7+ Year Old Account
    Trump reminds me of the guy in this video
    http://youtu.be/vZQJFbrqjUY
    But serious.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    He wakes up trying to figure out what he has to say to be disqualified. He is terrified of actually having to be president
    is he? i really cant tell at this point if he is utter incompetent and cant keep his mouth shut, or that he is desperate to drop out and not be a president, so he tanks his possibility
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    is he? i really cant tell at this point if he is utter incompetent and cant keep his mouth shut, or that he is desperate to drop out and not be a president, so he tanks his possibility
    I think he is just addicted to attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    A great article from The Washington Post about when Trump was under oath in a lawsuit and the lies he was caught in. Here's an excerpt:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...mepage%2Fstory
    If this is how he measures wealth, then the presidential run he is going through right now, must have made him a trillionair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I think he is just addicted to attention.
    He is building up his brand. He won when he got the nomination and pretty much guarantees none stop publicity for months, if not years. They need to release some presidential edition of Aprentice on bluray.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/us...imes&smtyp=cur

"Obama is the founder of ISIS".
    "The co-founder of ISIS is Hillary Clinton."

I swear, Trump wakes up every morning and asks himself how he can out-do his previous ridiculous statements. And he is successful every time, impressive!
    This was the best part:

Mr. Trump also found himself in an awkward camera framing immediately after criticizing the Clinton campaign for the appearance of Seddique Mir Mateen, the father of the Pulse gunman, at Mrs. Clinton’s campaign event this week. “Wasn’t it terrible when the father of the animal that killed these wonderful people in Orlando was sitting with a big smile on his face right behind Hillary Clinton?” Mr. Trump said.

Yet sitting behind Mr. Trump was Mark Foley, a former Republican congressman who resigned after being confronted with sexually explicit messages he had sent to underage congressional pages. Mr. Trump seemed not to be aware of the disgraced former congressman’s presence as he tried to cast doubt on the Clinton campaign’s account that it had not known who Mr. Mateen was. “When you get those seats, you sort of know the campaign,” Mr. Trump said.
    Hillerious...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I don't know if he's desperate drop out. I think he'd be perfectly happy if he is disqualified by the voters and it reflects in the election results. He'd get to play the martyr and stay where he is most comfortable; in the news, making shit up, and not having to be accountable for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely anecdotal, but a friend of mine swears that Trump acts like her father did in the early stages of his dementia (though with a lot more cameras, obviously).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I swear, Trump wakes up every morning and asks himself how he can out-do his previous ridiculous statements. And he is successful every time, impressive!
    Man I am curious how he can top that statement. Right now that ranks #1 of his long list of crazy claims.

The sad part: I doubt he really means it and simply tries to rile up his audience. I almost feel sorry for anyone who takes him seriously.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    "SKIPT OT 23:00 MINUTES TO WATCH THIS BEAUTIFUL DOWN TO EARTH TRUMP SPEECH!"

It's as if the campaign team finally acknowledges that all other speeches so far by Trump have been disillusioned shitfests.

Watching the beginning of the speech though and Trump is doing very well... calm, humble but very clear that he will fix things. He almost comes off as sweet when he retells meeting old miners.
    And then he ruined it all with his rally in Florida

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And he hits another one. Elapsed time: 13 hours.
    Nothing wrong with that. Obama DID facilitate the rise of ISIS. Had he not pulled all of our troops out of Iraq, and had he not shrugged his shoulders when Asaad crossed his red line, ISIS never would have been a thing. Sure, he didnt specifically build ISIS, but his action created the conditions for them to exist

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He won't get the days changed.

But...he wants to pick the moderators? How is he not viewed as a cringing coward?
    Personally I dont think there should even be moderators for the debates as they are always biased to one side or the other. I think the should do debates like they used to do, like the Lincoln/Douglas debates

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. Obama DID facilitate the rise of ISIS. Had he not pulled all of our troops out of Iraq, and had he not shrugged his shoulders when Asaad crossed his red line, ISIS never would have been a thing. Sure, he didnt specifically build ISIS, but his action created the conditions for them to exist
    And another hatemongering creature to add to my ignore list...

You can't say shit like Dump says right after following a comment about letting 2nd ammendment people shoot Hillary. How the hell can you support somebody making jokes about shooting presidential candidates and stating bullshit like he "founded ISIS"!?! You KNOW that's bullshit! Then he says Hillary is the "co-founder" cuz she voted for it!?! If you believe that, does that make Dump's VP pic also a "Co-Founder" since he voted for Iraq as well?

