Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    -The alliance loosing TWO more heroes.
    -We're stuck with King Twerp for the rest of WoW's lifetime.
    -My two favorite classes, Hunter and Priest have had their DPS specs gutted. Not fun anymore.
    -Lots of quality of life perks have been removed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    STILL too much CC

And rogues still have too much bullshit.

Got stunlocked then he blinded me was able to restealth. Stunned me again then Lacerated to build up energy then hit his stupid ass Parry. So I spend like 10-15 seconds unable to touch the little bastard

By the time I was able to I was about 1/3 health and him at full.

Got him to half when he killed me.

Rogues have been THE class since Vanilla
    Last edited by Locruid; 2016-08-11 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Read the threads in the PVP forum, it's explained plenty there.

In a nutshell:

We get ilvl scaling but lose ilvl boost / cap, the net effect is that the power difference from gear is about the same as it has always been, all their posturing about just 10% difference between top and bottom nonwithstanding (it was about 10% in PVP scenarios for two addons already due to the mentioned ilvl boost / cap, honor vs conquest - getting honor takes several evenings). However, unlike before, we also get power difference from different levels of artifact (easily hits 15% of power increase) and PVP talents (another 10-15% and specs are wildly uneven in that some basically require the very last talent - example: Unholy). And since we no longer have conquest, the only way to improve gear for 99% of PVPers is to raid (the remaining 1% can try getting some pieces from PVP, although even then they'd have to raid - no, 1% can not be increased, that's how PVP ratings work, when you climb up, someone is going down).

So, in MoP / WoD: the only power difference is gear, you were closing it by PVPing, even playing only for cap you were closing it completely to 0% difference between you and the absolute highest power level possible by mid-season, the second half of the season not a single player had more power than you.

But in Legion: the power difference is gear (same ~10% as before) plus artifacts plus PVP talents, in order to close the gear gap you have to raid and unless you are doing mythic and are getting lucky with +ilvl modifiers, you can not close it ever. Realistically, if you are doing normal / heroic raids, the difference between you and mythic players will be about 2-3% just from gear before we factor in the artifact. And if you don't want to raid in order to gear for PVP, god bless you, the best gear you will have is LFR, about 7% difference before the artifact (I am assuming all your PVP talents are maxed).

I know the blues are masters at making misleading statements, but in reality it gets seriously worse instead of better. Go read the PVP forums for tons of detail.

And regarding the balance... here you go:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ziqoftw/Inex...ngrayOMGScoots
    Everything in this post is flat out inaccurate and wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately, the important thing is that the power difference *was* already at the level of single-digit percentages in MoP / WoDth).
    Just completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    STILL too much CC

And rogues still have too much bullshit.

Got stunlocked then he blinded me was able to restealth. Stunned me again then Lacerated to build up energy then hit his stupid ass Parry. So I spend like 10-15 seconds unable to touch the little bastard

By the time I was able to I was about 1/3 health and him at full.

Got him to half when he killed me.

Rogues have been THE class since Vanilla
    This is also wrong. CC is EXTREMELY limited. Rogues are overpowered due to self healing as sub and nothing else(keeps getting nerfed too)

Rogues were also the worst pvp class in vanilla, only good at 1v1 every 10 minutes. Even warlocks were stronger pre-buffs in vanilla.

I would have to say the Death of Vol'Jin. Just to clarify I am an Alliance player and was totally fine with Varian dying and thought he was given a very heroic death. For Vol'Jin though, it felt more like an after thought.. and didn't hit me with the punch of Varian's end. This could be that I do not play Horde (have a few low level alts of course) so if other's think differently, I understand. I thought it was really cool when Vol'Jin became Warchief, and I am a little sad he didn't get to do anything. I am still holding out hope that he comes back somehow... maybe the LOA send him back?

Artifacts. Can't play Arms PVP because I raid :^)

ROFL

I give it one month before people call Legion "WoD 2.0" meaning exactly "little content", and two months before they start leaving.
    HAH! I've had this sig since the day after LEGION announcement m8

It really doesn't try to do much to address a core mmo issue which is players just compartmentalizing and not playing with the general pop. Wow is alot more fun of a game when you actually want to play with other people instead of just finding a niche of players to play with because the experience with players at large tends to be difficult and unrewarding.

The camera distance
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    From everything I can find, including all the glowing talk on these forums, I see no evidence that Blizz is doing anything beyond the same lazy effort they put into WoD. I see plenty of indicators that people will be bored and complaining (again) about 3 months after Legion launches.

You realize that people were saying this same thing just before WoD launched too. I've learned my lesson from WoD, and I'm not plunking down $60 and $15/mo when there is nothing objectively better than the past few expansions. In fact, this is the first expansion with a new class that only had 2 specs. There is only one weapon which, while cool, will most likely be boring within a couple of months. Class halls are just Garrisons v2.

Now, I am willing to change my mind. If, say, 4 months after launch, WoW demonstrates that they really have made things much better than WoD, I may very well come back. If, what I think is true, WoW demonstrates another mass exodus, then I will not be coming back until at least the next expansion where I will hold the same views.

TLR - every indication is that Blizz is being lazy. Until they spend $.60 for every dollar I give them on WoW, I will not return to their spending of $.20 for every dollar given to WoW.
    Don't judge a game based on what the other brainless masses do, judge it for yourself by playing it and seeing for yourself.

There will be turnover, its inevitable for any game 12+ years old, however, take it for what its worth. At the very least if you paid the $50 to buy the game, and subbed for 2 months, thats $80 depending if you have gold to buy tokens or not.

Is $80 dollars worth the amount of time that you spend playing the game for the first 2 months, even if you decide at some point during those two months that you will unsubscribe because you got all the fun out of it that you could? Personally, $80 for a video game these days is a pretty standard price.

You can pay $60-$80 dollars to buy the latest CoD and spend much less time playing it than you would WoD and yet that $60 was worth it because you got what, 20-40 hours of entertainment out of it?

Most people who play WoW will end up spending much more time than 40 hours, especially in a new expansion, So if at the VERY LEAST you spent 80 hours over the course of 2 months playing the game, thats a dollar per hour of entertainment. What other form of entertainment do you get that much value from?

All these threats of not playing the game and "waiting it out" come from a small minority group of salty players who don't like that the game isn't 100% tailored to their view of how the game should be, and quite frankly good. It's better for the community as a whole that these players don't come into the game and stink up the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am worried how Alt/Offspec friendly legion would be because of the Artifacts.

Also, I am worried about class order halls. They are a scaled down version garrisons, so they look like they won't be as a huge burden as garrisons were, but they are still completely mandatory because stuff like the 3rd artifact slot being unlocked, the ability to equip a second legendary, and gold... like garrisons before, COHs are gold machines. If it is something you do for like 5-10 minutes once a day, it's a daily, that's fine. However if it's like garrisons where we are joined at the hip, check every couple of hours, collect work orders and just not doing stuff out in the world when we are all stuck in our own little phase away from everyone else, that just not okay.

Some of the alternate playstyles in a spec are gone. As an Unholy DK, one of things I DO miss about WoD was how there was three playstyles built around the lvl 100 talents. Necroblight was hella fun, but BoS and Defile were distinct enough where they were interesting. The talent system now doesn't seem to lend itself to that, though that could change once we are 110, have our artifacts, and legendaries.

Flying, but it's totally not a deal breaker. I don't have flying now in Draenor so I am used to it (came back like three months ago). As long the means to gain flying when it does come to the broken isles is easy or account wide.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.