Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Sounds very interesting. So after that expansion we ll possibly be moving outside of eorzea? Possibly a sky/sea expansion?
    So far left on the continent of Eorzea there is Shariyavan west of Dravania, Pagl'than east of Uldah, Xelphatol north of Gridania and between Ala Mhigo and Galea you have the straights of Gyn Abania. All of these areas as big as he entirety of the Heavensward areas put together. So theres still quite a bit left to explore in Eorzea, though they have been teasing the Islands of the Rhotono Sea and Indigo deeps as tropical places colonised by the Mhachi in their war with the Nymian navy.

Given they already did Leviathan and Bismark i dont think they would push into more water stuff just because there isnt that many big name water summons left, but Ala Mhigo -which is the human city that was a far grander version of uldah inspired by FFIX's Treno just got taken over by the empire 15 odd years ago. That means a blend of IX and VI which are the games Yoshi loves going back to and its area bridging gridania and garlemalde would make for a blend of traditional fantasy environments and magitek set ups the empire built after the take over. Which would be a change from Ishgard and have a number of locations for different settings for dungeons and primals that an ocean based expansion wouldn't really have.

Like Monster hunter 3 compared to Monster hunter 4 i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *sigh* random healers.
    They plant their butts in a random location and refuse to move 3 steps. Then I die and they QQ about not being in range.
    When I tell them that I had 2/6 heals in casting range (talking about Void Ark here) they don't understand and continue to QQ.

Not sure about you but I adjust my position constantly when playing WHM.
    No matter the mmo i find you get healers that only play them because its an 'easy carry class' where they stand back, throw a few pity heals and mostly afk for fights. I remember when i started playing mmorpgs i assumed it would be some insanely hectic whackamole and then when you get down to it you wonder how much of the reputation was tainted by these 'absolute bare minimum' players.
    I mean i can heal fine on a PS4 just using the d-pad to cycle through the four party members while staying on the move, its not exactly hard to move unless you suffer from extreme tunnel vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brrr... I still can't imagine healing 24 people via controller. >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Counter to the 'park and heal' healer, fuck the dps that stand off in bum fuck middle of nowhere and I have to basically chase them down to heal them. It goes both ways. Dps should be making sure they're in range of heals, and healers should be adjusting themselves accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Counter to the 'park and heal' healer, fuck the dps that stand off in bum fuck middle of nowhere and I have to basically chase them down to heal them. It goes both ways. Dps should be making sure they're in range of heals, and healers should be adjusting themselves accordingly.
    OFC DPS can't just stand in the middle of nowhere.
    Being a healer myself, I know that he'd had to take 3 steps at most in order to reach me and on top of that I had healers from Group A and B in range (I was in Group C).

Brrr... I still can't imagine healing 24 people via controller. >.<
    thats probably why they split people into 8 man groups instead.

So you never met a human being that has been put into a position of near absolute power and did crack under it's weight / abused it?
    The guy actually made a lot of sense.
    I agree that he was creepy as fuck and that the nearly depicted rape was unnecessarily uncomfortable for the viewer.

And no: should I watch eiter anime it'll be japanese voices and english subs.
    It didn't make sense in the context of the scene. When he gets there in her room, he's talking on and on about how much better things will be in the next world. He's a nutjob that wants them to be together in a different world, not this one. His rant is culminating towards a murder/suicide so they can "respawn" and then he just suddenly decides its sexy time here and now. It felt like an abrupt 180 from everything he was obsessing over in his monologuing to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Shit look at the Aetherochemical Research Facility dungeon in retrospective. The Ascians lured in Thordan knowing you would follow and the only Ascians they sent were the weakest ones you had already defeated before? Kind of smells like a trap, but what for?
    Well if you look to the middle of the dungeon you pass through an allagan biological weapon construction facility, including a boss that at first glance seems a bit strange because it goes "testing anti cobra capabilities" and turns into a cobra. Which only makes sense if that exists to test the products rather than being the product being tested. You defeat it and it says "Combat results: Outstanding, approved for mass reproduction" and players are so busy chasing thordan and the ascians that you dont even notice it.
    Then a few weeks later these "warriors of darkness" show up out of nowhere working for the ascians. So maybe instead of possessing people its easier to make 'empty' clones of the player characters to use as vessels?
    The Warriors of Darkness have a back story, though. They're the 1.0 Warriors of Light models (all seen in the Battle of Cartenau cut scene that ended 1.0/started 2.0) and we see in an echo fighting an Ascian at one point. I think it's more likely the 1.0 Warriors of Light that were rescued by Louisouix were snagged by the Ascians and turned to their ends. Or convinced/swayed that the Ascians are ultimately right about their plans/goals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ι m hoping they give us a new crafting/gathering class too at some point!
    Game needs a skinner/trapper class, to easier farm meat and other animal parts used for crafting imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Game needs a skinner/trapper class, to easier farm meat and other animal parts used for crafting imo.
    that would be very very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    It's called hunting retainer.

