Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pre-Expansion Patch Items, August 9 Hotfixes, Blizzard at Gamescom, Overwatch Short

Minor 2.4.2 Hotfix - August 10th, Blizzard at Gamescom 2016 & Official Website

Where to Unlock Each Card from One Night in Karazhan

Main Screen Easter Eggs, Vikings Death Sound, THH Ep 116, Into the Nexus #119

Pre-Expansion Patch Items
    There are some fun and useful items you can obtain prior to and during the Broken Shore scenario!

Pocket Fel Spreader
    • Check Group Finder for a group that is farming the item.
    • Use a Demon tracking mechanism (Spectral Sight, Track Demons, or Elixir of Detect Demon)
    • Talk to the Doomsayers in Orgrimmar and Stormwind until you find one with a special dialogue option.
    • Click the dialogue option and kill the Doomsayer when it turns into a demon.
    • The item is not a guaranteed drop, but the drop rate and spawn rates have been hotfixed to be better.

Alliance

Level Type Name Cost
    1Cosmetic Alaina's Bonnet-
    1Junk Lucky Rat's Tooth6 40
    1Junk Old Lucky Coin1 28
    1Junk Lucky Charm14 22 22
    1Shirt Lucky Shirt80

Horde
    • After starting the Broken Shore quest line but before you leave the dock to go to battle, visit Ravika in a hut right next to the dock to grab the old Patch 5.3 toys for a small amount of gold.
    • Stop by Fo'rum the Postmaker and pick up some posts.

Level Type Name Cost
    1Cosmetic Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes50
    1Other Whole-Body Shrinka'25
    1Other Sen'jin Spirit Drum10
    1Other Xan'tish's Flute5
    1Other Angry Post8
    1Other Happy Post8
    1Other Thoughtful Post8

Patch 7.0.3 Hotfixes - August 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Horde Demon Hunters should now be able to open the Dungeon Journal after completing the quest Audience with the Warchief.
    • Newly-created Demon Hunters should be able to be deleted despite having unread mail.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Stampede should now consistently work against other players.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Ice Floes will not be consumed by spells that are made instant by Hot Streak or Presence of Mind.
    • Flamestrike does not consume Hot Streak when Hot Streak is gained during the cast of Flamestrike.

Event
    • Powerful Legion Commanders in Legion Invasions may now drop Nethershards; the number of Nethershards awarded upon completion of individual Stages has been slightly reduced to compensate.

Items
    • Non-Demon Hunters will no longer receive Demon Hunter Glaives from Legion chests.
    • Glaive weapons can now be enchanted by players.

NPCs
    • Illidari Darkdealers should be selling their goods to Horde player-characters.

Quests
    • Players should no longer see duplicated conversation between NPCs during the quest "The Fallen Lion".
    • The Dalaran (Northrend) cooking daily quest should once again randomize properly.

UI
    • (Work in progress) Players should be able to promote other players to the Guild Master rank via right-click in the guild roster.
    • (Work in progress) You can again successfully search for robes in the Auction House.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Demon Hunter Starting Level
    Demon Hunters will start at 98 in the same way that Death Knights start at 55. (Official Forums)

Deleting Demon Hunter
    We've just implemented a hotfix that will allow newly-created Demon Hunters to be deleted despite having unread mail.

Enjoy! (Official Forums)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Glacial Spike Hotfix
    Glacial Spike on its own is not a problem. It requires a good deal of setup including 5 frostbolts and a 3 second cast time to get off. We want something like that to have good payoff. The problem is the synergy between Deep Shatter, Ice Form and Glacial Spike. The intent of the Deep Shatter talent was to make your Frostbolts feel powerful. It wasn't intended to make Glacial Spike deal 2 million damage.

We've made a hotfix change to Deep Shatter. Icicles will no longer benefit from the extra damage from Deep Shatter. We think this change allows both Deep Shatter and Glacial Spike to feel powerful on their own.

