Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    So Vol'jins "This not be da same legion" was basically just a red herring?
    It's not a red herring or anything other than a figure of speech. They are used to be able to defeat the Legion fairly easily. What they encountered at the Broken Shore was something a lot worse than what they'd ever seen before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwind View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that we are in an Area that would then "Transend multiverses" much like the Burning Legion, as Azeroth being a Titan would definately fill that roll.
    what?
    no, why would there be one?
    azeroth is part of the physical universe, not the twisting nether.
    only the nether trancends all realities.

Formerly known as Arafal

Why do people keep saying Gul'dan was introduced and died in WC3?
    Gul'dan was introduced in WC2 and died in WC2. WC3 was just a flashback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    What I don't understand, is if there are infinite Universes, there is a Universe where the Burning Legion Wins. In that Universe wouldn't it "transcend" all the other Universes due to it's power?

Is the MU that very same Universe for Azeroth? The Azerothian Superman Universe?
    There is not because the Legion transcends universes. There is only one legion, one sargeras.

Honestly, its much better if people would just stop thinking about it.

Take away this from all the commotion:

There is one dead gul'dan, and one living Gul'dan. There is one azeroth(that matters) and one Legion.

I very much doubt blizzard is ever going back to multiple dimensions so you dont need to understand everything else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Why do people keep saying Gul'dan was introduced and died in WC3?
    Gul'dan was introduced in WC2 and died in WC2. WC3 was just a flashback.
    points for truth

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don't worry, there's a good reason you're lost. Blizzard doesn't write their lore in the normal logical way. It is always an afterthought.
    Dont encourage him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nono, there is a difference. There have been 2 Gul'dans so far. The first Gul'dan you meet in WC3, he was one of the leader of the INITIAL orc horde that invaded azeroth from outlands (BC). Gul'dan broke off from the Horde and raised the Islands where the "Tomb of Sargeras" was. The Tomb as created and left by the Guardian who proceeded Mehdiev (his mother) after she had defeated the avatar of Sargeras. When OUR Gul'dan raised the tomb, he tried to claim its power for himself but was ultimately torn to peices by the demons inside the tomb. (Viewable in WC3 Cinematics) Illdan Stormrage goes here to claim OUR Gul'dan's skull to fuel his power to try and shatter Northrend (WC3 Frozen Throne) As the Lich King had defected from the Legion's influence (Nerzhul is the LK) and Illidan was told to destroy the LK (he failed because of Malfurion's interuptions). When WoD came around, Garrosh from our outland outed him as a betrayer and corrupter, and he was captured and Mannoroth the Corrupter was killed in the insueing fight. Garrosh was still hell-bent on revenge and tells his father Grommash, that there is another world they can conquer, setting off the events of WoD. They use the Alternate Gul'dan to power the portal to our realm, however we set that Gul'dan free to destroy the portal. (all throughout WoD) We fight Gul'dan as he then manages to wrest control of the Iron Horde from Grommash and eventually summon Archimonde (newly reborn after his defeat in our universe at the World Tree) Upon killing Archimonde, he looks to Gul'dan and Throws him through the open portal to OUR Azeroth, where the events of Legion are now unfolding.
    Ahhhh ok. That makes a ton more sense now. I really appreciate the time you guys took to respond. I only watched a friend play WC3 (he was a greedy bastard and I was poor lol) so I must have missed that.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should listen to the audio drama they put out. Gul'dan makes it very clear that he is not the same Gul'dan that went to the Tomb of Sargeras before.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I find it easier to follow by not thinking there is a whole alternate universe, but that the bronze dragon created a copy of draenor from the past. So don't worry about there being alternate universe anything except Draenor from WoD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    And what about azeroth? there is only one or there are other azeroths out there? are we gonna meet other dimension´s vol´jins and varyans? other sylvanas?
    This multi dimensional stories never end well, they are always full of contradictions, like for example if gul´dan is such a good agent of chaos, why they only use one of them at a time to invade us?
    Yes, and this is why alternate timelines are a bad idea in fiction. It totally throws everything into the air and wiggles its fingers at the chaos, cackling madly

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Yes, and this is why alternate timelines are a bad idea in fiction. It totally throws everything into the air and wiggles its fingers at the chaos, cackling madly
    Yeah it's bad enough to create one, it's worse to say that something in that conflicting time line is above the fracturing of timelines. The Legion supposedly surpasses all that buuuut, Mannoroth has shown up twice in two different time lines, being killed many years apart...So yeah. it's a bad Idea to fuck with alternate time lines and I hope to god we are done with the digitial abortion that is WoD.

It has been 14 months since patch 6.2. How have you not figured out the AU stuff yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    "Our" Gul'dan died looooong ago in the Tomb of Sargeras. So long ago, in fact, that Orgrim, I believe, was still Warchief of the Horde. The events of Gul'dan dying in our main reality happens even before Vanilla WoW in terms of timeline.