Really, though, the skinner/trapper idea would be great. But would it boil down to be some sort of hybrid gatherer/combat class? Or would it be something akin to where they find "nodes" that happen to be dead animals or whatever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    To be fair, not even WoW has built-in tools for tracking the things ACT does, like DPS. It's very accommodating when it comes to player made tools tracking and displaying it, but it's never had an in-game tool for that either.
    This game could use an easy-to-use combat tracker, though, and it would need to be provided in-game for the purpose of it working for console players. Sure, there's the SSS thing, but an optional dps measuring stick akin to WoW's Proving Grounds does nothing to help pinpoint why dungeon/raid runs are taking twice as long to clear because someone is phoning things in by spamming one button (if any).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo-Kai weapon #7 obtained.. only 6 left.

It sure feels like first 5 medals would have higher drop rate..

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    But would it boil down to be some sort of hybrid gatherer/combat class? Or would it be something akin to where they find "nodes" that happen to be dead animals or whatever?
    They had meat/leather gathering in EQII. The nodes were animal dens. So they could do the same thing. Have there be Dens, where you collect meat and might find other things from dead kills the animals have gathered, and Corpses, which you can loot for skins/sinews and might find some other thing there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    They had meat/leather gathering in EQII. The nodes were animal dens. So they could do the same thing. Have there be Dens, where you collect meat and might find other things from dead kills the animals have gathered, and Corpses, which you can loot for skins/sinews and might find some other thing there, too.
    Seems legit. You go out and set the traps, then come back after time passes and collect them. It could have a tracking ability in order to be able to return to where the traps are set (instead of having to <flag> a location).

Seems legit. You go out and set the traps, then come back after time passes and collect them. It could have a tracking ability in order to be able to return to where the traps are set (instead of having to <flag> a location).
    Here's what I propose: Have Animal Dens work akin to Fishing. You choose bait, set your trap, and catch whatever. Can have it work with a second-order baiting, too, akin to mooching for Fishing. The caught animals might be used whole in the case of small game, or in the case of larger prey can be subject to Desynthesis for other parts.

And in addition, have Corpse gathering akin to Mining/Botany. With your skinning knife, you can collect hides, sinews and potentially bones, teeth, wings or other useful items. Potential rare gathers could be in the form of minions(baby whatevers you rescue and keep or sell).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It didn't make sense in the context of the scene. When he gets there in her room, he's talking on and on about how much better things will be in the next world. He's a nutjob that wants them to be together in a different world, not this one. His rant is culminating towards a murder/suicide so they can "respawn" and then he just suddenly decides its sexy time here and now. It felt like an abrupt 180 from everything he was obsessing over in his monologuing to me.
    If I understood correctly he desired Asuna from the beginning, even before the SAO incident, but knew she didn't like him. he resisted violating her in her helpless form for a while but ultimately succumbed to the temptation (esp since he could torture Kirito with it).

I still agree with you that the whole rapey-scene was completely unnecessary and they could have made him a much more interesting villain if he built a world in which Asuna had been happy, yet still trapped her.

There is still a big difference between an ingame addon using an ingame API to parse data and an external program that needs to run with admin privileges to be able to sniff around in memory and network traffic.

So while Blizzard did not give the player a pre-built DPS parser, they very well gave the players the necessary tools to build one in game.
    Which is pretty much what I just said.

They are very accommodating and provide the means (the API, mod language, etc) by which players can create their own DPS parsers.

What people continuously criticize SE for is not having a parser built into the game, and many continue to ask for SE to provide them one that is built into the game. My point was simply that not even WoW one that they provide - you still have to go to a third party to get the actual addon in both cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    What people continuously criticize SE for is not having a parser built into the game, and many continue to ask for SE to provide them one that is built into the game. My point was simply that not even WoW one that they provide
    Yeah.. obviously it doesn't make sense to ask for addons in a game w/o addon support.
    Only understandable that peeps want SE to build a parser, since they're obviously not going to add general addon support until they can figure out the console problem somehow.

