Champion of the Naaru?

So I checked my titles today and noticed I didn't have Champion of the Naaru. I was a bit baffled because if I remember correctly, Champion of the Naaru was awarded to those who completed the Tempest Keep attunement quest chain.(Trial of Magheridon etc). The thing is, that I am a Hand of A'dal already(I did the Vials of Eternity where Kael's vial is a thing) where entry to TK is required. I sent in a ticket and a GM responded that "Well, maybe you didn't complete it." Confusing the hell out of me.

Does anyone have better memory than me and know if it is actually possible to have Hand of A'dal without Champion of the Naaru? I'm wondering if the game just bugged out when merging into battle.net or something.

You can have Hand of Adal without Champ of the Naaru. Once they removed the need for attunements you could skip into the Hand of Adal questline. It was one of the ways people would try to knock people down a peg if they skipped the lower end title.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    I sent in a ticket and a GM responded that "Well, maybe you didn't complete it." Confusing the hell out of me.
    Don't let them give you that crap. Keep the ticket open and ask nicely that they check the associated quest completion status. If it shows that you've completed that quest line, you may be able to get it given to you. I, myself, got this title restored in late 2015 (after having the same realization as you) once I had a GM check my quest completion status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You can have Hand of Adal without Champ of the Naaru. Once they removed the need for attunements you could skip into the Hand of Adal questline. It was one of the ways people would try to knock people down a peg if they skipped the lower end title.
    Hm, well I killed Maggy on Tue Aug 28, 2007. I did this content for Champ of the Naaru way before the removal of attunements so I dunno. I then proceeded to get Hand of A'dal on Sun Mar 09, 2008 with the Kael kill.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Don't let them give you that crap. Keep the ticket open and ask nicely that they check the associated quest completion status. If it shows that you've completed that quest line, you may be able to get it given to you. I, myself, got this title restored in late 2015 (after having the same realization as you) once I had a GM check my quest completion status.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2016-08-11 at 08:15 AM.