Thanks to everyone who brought this issue to our attention through playtesting.

how is 300k a good pay off
    I know where you are getting the 300k number from and it's possible there are more things at play than just the nerf. Our intention is that a Glacial Spike can hit in the 700-900k range at level 110 with proper setup. But when paired with Deep Shatter, it was possible for Glacial Spike to hit in the 2 million range. Since players have somewhere in the area of 2 million health, this is unacceptable. We like setup and high payoff, but we do not want spells that deal 100% of a player's health in battlegrounds and arenas.

If spells have a lot of setup and counterplay, we're comfortable with them doing damage in the 700k-900k range. If a spell has little counterplay but perhaps a long cooldown, we can see it hitting in the 400-500k range. Hopefully those numbers can serve as reference when giving feedback.

But to be clear, 2 million is way out of bounds and to suggest it is okay feels a bit disingenuous. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Unstable Affliction Dispel Damage
    There is a hotfix in testing to reduce the backlash damage of Unstable Affliction from 200% damage remaining to 120% damage remaining. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard at gamescom 2016
    Blizzard will be at gamescom this year! Ion Hazzikostas appears a few times on the schedule with some streamers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    The world’s largest interactive entertainment trade fair is coming back to Cologne, Germany from August 17-21 this year, and Blizzard Entertainment will be there with our biggest presence to date!

Mark your calendar for 18:30 CEST on Tuesday, August 16, when we release a special preview video of what we’ll be showcasing at gamescom 2016, including some new game content. You'll be able to watch it all live on the Blizzard gamescom hub.

Visitors to the Blizzard gamescom booth in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse will have the chance to play Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Diablo, and StarCraft on more than 500 gaming stations. We’ll also have some epic entertainment on the Blizzard stage, and a few surprises in store.

• From August 18-21, the Legion Café will bring a recreation of The Fel Hammer to central Cologne to celebrate the upcoming launch of World of Warcraft’s latest expansion
    • Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to try out the new Demon Hunter class in advance of the August 30 release of World of Warcraft: Legion
    • Two of the top World of Warcraft guilds will race against each other in Legion's top tier difficulty dungeons (Mythic+) live on the Blizzard stage

In addition to the above activities, we’ll feature our famous dance and costume contests, signing sessions, quizzes, contests, and more—including two performances from Video Games Live on our stage on Friday, August 19 and Saturday, August 20 at 18:00! Attendees at gamescom will also be able to pick up some licensed apparel and collectibles, including some brand-new items, at the Blizzard store in Hall 5.

Daily Live Streams and Recaps
    Those who can’t make it to gamescom 2016 in person will still be able to catch all the excitement via daily live streams of our stage activities each day on the Blizzard gamescom hub. Well-known streamers will also be bringing you live action from the Blizzard booth, which you’ll be able to check out directly from the website, along with a daily recap video each evening at 21:00 CEST. Our gamescom site will also be your source for a full schedule of stage activities, a social wall, and more.

Additional details about Blizzard at gamescom will be available soon, so stay tuned!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes

Will DHs be able to loot world boss mounts? They aren't listed in the journal as possible loot for them & no loot from Sha/Nal.
    should be able to yes (Muffinus)

World Events
    Praying for an answer: Dalaran over Karazhan on the 9th too?
    Still in-transit during the week, pops in the week after. (Muffinus)

Does that mean there will be more questlines unlocked in the coming weeks? Or did I read that wrong?
    .New quests every week leading up to launch, featuring Magni, Khadgar, Ulduar, Karazhan, and a mobile Dalaran. (Muffinus)

If Broken Shore is pre-patch, does this mean that "Legion Launch" is simply the teleport from old dalaran to new + onward?
    Correct, 8/30 Launch Night begins with an in-game sequence showing Dalaran blink to the Broken Isles. (Muffinus)

If I can't play during the last week before Legion launch, will I miss the last quesline?
    .You can go back and experience it at any time by talking to Archivist Elysiana in Dalaran in Broken Isles. (Muffinus)

Since you can skip the Broken Shores intro now, any plans on being able to get the gear from the quests that were skipped, too?
    You can go back and do the skipped intro quests at any time. (Muffinus)