Not sure what you want to argue here.

This game could use an easy-to-use combat tracker, though, and it would need to be provided in-game for the purpose of it working for console players. .
    Certainly that's how they'd have to do it due to consoles...

But I was more responding to your comment earlier about we "Shouldn't need a third party app running for that purpose" and pointing out that though they are allowed to run in Blizzard's game and use the API and mod language, addons are still basically third party - as in not created by Blizzard - apps (that, due to Blizzard's accommodating nature on it, essentially run natively within the client if installed).

As far as I know, outside of basic total damage done/healing done at the end of BGs or other such things, I know of no MMO that provides a DPS parser that is built into the game itself, so criticizing SE because you need a third party app to run damage parsing feels disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.. obviously it doesn't make sense to ask for addons in a game w/o addon support.
    Only understandable that peeps want SE to build a parser, since they're obviously not going to add general addon support until they can figure out the console problem somehow.

Not sure what you want to argue here.
    As concise as I can make this - my original response to Kazela was about needing to turn to a third party (in other words, not the game developer) to get a damage parser and his comment on how we shouldn't have to do that. My response was basically pointing out that you have to get a damage parser from a third party in pretty much every MMO.

That's why I started my original response with "To be fair" because I was pointing out that it wasn't a unique situation, and is instead rather ubiquitous.

Anything beyond that honestly has been ya'll confusing the really simple point I made in the first post somehow, or repeating the same point back to me as if it was a counter to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hmm, I see -- I've currently obtained WAR, PLD, BRD, and SCH weapons. So think I'll leave MNK/AST/BLM for last.

Also managed to down Thordan Ex tonight, was pretty easy with current gear.
    I can never find a group for wln

Certainly that's how they'd have to do it due to consoles...

But I was more responding to your comment earlier about we "Shouldn't need a third party app running for that purpose" and pointing out that though they are allowed to run in Blizzard's game and use the API and mod language, addons are still basically third party - as in not created by Blizzard - apps (that, due to Blizzard's accommodating nature on it, essentially run natively within the client if installed).

As far as I know, outside of basic total damage done/healing done at the end of BGs or other such things, I know of no MMO that provides a DPS parser that is built into the game itself, so criticizing SE because you need a third party app to run damage parsing feels disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

As concise as I can make this - my original response to Kazela was about needing to turn to a third party (in other words, not the game developer) to get a damage parser and his comment on how we shouldn't have to do that. My response was basically pointing out that you have to get a damage parser from a third party in pretty much every MMO.

That's why I started my original response with "To be fair" because I was pointing out that it wasn't a unique situation, and is instead rather ubiquitous.

Anything beyond that honestly has been ya'll confusing the really simple point I made in the first post somehow, or repeating the same point back to me as if it was a counter to what I said.
    No, you're 100% correct on the dps meter for WoW (since I used that as an example) is third party, just like the whole ACT setup for FF14. Poor wording and head in the clouds on my part when making that statement.

Whole point I meant to make is that it's a shitload easier to have a dps meter running in WoW vs. this game. This is likely due to my inexperience with using ACT in general, but at the same time, loading Recount/Skada/etc. and having it working takes all of a minute tops.

Long story short, I may fiddle with getting ACT to work again this weekend when I have time, but ultimately, if I can't get it to work, /shrug. I don't even do serious content in this game. Main reason I want it is to sate my own curiousity on what makes dungeon/raid runs take so much/little time, other than "oh we have good dps this run" or "dps sucks". Details to vet my seat-of-the-pants assessments.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in other words: you are arguing semantics.

Speaking of which: the situation in regards to "needing 3rd party input" is actually better in FF.
    In WoW you are crippled w/o some addons, esp if you want to raid mythic, making them completely mandatory.
    In FF, ACT is a nice to have for sure but most certainly not mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Whole point I meant to make is that it's a shitload easier to have a dps meter running in WoW vs. this game.
    Hmm wouldn't go that far.
    ACT was pretty much "install/DL plugin -> add firewall exception -> run as admin -> works" for me.
    Bold ones are a must BTW, ACT won't say a peep w/o them.