Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palilou View Post
    Maybe your cinematic was different, mine had Varian jump before Sylvannas blew the horn.
    I think you will find you imagined that, she blew the horn before the airship even arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Maybe you should watch the cinematic from the Horde side before spouting your weak rhetoric.
    I've seen them both, hence why I said she retreated not that she intentionally abandoned them. Just because she was incompetent not deliberately vindictive doesn't excuse the betrayal. The bottom line is she got Varian killed and quite frankly I would have expected more from a ranger general.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    "No it makes more sense for a priest to wield it than the current greatest warriors on Azeroth". Really??
    it is his fathers weapon.
    and an orc with shalamayne, ye, no thanks.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    As far as I know Varian and his twin blades were fused with eachother in a spiritual sense. Therefore the glowing light on his sword died with him and would be as useful as a grey level 1 item to anyone else. There's some small indications of that in previous lore anyway, one half of the sword representing Wrynn himself and the other half representing Lo'gosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Those are trophies of our kills. The Horde betrayed our King, which lead to his death. You cowards arent worthy of such a relic. If you want this sword youre going to have to go through me first.
    Yeah, it's not like you had a Mage on your side that is adapt at teleporting entire armies out of any bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Dwarves / Draenei with Doomhammer.

Humans / gnomes / dwarves / draenei / Night elves / Bad Pandaren with Gorehowl, ye, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Sadly warriors were given a made up artifact so not to spoil the story

It sucks but if the artifact reveals had included his sword then it would have been pretty obvious what happened to him.
    This is pretty much what I was thinking as well. Too bad, though...Varian's Swords would have been fkn epic for warriors. When all was first datamined and warriors came out of the woodwork wanting the artifact to be Varian's swords...I disagreed. I didn't see the big deal. After seeing that video, though, and getting all of the fkn feels when he was run through and then killed by Gul'dan...holy fuck I wanted warriors to have those swords. It makes sense, no doubt, for Alliance characters. Not sure about Horde. As you said - maybe Saurfang's axe. I dunno; I just think his swords now make sense.

That fkn broken shore cinematic...RIP Varian.

Sorry for possible spoilers but this needs to be cleared up for the whining horde people about doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    That doesn’t make sense at all. He gave it away willingly, there is no logical connection between his elemental powers and the Doomhammer, especially since it wasn’t a shaman but a warrior weapon before (other than being forged in lava). And he did not lose his elemental powers, at all. As seen in the same scenario: Thrall uses his shaman power to fight and raise bridges and alike – they just don’t respond to him as they used to.
    And even if there were: It doesn’t change the fact that he could give it to some horde guy or even his son later on and not some random ally he met like 2-3 times.
    from wowwiki about doomhammer, Forged in elemental lava on the orc homeworld of Draenor, this massive hammer is connected deeply with the elements, and its true power is only awakened in the hands of those who can speak to the elements in kind. Orgrim told of a prophecy about the Doomhammer saying that "The last of the Doomhammer line will use it to bring first salvation and then doom to the orc people. Then it will pass into the hands of one who is not of the Blackrock clan, all will change again, and it will once again be used in the cause of justice."

Plus if anyone has seen the artifact quest line for doomhammer he doesnt just give it way. he loses it and then is too injured to wield it against the demon assaulting the maelstrom so the "shaman" either horde or alliance picks it up and has an elemental weapon that goes along with it. and he says you clearly have mastered doomhammer more than i ever could. and concedes it to the better shaman.

as for the sword it doesnt have the history that almost every other Artifact has. even if its made up for next teir its got more story than a sword that represents 2 halfs of a king. man and wolf. the sword was recently brought into the game by jaina. so its not much known about it.

Deleted
    Those are trophies of our kills. The Horde betrayed our King, which lead to his death. You cowards arent worthy of such a relic. If you want this sword youre going to have to go through me first.
    Ehhh, the Horde betrayed them how exactly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Dwarves / Draenei with Doomhammer.

Humans / gnomes / dwarves / draenei / Night elves / Bad Pandaren with Gorehowl, ye, no thanks.
    do you think im a fan of dwarf wielding the doomhammer?
    and what gorehowl?

Formerly known as Arafal

do you think im a fan of dwarf wielding the doomhammer?
    Can i read your mind?

Fact is, they made famous orcish weapon(s) available to all players, including Alliance.

That the opposing faction might use a weapon that used to belong to a famous member of the other faction is no argument.

and what gorehowl?
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gorehowl_(item)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stinnay View Post

Plus if anyone has seen the artifact quest line for doomhammer he doesnt just give it way. he loses it and then is too injured to wield it against the demon assaulting the maelstrom so the "shaman" either horde or alliance picks it up and has an elemental weapon that goes along with it. and he says you clearly have mastered doomhammer more than i ever could. and concedes it to the better shaman.

as for the sword it doesnt have the history that almost every other Artifact has. even if its made up for next teir its got more story than a sword that represents 2 halfs of a king. man and wolf. the sword was recently brought into the game by jaina. so its not much known about it.
    It doesn’t make it less dumb. Our PC were present when he became the freaking Earth Warden, World Shaman, Green Jesus.