Servers
    are you concerned that with all these servers merged, when Legion launches, the game will crash due to do many people?
    Servers aren't merged, nor are they technically CRZ'd anymore, it's new tech that creates "shards" as necessary. (Muffinus)
    Goal is much more stability and on-demand area creation/population stabilization. Had a few kinks to work out, but v. cool. (Muffinus)

PvP
    Since people won't be able to get full artifact traits before tournaments, why allow artifacts at events then? @Holinka
    "Tournament Rules" War Games grant fully powered up Artifacts. (holinka)

Lore
    How was Sargeras able to possess Medivh? He's no banshee=O.
    he can make planets dude he doesn't live by most class/unit ability rules (Muffinus)

Overwatch - The Last Bastion
    A new Overwatch animated short will be revealed on stage and via live stream on the Blizzard gamescom hub at 18:00 CEST on Thursday, August 18.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-11 at 09:57 AM.

Hope this new server Shard tech works good. Seemed to do ok in solving WoD's issues at the start, but how much of that was tech and how much initial rush dieing down?

so glad i spent hours farming them "exclusive" items now that only horde can buy from a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    so glad i spent hours farming them "exclusive" items now that only horde can buy from a vendor.
    Agreed, enough whining and blizzard sometimes choose to cave in, instead of the whiners making an alliance toon and farming them, like we did.

Not hord bias at all.

Alliance get 2 cosmetic items and 3 useless ones

Hord get 1 cosmetic, 3!!toys and 3!! on use items....

sigh...

New Dalaran is already over Karazhan, NPCs not working though.

Deleted
    I think the invasions are the test for the new "shard" tech. When i go to invasion point the town is not overrun by players. There are maybe 50-60 players tops, no lag and almost equal amount of horde and ally players.
    I expected clusterfck invasions, but to be honest - I am quite satisfied and admit Blizzard did awesome job this time. I keep my fingers crossed for the launch also

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Praying for an answer: Dalaran over Karazhan on the 9th too?
    Still in-transit during the week, pops in the week after."

Already there on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i done Broken Isle on all characters now,

Guess i'm fucked when it comes to the Cosmetic Item?

Deleted
    Love the prepatch sofar, but with such huge numbers in the demon invasions it doesn't feel like you get to experience their mechanics that much due to the SLICE-SLICE-SLICE of the Demonhunting throngs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    So i done Broken Isle on all characters now,

Guess i'm fucked when it comes to the Cosmetic Item?
    I read on wowhead people can put the locket on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I think the invasions are the test for the new "shard" tech. When i go to invasion point the town is not overrun by players. There are maybe 50-60 players tops, no lag and almost equal amount of horde and ally players.
    I expected clusterfck invasions, but to be honest - I am quite satisfied and admit Blizzard did awesome job this time. I keep my fingers crossed for the launch also
    you clearly dont play on high pop server -_- when last night invasion was in azshara it was nightmare due to how many people were in 1 zone ><

That shirt is common for me and not uncommon as shown here

3 removed toys vs shirt and cosmetic. Soooo equal. Like in Theramore tabard vs pet... If they want to give rewards they should be equal or they should not give them at all. What next? Mount vs consumable potion making you sparkly?

Guess the glaive hotfix isn't in, since my beastmaster hunter got one a couple of hours ago... thank Blizz it's BOA.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Not hord bias at all.

sigh...
    Lot of complaining about cross-faction account-bound items.

Weird the horde get so many things vs a shirt/hat/junk on alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Not hord bias at all.

sigh...
    they're 5.3 toys that everyone should already have. dont be a baby

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    Weird the horde get so many things vs a shirt/hat/junk on alliance.
    they're patch 5.3 toys. everyone already has them... does anyone read?

So...went to do the Alliance Broken Shore for their stuff. Why is it they get a iLvL 700 ring while the Horde gets a 685?

Quote Originally Posted by Shavier View Post
    3 removed toys vs shirt and cosmetic. Soooo equal. Like in Theramore tabard vs pet... If they want to give rewards they should be equal or they should not give them at all. What next? Mount vs consumable potion making you sparkly?
    they're 5.3 toys! EVERYONE already has them. READ!