set bonuses.

2- No OP class trinkets from HFC.

3- No broken OP ilv795 legendary ring

4- Only two talent rows to shape your gameplay, essentially handicapping your output.

You simply don't have the massive scaling factors from OP HFC gear to scale your performance up to par with those of other geared classes.
    Just because something is strong does not make it OP.

Most people are unskilled at them currently...add to the fact they are likely not geared very much...at this point in the expansion, noone wants to carry you for gear.

Sadly, that is the way it is. I am a healer, if i join a group and there is more than 1 in a 5 man group, I leave. Not worth the time. MOST of them suck, stand in shit and don't know the class yet. I am not going to work harder so you can get carried. get some gear, learn the class, maybe next week I will group with them, until then..not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its because they only have two talents. idk about havoc, but this GREATLY impacts vengeance. They are currently the weakest tanks, and when jumping from my port war to my dh I can feel the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey demon hunters,

I wouldn't have rolled the class unless I had a 100% guaranteed spot in guild to play it, personally.

I honestly doubt it will get worse that it is right now in Legion though, a lot of the day 1 DH's are just people desperate for new content. A fair percentage of them will be back to their mains come launch.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Well, it also seems like >80% of groups don't want anyone with less than iLevel 740 in order to do content that drops 685 gear lol.
    Yeah, I think this is closer to the problem. Additionally, they see that you're playing a class that has been out for a whole 30 hours and unless you played the Beta (which you most likely didn't) you can't possibly have a very firm grasp of how it's being played yet.

I don't think it's an aversion to DHs in general, just low iLVL and people trying out new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see soo many DH requests to join my mythic dungeon pugs. I've ran the past 5-6 dungeons with 4 DHs in the group, trying to be nice :3
    Hi

problem is people are used to zooming through mythics with 720+ ilvl, despite them being perfectly doable at 680.

my dh at 701 has been able to quite easily tank them, but i have had the practice of tanking mythic+10 on beta so i learned quite quick that infernal strike to kite the more "ouchie" packs is a very nice way to avoid a lot of damage for a bit.

but people's groups are people's groups. if they don't want any demon hunters, so be it. starting your own group is pretty easy, just gotta wait for the rare healers to apply

oh, also ironically i haven't had a single DH apply to any of my mythic groups yet D: maybe they all hate me

Deleted
    I was able to join one after A LOT of time. I decided to create my own group after that... There were like 5 DHs popping every second asking to join... I felt like a hypocrite when I rejected them, but can't really run 5x dps...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Most people are unskilled at them currently...add to the fact they are likely not geared very much...at this point in the expansion, noone wants to carry you for gear.

Sadly, that is the way it is. I am a healer, if i join a group and there is more than 1 in a 5 man group, I leave. Not worth the time. MOST of them suck, stand in shit and don't know the class yet. I am not going to work harder so you can get carried. get some gear, learn the class, maybe next week I will group with them, until then..not happening.
    Does anyone else think this sounds stupid?
    Get some gear and then we will eventually group with you...

And how will the DHs get some gear AND experience if everyone would think that way?