Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Legion Invasion Timers completely wrong

So, we have those nice little symbols and timers for the invasions on our world map, right? Well, they are totally off. For my first invasion, i turned up
    20 Minutes early, and it was allready in phase two. Next time i showed up 40 minutes early, and it was allready going. On my last invasion yesterday evening, i flew over Aszhara by chance, 2 HOURS EARLY, and it was allready going. I don't know what is wrong with them, but they're wrong.

So, don't fall for them. They're probably made by Kil'jaeden to deceive you into turning up too late.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    So, we have those nice little symbols and timers for the invasions on our world map, right? Well, they are totally off. For my first invasion, i turned up
    20 Minutes early, and it was allready in phase two. Next time i showed up 40 minutes early, and it was allready going. On my last invasion yesterday evening, i flew over Aszhara by chance, 2 HOURS EARLY, and it was allready going. I don't know what is wrong with them, but they're wrong.

So, don't fall for them. They're probably made by Kil'jaeden to deceive you into turning up too late.
    They aren't wrong. Those timers are just to tell you how long the event will last if NO ONE completes it, as in it will expire. Think garrison missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invasions "expire" after 4 hours (or so it seems)...

What's bugged, is on my server (Draenor) Mulgore and Westfall are displayed as having an invasion all the time (looking at continent map), but when you zoom (or fly there) there is no event
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Whereas on my server, also Draenor, the invasions showed as Azshara and Westfall, and both were there. So you probably have a buggy addon/ui.

why as horde i can't see ally side invasion (westfall, mulgore )? Yesterday i did only horde side...and i'll open world map every 10-15 min

the timers tell you when it ends, not when it starts. They expire after 4 hours and new ones will start, so each one you have a 4 hour window to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    why as horde i can't see ally side invasion (westfall, mulgore )? Yesterday i did only horde side...and i'll open world map every 10-15 min
    I did Westfall, Azshara and Tarren Mill (twice) yesterday, as Horde, on Draenor-EU. There is no Horde side event or Alliance side.

And yes, the timer says how much time is left before it ends, not how much time before it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I did Westfall, Azshara and Tarren Mill (twice) yesterday, as Horde, on Draenor-EU. There is no Horde side event or Alliance side.

And yes, the timer says how much time is left before it ends, not how much time before it starts.
    ok..ill try to look in better today.

CD it's ever 4hrs between invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    ok..ill try to look in better today.

CD it's ever 4hrs between invasion?
    For now, yes. As time progresses, invasions will become more frequent and eventually permanent (close to launch I suppose). As far as I can tell, there are always two events at the same time.

Invasions last for 4hours. The time you zone in, you get "instanced" to an active invasion. It's not like if someone completes the invasion, it's over for everyone. There are multiple instanced invasions happening all the time during those 4 hours. You just get instanced to the closest to stage 1 invasion.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, so i guess Kil'jaeden only deceived me into being to stupid to understand his schedule.

Guess this topic can be closed then. Thanks for your replies

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, invasions start at 1:00, 5:00, 9:00, 13:00, 17:00 and 21:00..

The timer, is when the invasion will reset/disappear/expire, if they are not completed..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

little question...i'm making invasion with my 60 toon and got already several boxes.
    i'm full heirloom so my question is...if ill open all at liv 100 (before event end) i got 700 ilvl right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    If you enter an invasion zone, you are put into an instance which is in phase 1, or you get a new instance.
    Neither..

When you enter a zone with an invasion, you can enter in any stage, depending on, how much progress, people who arrived before you have done..
    It's very possible to arrive when final boss is a 3%..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Neither..

When you enter a zone with an invasion, you can enter in any stage, depending on, how much progress, people who arrived before you have done..
    It's very possible to arrive when final boss is a 3%..
    The game does try to put you into a very early stage, 0% of phase 1 being the optimal. Of course, if there aren't any available, it'll put you into whatever there is.

There isn't one invasion, there's a zone being invaded for four hours and several phased instances of people completing that invasion for their characters only. During those four hours, the invasion can be completed dozens of times, just once per character.

I like this mechanic of timed events that everyone can complete. I believe world missions work like this, and those may add a ton of accumulative daily content for WoW. Hopefully they turn seasonal events into something like this and they add a few more.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-08-12 at 07:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I like this mechanic of timed events that everyone can complete. I believe world missions work like this, and those may add a ton of accumulative daily content for WoW. Hopefully they turn seasonal events into something like this and they add a few more.
    Yea, I'm assuming this is their "shard" tech at work, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. The four hour window is also nice, because it allows plenty of time to take those toons you are trying to gear/farm mog with into each invasion. Just wish I could get weapons to drop other than the damn 2h mace...

Edit: Made this post, did two invasions on my shaman, swapped to my mage and got a sword from the final boss chest, and then another from the first boss chest in another invasion.
    Last edited by Gracin; 2016-08-12 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Yea, I'm assuming this is their "shard" tech at work, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. The four hour window is also nice, because it allows plenty of time to take those toons you are trying to gear/farm mog with into each invasion. Just wish I could get weapons to drop other than the damn 2h mace...

Edit: Made this post, did two invasions on my shaman, swapped to my mage and got a sword from the final boss chest, and then another from the first boss chest in another invasion.
    The weapons are class/spec specific drops, you won't get the ones that you aren't supposed to use, even if that character could equip/transmog that weapon type.

The droprate for the weapons for the appropiate class/spec isn't too bad once you know which alt you need to use to get them.

They show for how long the events last if YOU don't participate. Once you do them on a character, the event and timers disappear. They work perfectly.

People realy so dumb...

Timer on map are time invasion is on that location. At the time only 2 up in entire world in totaly random.

Invasion is gone for YOU for 4 hours when you completed it.

On entering zone you get out into a invasion randomly. You can enter a new one or by one that might be at phase 3 pure rng. Dont like mid way one leave the zone and enter bit later. Just do not participate in half assed done one.

For love of god use your brain.