Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korzul View Post
    A bit random but can someone with American forum access propose adding the "your maximum energy is increased by 30" from MoM to SoTF as well, with a slight change.
    "Increases you maximum energy to 130"
    E.g, they'd both have the same non stacking secondary effect.

Soul game play feels somewhat smooth from a pvp perspective and this would somewhat alleviate the energy wastage.

Might help people shift away from Incarn gameplay too, which has been binary and boring as hell.
    If you are meaning for someone that has beta and can post on the american forums, I wish I could help, but I didn't get a beta invite this go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but has SR/JW been tested on beta at 110 with appropriate gear? I know sims says it's the optimal combo and that's what I keep seeing people say. It feels so clunky with the gear I have right now and was just wondering if it's been proven to get smoother at 110.
    Yesterday I tested first 6 bosses of emerald nightmare normal on a feral with good gear(50% crit), running bt/sr and the dotcrits->combopoints legendary and it actually felt really strong. Naturally I was struggling with high-ms beta issues(things like getting out of form from trying to use healing touch and using it twice instead, pretty terribad), but feral actually felt very solid, preformence compared to other classes and gameplay alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but has SR/JW been tested on beta at 110 with appropriate gear? I know sims says it's the optimal combo and that's what I keep seeing people say. It feels so clunky with the gear I have right now and was just wondering if it's been proven to get smoother at 110.
    It depends on item level not character level. I believe around 875 it begins to get manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    Yesterday I tested first 6 bosses of emerald nightmare normal on a feral with good gear(50% crit), running bt/sr and the dotcrits->combopoints legendary and it actually felt really strong. Naturally I was struggling with high-ms beta issues(things like getting out of form from trying to use healing touch and using it twice instead, pretty terribad), but feral actually felt very solid, preformence compared to other classes and gameplay alike.
    Right now Feral is strong on single target and weak on everything else. Unfortunately the past 7 years of patches has shown that single target will get tuned very closely. Typically Ferals make the mistake of saying nothing hoping the single target will get left alone which is never the case.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    It depends on item level not character level. I believe around 875 it begins to get manageable.

Right now Feral is strong on single target and weak on everything else. Unfortunately the past 7 years of patches has shown that single target will get tuned very closely. Typically Ferals make the mistake of saying nothing hoping the single target will get left alone which is never the case.
    In Dragons/Cenarius felt very good as well... maybe it's because of the legendary with dots ticking on 2-3 targets?

Apart from renferal and (maybe? Didn't really test him on feral)xavius, I think feral is actually very good for all bosses in EN. Where did you feel it underpreforms?

In Dragons/Cenarius felt very good as well... maybe it's because of the legendary with dots ticking on 2-3 targets?

Apart from renferal and (maybe? Didn't really test him on feral)xavius, I think feral is actually very good for all bosses in EN. Where did you feel it underpreforms?
    Typically Normal is fine, Heroic is occasionally a problem and in Mythic Feral's weaknesses on adds become pronounced to the extent of getting benched.

I take it you took EG instead of JW?

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Typically Normal is fine, Heroic is occasionally a problem and in Mythic Feral's weaknesses on adds become pronounced to the extent of getting benched.

I take it you took EG instead of JW?
    No I was running JW-BT-SR on all bosses(apart from illygnoth where i took incarnation instead of SR for heart phase burst).

But as I said I had a very well itemized crit gear and the cp legendary so maybe it wasn't exactly a realistic measure unless you are very lucky with gearing early on..

No I was running JW-BT-SR on all bosses(apart from illygnoth where i took incarnation instead of SR for heart phase burst).

But as I said I had a very well itemized crit gear and the cp legendary so maybe it wasn't exactly a realistic measure unless you are very lucky with gearing early on..
    Which makes you wonder if they are Tuning based on the BiS Legendary also for each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Which makes you wonder if they are Tuning based on the BiS Legendary also for each spec.
    Can't be, as legendary item balance is all over the place. Some classes have utterly trash legendaries while others have god tier ones.

I would guess no because Blizzard just opened a feedback thread for Legendaries recently. They did say classes were balanced around their artifact but I would classify Feral's artifact as one of the weaker ones, especially after the 66% Shadow Thrash nerf.

Balancing with Legendaries is less than ideal anyway if you are trying to shore up things like target switching or AoE, due to the limit on number that can equipped. A better design is a decent boost to DPS and/or a small change in gameplay. The artifact would have been a great place for some target switching traits.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-08-12 at 11:55 AM.

wanted to ask guys how you guys think feral will be legion in terms of raiding dps wise compare to others and such

After the latest tweaks and nerfs to all classes I see feral got even stronger on single target dmg (which already was decent), slowly filling the single target damage niche and becoming one of the strongest single target specs.