What also gets me is that Donald Dump says this right AFTER he just got interrogated by the Secret Service. Does this guy want to go to friggin' prison or something!?

10+ Year Old Account

The American people are officially desensitized to Donald Trump. If any other Presidential nominee had said this during the 2008 or 2012 election, they'd be immediately disqualified.

I mean Jesus Christ. Remember when Romney caught shit for saying he had "binders full of women". Well here's ole Donny boy, saying the commander in chief is actually the founder of a group that decapitates people for a living.

How in the fuck have we allowed this to happen? I honestly believe the 2016 election will make a great movie some day. Social scientists will be studying this shit for years to come.
    Eat yo vegetables

Let's just conveniently ignore the people who started the war in Iraq.

But but... Obummer!!!

Deleted
    Brilliant article by Tom Friedman on the dangers of Trump's "Second Amendment" death threat:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Friedman
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin got assassinated.

His right-wing opponents just kept delegitimizing him as a “traitor” and “a Nazi” for wanting to make peace with the Palestinians and give back part of the Land of Israel. Of course, all is fair in politics, right? And they had God on their side, right? They weren’t actually telling anyone to assassinate Rabin. That would be horrible.

But there are always people down the line who don’t hear the caveats. They just hear the big message: The man is illegitimate, the man is a threat to the nation, the man is the equivalent of a Nazi war criminal. Well, you know what we do with people like that, don’t you? We kill them.

And that’s what the Jewish extremist Yigal Amir did to Rabin. Why not? He thought he had permission from a whole segment of Israel’s political class....
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/op...ople.html?_r=1

As for leaving Iraq or 'Announcing a leaving date', all that was decided by George W. Bush and we had a written agreement to leave on that very date.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I dont think there should even be moderators for the debates as they are always biased to one side or the other. I think the should do debates like they used to do, like the Lincoln/Douglas debates
    If we follow that train of thought it was Dubya that started down that path with the invasion of Iraq. But hey, feel free to spin the facts to suit your fucked up version of reality. "It wasn't the invading and 20 years of chaos we caused that spawned ISIS, it was our withdrawl!" I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The American people are officially desensitized to Donald Trump. If any other Presidential nominee had said this during the 2008 or 2012 election, they'd be immediately disqualified.

I mean Jesus Christ. Remember when Romney caught shit for saying he had "binders full of women". Well here's ole Donny boy, saying the commander in chief is actually the founder of a group that decapitates people for a living.

How in the fuck have we allowed this to happen? I honestly believe the 2016 election will make a great movie some day. Social scientists will be studying this shit for years to come.
    Oh there is a lot of material to study. Like how the democrats shunned one of their candidates in the party and then people blindly ignored it. The anxiety and paranoia of the left manifesting itself from imaginary conclusions drawn from Donald Trump speeches.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-08-11 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Trump's comments about McCain, Khan, his draft dodging and being pressured to give veterans the donation he glorified when skipping a debate, it would only make sense for Trump to argue that our troops needed to be in Iraq longer. Trump needs more people to insult and veterans being attacked for their service is right up Trump's alley... I'm just glad Trump's foot and education, that gave him all the best words, didn't keep him from running for office, as it did from being drafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with that. Obama DID facilitate the rise of ISIS. Had he not pulled all of our troops out of Iraq, and had he not shrugged his shoulders when Asaad crossed his red line, ISIS never would have been a thing. Sure, he didnt specifically build ISIS, but --
    Then he didn't fucking FOUND ISIS, did he? Another "what he meant to say" attempted defense failure.

Oh, and here's another opinion piece by a conservative author saying Trump (and, well, almost everyone else also, including Clinton and Biden) is basically lying to pander to gun nuts. Again, nothing new here, lots of politicians pander to lots of audiences. Just find it interesting that yet another conservative is warning people about Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/opinio...upp/index.html
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-08-11 at 12:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Let's just conveniently ignore the people who started the war in Iraq.

But but... Obummer!!!
    Trump hasn't. He was opposed to invading Iraq from the start and has been harsh on Bush too. Obama does not deserve all the blame for the rise of ISIS, but he does share in it. And Hillary by the US intervention in Libya, also shares some blame. This is what Trump means and I agree. The liberal media tries to twist his statements to mean things beyond what he meant and some on here fall into the same trap of misconception.