The reason why we see demons like Archimonde reoccurring is because if you kill a demon in Stormwind, let's say, its soul gets sent back to the Twisting Nether. You can only truly kill (permanently) a demon in the Twisting Nether or a place "heavily" saturated in Fel energy (aka Hellfire Citadel).

In WoD everything was upside down. The Orcs didn't drink the Blood of Mannoroth, so they were not under Gul'dan's control in THAT universe. Therefore he was imprisoned by the clans. Remember, one of the first quests you do once you go through the (red) Dark Portal in WoD releases him.

The only remnant of WoD that lingers in our universe back on Azeroth is Gul'dan as many have said. He is different than the original, though. He seems more ambitious and keen to obey Kil'jaeden.
    That definitely makes a lot more sense. I knew I had mixed it all up in my head and I'm glad now I've got it figured out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He was a greedy bastard because he didn't let you spend 40 hours playing a game on his computer?
    He was a greedy bastard because he didn't let anyone play games on his computer.

He'd even invite people over to play video games and not let anyone play video games lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

all saying "gul'dan" but what about cordana?????? does she come back to our dimension like everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The only reason to get lost in this is to either not care about lore or not follow lore. Its all out there making sense. The whole Dreanor thing could have been handled differently. Not because it was wrong, but because a lot of people refuse to understand it, and it fuels many a trolls flamepost.
    I personally disagree about that part. It's not because people "refuse to understand it", it's largely because for a while Blizzard themselves were giving contradicting information, then correcting themselves, then correcting the other... It got confusing at times and gave the impression that they were making it up as they went along, that it wasn't really planned well. People tried to understand it and Blizzard made it worse for a while.

Quite frankly I'd say it's not so much a problem with players, it's that Blizzard bit off more than they could chew and didn't give themselves nearly enough time to develop the story properly. They rushed through the whole inter-dimensional time travel aspect and basically dropped it altogether once they had Gul'dan in our universe.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand the lore correctly it should look like the following:

1) Draenor is a planet ruled by Orcs and Goblins.
    2) Azaroth is a planet ruled by Humans, Dwarves and Elves
    3) Draenei are from another planet in which they fled the Erodar(their parents) in space ships powered by crystals that housed beings of pure light.
    4) The Twisted Nether is all the space in between planets.
    5) Draenei invaded Draenor many years ago. They lived on the same planet with the Orcs.
    6) About 20 years ago a portal opened and an orc (Garrosh) from the future came back and stopped event from happening that would shape the orcs future.
    7) Guldan of that timeline flees into our timeline.
    8) ((Guldan might come back to his timeline and gather forces for an invasion into Azaroth))
    9) About 10 years ago Guldan led the first invasion into Azeroth by using Draenei to power his opening of the gate.
    10) Guldan is killed by demons in tomb
    11) Illidan flees through portal to Draenor to fight the Legion. Taking with them the skull of guldan from the tomb.
    12) Guldan arrives in modern day and opens tomb. He is told by Kiljaeden he failed before.
    13) ((We fail to kill Guldan and he flees back into time. {back to step 8}))

See, everything works out perfectly if we fail to actually kill Guldan and he steps back through the portal. It's all one Guldan in that case. And there is no looping Time paradox.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-08-11 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    all saying "gul'dan" but what about cordana?????? does she come back to our dimension like everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post

See, everything works out perfectly if we fail to actually kill Guldan and he steps back through the portal. It's all one Guldan in that case. And there is no looping Time paradox.
    Oh fun times, eeeeeh nope. Seeing as how there is no time paradox because Kairoz created the 2nd Draenor, it's an alternate universe
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-08-11 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what?
    no, why would there be one?
    azeroth is part of the physical universe, not the twisting nether.
    only the nether trancends all realities.
    Lolwut, No, The Titans are (as far as we know) the supreme beings in the universe, GODS. Sargeras is a TITAN. If Azeroth is a Titan, then she is also a God, which makes her just as powerful and probably just as Immortal as Sargeras. By proxy, if Azeroth is a Titan, then she would transcend reality as well.

Lolwut, No, The Titans are (as far as we know) the supreme beings in the universe, GODS. Sargeras is a TITAN. If Azeroth is a Titan, then she is also a God, which makes her just as powerful and probably just as Immortal as Sargeras. By proxy, if Azeroth is a Titan, then she would transcend reality as well.
    There is some debate on whether or not Sargeras was a Titan though, at least to my knowledge. Some say he was a soldier, other say he was a titan. Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? I would like to know the official stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    There is only 1 Burning Legion.

The only thing not from our time/spaceline is Gul'dan.
    The whole 1 legion thing makes zero sense since that means there are an infinite number of sleeping titan Azeroths. The Legion will never win then.

- - - Updated - - -

They already said the Legion rules don't apply to Sargeras in a tweet so no you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The whole 1 legion thing makes zero sense since that means there are an infinite number of sleeping titan Azeroths. The Legion will never win then.

- - - Updated - - -

They already said the Legion rules don't apply to Sargeras in a tweet so no you're wrong.
    I agree it makes not sense...but there's the rub. That is what is canon.