And Shalamayne has a better backstory than some of the current artifacts. Stromkar, for example. While some might recognize Thoradin (from the wall at least), his weapon wasn’t really famous until now. The Warswords of the Valarjar are completely made up and have literally 0 lore in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    LOL, what? We betrayed no one there. Varian fucking jumped from the ship out of free will to save others on it (and for "glory" of killing Gul'Dan), did you miss that in the cinematic?
    Youre angry. You should relax a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

That the opposing faction might use a weapon that used to belong to a famous member of the other faction is no argument.
    Admiral Taylors Greatsword say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    If they are used as a transmog skin, I hope to christ it's alliance only.
    The forum-tears could drown the planet
    Since the Doomhammer, a weapon with a FAR longer history as a horde heritage, is available to both sides, then when and if they make Varian's Swords available as a skin, either to Fury or Arms warrior, they need to be available to both sides as well.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Sure, great comparison of the Doomhammer, Gorehowl and Shalamayne to a green quest reward weapon that isn't even special on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Thank you for your astounding detective research.

Clearly I wasn't asking how he managed to get the sword that when last seen was covered in demons and fire.
    Probably the same way paladins recover ashbringer, even though it and its owner were dipped in fel lava.

You send an army and bring it back. Gul'dan probably gave it to some demon lieutenant or something, and then an alliance SI:7 squad or something, killed him and brought it back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clukclukboom View Post
    Horde warriors, you arent gonn ago near anything from alliance anymore, traitors
    Which he had to do because Sylvannas ordered her entire force to retreat instead of assisting.
    I've seen them both, hence why I said she retreated not that she intentionally abandoned them. Just because she was incompetent not deliberately vindictive doesn't excuse the betrayal. The bottom line is she got Varian killed and quite frankly I would have expected more from a ranger general.
    1: do the horde version of the scenario. The cinematic fails to properly portray or convey the massacre that was taking place there (mostly because its less than 15 seconds of horde screentime, and then four fucking minutes of Varian Fan Wanking)

2: The plan was the horde would buy time for the alliance to charge in by holding the flank. We bought you your precious time, which varian chose to waste delivering cheesy speeches rather than get the job done (Sylvanas actually yells at him from the cliff "Enough chatting Wrynn, KILL HIM ALREADY!!!")

3: The alliance was only dealing with ground troops down there. Wanna know what the horde was dealing up on that cliff? Ground troops, Aerial troops (Which we were keeping from you, you're welcome) AND FUCKING LEGION FEL CARRIERS, which were bombing the shit out of our troops.

4: Say what you want about the horde, at least we only retreated when 3 out of 4 of our leaders were down, one of them fatally wounded, and most of our army was wiped out by the aforementioned Fel Carriers blasting them out of the sky. Meanwhile, the alliance still had all four of their leaders perfectly okay, and most of their army unblemished thanks to our sacrifice, they were still perfectly capable of keep fighting, but nooooooo the minute, the SECOND they saw the tide turn, they ran like fucking pussies. At least we waited until we were almost dead before sounding the retreat.

5: Varian's "sacrifice" was beyond retarded. You had a fucking gunship, with enough guns on deck to flatten a small village. Varian was able to shatter that Fel Reaver's head with a sword the size of a toothpick compared to that behemoth, yet somehow, you're telling me that with nearly a dozen cannons, firing AT POINTBLANK RANGE couldn't have pried it loose? Pathetic.

6: Sylvanas was VERY reluctant to withdraw. The only reason she even blew the horn was because Vol'jin ordered her to do it. And as mentioned above, said order was only given because 3 out of 4 horde leaders were down, most of the army was wiped out, and there was nothing else the horde could do to aid the alliance. It was either withdraw, or die. There was nothing else that could be done for the blue team.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-08-11 at 07:54 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Sure, great comparison
    Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Youre angry. You should relax a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhuh, sure, I'm angry, what ever you say. /sarcasm
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

it is his fathers weapon.
    "and a human with doomhammer, ye, no thanks"

We've established they were ok with artifacts overcoming faction boundaries. Especially considering Anduins hardon for cooperation and the fact he got his dad on his side before the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    For a second there, I thought this was the GoT thread... >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it somehow falls in the hands of Anduin. Get rid of that little baby fairy wand, put it in his little toy chest and give him a real man's weapon. Toughen the kid up instead of being such a little baby wuss.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Clukclukboom View Post
    Horde warriors, you arent gonn ago near anything from alliance anymore, traitors
    Can't wait to shank Anduin's pink ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================