Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Story wise i am totally lost with Legion

Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

So if anyone knows i would really like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

It's all from our dimension, except Gul'dan.

Deleted

There is only 1 Burning Legion.

The only thing not from our time/spaceline is Gul'dan.

Our Illidan.

There is only one Burning Legion (transcends all realities and that crap)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan is another gul'dan the one who died still existed and died ...
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Basically as stated above, the Burning Legion transcendes all realities, and in this whole story arch of Legion, the only thing not belonging to the "main universe" is Gul'dan.

7+ Year Old Account
    this ilidan is our illidan... >_>
    the burning legion transcends all realities... there ya go

Burning legion>Multiverse
    Guldan=alternate
    Illidan=current
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    It is quite simple; We are back in our dimension, the only thing from alternate dimension are Gul'dan and our memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with all the above. However..

There is one throwaway line during the Broken Shore event. When a character, I don't recall who, mentions "this is not the same Legion". This could have another meaning of course, but I think they threw in that line for one specific reason and that might be that if you want to believe that it's an alternate universe Legion which is invading our Azeroth, you're free to do so. It's not accurate, but unless you have specifically taken part of Blizzard employee's twitter, audio dramas and books, that is pretty much the logical conclusion to draw.

Sort of like agent Phil Coulson in the Marvel Cinematic universe, where believing he is either dead or alive are both sort of canon. If you've only watched the movies, there is no reason to think he's alive. But if you've watched the dreadful TV-show, you know he is.
    Last edited by Wries; 2016-08-11 at 10:54 AM. Reason: I'm switching one word to sort of avoid confusion from those who don't finish reading the post before replying :o)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

There is one throwaway line during the Broken Shore event. When a character, I don't recall who, mentions "this is not the same Legion". This could have another meaning of course, but I think they threw in that line for one specific reason and that might be that if you want to believe that it's the alternate universe Legion which is invading our Azeroth, you're free to do so. It's not accurate, but unless you have specifically taken part of Blizzard employee's twitter, audio dramas and books, that is pretty much the logical conclusion to draw.

Sort of like agent Phil Coulson in the Marvel Cinematic universe, where believing he is either dead or alive are both sort of canon. If you've only watched the movies, there is no reason to think he's alive. But if you've watched the dreadful TV-show, you know he is.
    it is... because that archimonde is the same archimonde, and this kiljaden that is talking to alternate guldan, also was talking to our guldan, he says "this is not the same legion" because this legion is the full force, what we saw before was the scouting force, this is the full on invasion fleet

Deleted

There is one throwaway line during the Broken Shore event. When a character, I don't recall who, mentions "this is not the same Legion". This could have another meaning of course, but I think they threw in that line for one specific reason and that might be that if you want to believe that it's the alternate universe Legion which is invading our Azeroth, you're free to do so. It's not accurate, but unless you have specifically taken part of Blizzard employee's twitter, audio dramas and books, that is pretty much the logical conclusion to draw.

There is no alternate universe legion. Its the same Legion. As people said they transcend all that stuff.

Don't worry, there's a good reason you're lost. Blizzard doesn't write their lore in the normal logical way. It is always an afterthought.
    The only reason to get lost in this is to either not care about lore or not follow lore. Its all out there making sense. The whole Dreanor thing could have been handled differently. Not because it was wrong, but because a lot of people refuse to understand it, and it fuels many a trolls flamepost.

So Vol'jins "This not be da same legion" was basically just a red herring?

I didn't actually remember that legion likes to reality hop as well...

Ah, guy above just mentioned this quote. It's Vol'jin, just after they wonder how quicky they spread.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it is... because that archimonde is the same archimonde, and this kiljaden that is talking to alternate guldan, also was talking to our guldan, he says "this is not the same legion" because this legion is the full force, what we saw before was the scouting force, this is the full on invasion fleet
    Again your first sentence is all about what has been explained outside of the game (thus far). Your second sentence is your interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    There is no alternate universe legion. Its the same Legion. As people said they transcend all that stuff.
    Re-read my post as that was not my point. That there only is one legion is totally canon, but not throughly explained in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    So Vol'jins "This not be da same legion" was basically just a red herring?

I didn't actually remember that legion likes to reality hop as well...

Ah, guy above just mentioned this quote. It's Vol'jin, just after they wonder how quicky they spread.
    I took that as "this is much more than we have faced before"

7+ Year Old Account
    Again your first sentence is all about what has been explained outside of the game (thus far). Your second sentence is your interpretation.

Re-read my post as that was not my point. That there only is one legion is totally canon, but not throughly explained in-game.
    and? most of the lore is explained outside of the game, because the people playing the game not for lore dont wanna have to have everything explained to them, well those who do will read

also we learn in the broken shore because notice what 2 demons are missing at the broken shore there? archimonde (killjaden is busy) and mannoroth... 2 demons who died in wod...

and guess who is there? the dreadlord you kill in tannan jungle, the predator one?

Deleted
    There is one throwaway line during the Broken Shore event. When a character, I don't recall who, mentions "this is not the same Legion"
    Seriously? It isn't the same Legion they fought before. Because they've never seen the full might of the Legion. They had little skirmished from small vanguards. This is the actual proper Legion invading now.

Why do we have to take everything a character says literally?

Deleted
    And what about azeroth? there is only one or there are other azeroths out there? are we gonna meet other dimension´s vol´jins and varyans? other sylvanas?
    This multi dimensional stories never end well, they are always full of contradictions, like for example if gul´dan is such a good agent of chaos, why they only use one of them at a time to invade us?

Deleted
    And what about azeroth? there is only one or there are other azeroths out there? are we gonna meet other dimension´s vol´jins and varyans? other sylvanas?
    This multi dimensional stories never end well, they are always full of contradictions, like for example if gul´dan is such a good agent of chaos, why they only use one of them at a time to invade us?
    Just stop thinking about it. Right now we just have our Azeroth + Gul'dan from somewhere else.

I think blizzard learned that its fans cant handle this thing, so i doubt we will see more of this kind of stuff

Deleted
    This AU Gul'dan hates any mention of the MU one. I'm sure two Gul'dans in one room would end in disaster. That said, multiversing a perfectly fine story is always a bad idea. And there are more Azeroths, but our one is apperently special.

It could be that the MU is truly the MAIN one. Any other is just the result of bronze tampering or somthing so while there are infinite possibilities, there are only as many universes as the bronze and infinite created. Or Aman'thul or was it Ra who gave the time power to proto Nozdormu?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Just stop thinking about it. Right now we just have our Azeroth + Gul'dan from somewhere else.

I think blizzard learned that its fans cant handle this thing, so i doubt we will see more of this kind of stuff
    Yeah i do think fans can handle it, but the story has to be solid and contradictions free, i think it is more like it is blizzard who can´t handle it, you have to be a very good storyteller to make one of this multidimensional stories work.
    Same happens with time travel stories, not anyone is capable of making them work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    . That said, multiversing a perfectly fine story is always a bad idea. And there are more Azeroths, but our one is apperently special.
    I think it is because of the titan dormant in azeroth´s core (our azeroth).
    I guess we must be the only azeroth with one titan in it , because i get that if Sargeras is unique, all the titans must be unique as well