Basically things are back to how ferals were in BRF/HM. Seems like a shame it came to this after all the (reversed) effort to try and adres issues such as target swapping and AoE. I still don't get the reasoning to shift back to bleed damage (weakning our target swapping) and the nerfs to AoE damage (brutal slash and shadow thrash became obsolete really)....

This log in particular stood out since the changes but I saw others where feral did really well on single target. Sure I also saw the occasional ret, priest, rogue, hunter or whatever do nearly 300k on the same fight but still, single target damage does seem excellent. But I do get Blast Furnace trauma as soon as I see an encounter where adds are involved.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=19

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    After the latest tweaks and nerfs to all classes I see feral got even stronger on single target dmg (which already was decent), slowly filling the single target damage niche and becoming one of the strongest single target specs.

Basically things are back to how ferals were in BRF/HM. Seems like a shame it came to this after all the (reversed) effort to try and adres issues such as target swapping and AoE. I still don't get the reasoning to shift back to bleed damage (weakning our target swapping) and the nerfs to AoE damage (brutal slash and shadow thrash became obsolete really)....

This log in particular stood out since the changes but I saw others where feral did really well on single target. Sure I also saw the occasional ret, priest, rogue, hunter or whatever do nearly 300k on the same fight but still, single target damage does seem excellent. But I do get Blast Furnace trauma as soon as I see an encounter where adds are involved.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=19
    Blizzard is leaving single target alone for the moment because they know everything else about the spec is broken. A single target nerf is guaranteed, the real question is will they fix AoE, target switching, the talent tree and the artifact when they do it. The Shred/Bleed hotfix invalidated most of the work they had done on the talent tree and artifact.

I mean, shadow priest was right behind the feral, and shadow priests have much better cleave/spread damage. The mage was off by ~23k DPS but their aoe/cleave is immensely better.

Deleted
    Does both MOC and BT beat brutal slash in single target? on live brutal slash seems to hit pretty hard. Whats the best possible talent set up for mythic+ trash Aoe atm? cheers

I'm having a bit of a spec crisis lately, reconsidering if I really wanna stay Moonkin. I've considered the possibility of making the switch to Feral for the first time since TBC. How is it looking in Legion PvE?

Whats funny is how ST/SR is easy to manage, while JW and SR is a more PITA to manage.

There are only a few reason i can come up with why Talents and Artifact haven't been touched with the major shifting of damage they did, they are waiting for Legion to go live to push the changes(would be OP during prepatch), they still working on it, they don't care, or it simply didn't occur to them. As time goes on with now posts/tweets/changes, has me worried that they wont even touch feral till at least a month after raids open up.

Edit:It seems like SR is only good in a raid setting, with Incarnation better for 5man, and SoTF better when solo.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-08-13 at 12:27 AM.

Whats funny is how ST/SR is easy to manage, while JW and SR is a more PITA to manage.

There are only a few reason i can come up with why Talents and Artifact haven't been touched with the major shifting of damage they did, they are waiting for Legion to go live to push the changes(would be OP during prepatch), they still working on it, they don't care, or it simply didn't occur to them. As time goes on with now posts/tweets/changes, has me worried that they wont even touch feral till at least a month after raids open up.

Edit:It seems like SR is only good in a raid setting, with Incarnation better for 5man, and SoTF better when solo.
    I would agree accept for Blizzard said they don't want to change the artifact after release because they don't want to refund artifact points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Does both MOC and BT beat brutal slash in single target? on live brutal slash seems to hit pretty hard. Whats the best possible talent set up for mythic+ trash Aoe atm? cheers
    BT is very much ahead on ST above the other options. Nice artwork sig btw.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I'm wondering if at all possible if you could tell me the best option for my current situation:

I've been maining a Feral Druid for the last 3 expansions and honestly while I love the class and the new look, artifact coming with Legion I'm tired of being left behind by blizzard and being lackluster in AOE DPS, and ST DPS due to the mechanics blizzard introduces and being benched or having to re-roll due to this. The problem I have is that unfortunately even when I play my DK or Mage no other class seems to work for me as fluidly as the feral druid does thus giving me a better, well rounded gameplay.

What are you honest opinions on feral for end-game raiding and in PVP? I've been trying to find some decent material but unfortunately videos and information is pretty poor, if you exclude people saying "it's OK" or "it's bad re-roll".
    Last edited by mmoce17c404824; 2016-08-13 at 12:02 PM.

so let me get this feral is going to get nerf in single target and be in the meters near the ww monk and others nieche specs like it was before? +