Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Theory : Varian is "Still Alive"

Back in Vanilla Onyxia hatched a plan by splitting Varian into two personas through a ritual creating a Feral and Docile versions of him. It came to me after watching the Varian death when he split his 2 swords that it's possible his personas are tied to the sword and as one he is whole but when split it also splits his personas. When the red flame died out from Ellemayne it was from the death of the agressive Varian, we never see Shalla'tor blade. What do you guys think ???

I think when this series resorts to cheap tricks like that, death loses what little meaning it had. We've had enough asspulls save characters that by all rights should be goners, just let him go.

Did you see Varian splitting in two in the cinematic? Do you really think the demons were going to miss that there was another Varian hiding away in middle of the battlefield?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndogg View Post
    Back in Vanilla Onyxia hatched a plan by splitting Varian into two personas through a ritual creating a Feral and Docile versions of him. It came to me after watching the Varian death when he split his 2 swords that it's possible his personas are tied to the sword and as one he is whole but when split it also splits his personas. When the red flame died out from Ellemayne it was from the death of the agressive Varian, we never see Shalla'tor blade. What do you guys think ???
    BTW in Alliance and Horde cinematic at the end blizzard showed different blades. One in Alliance's end and another in Horde's end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given that varian split him into milion pieces i surely hope we won't get varians popping like mushrooms after rain all over azeroth. Can you imagine doing your archeology and one of finds is varian ? Or fishing in a lake and after 3 catfish you fish out a varian ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given that varian split him into milion pieces i surely hope we won't get varians popping like mushrooms after rain all over azeroth. Can you imagine doing your archeology and one of finds is varian ? Or fishing in a lake and after 3 catfish you fish out a varian ?
    But not full sized Varian, small non combat pet size Varians xD and when you catch him you get a quest to use him in pet battles to let him grow up and reclaim the throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    But not full sized Varian, small non combat pet size Varians xD and when you catch him you get a quest to use him in pet battles to let him grow up and reclaim the throne.
    Varian confirmed for another artifact like the fishing one. Customize him as you wish !

Deleted
    1st of all his 2 personas were joined together in that same onyxia comic.
    2nd of all following the idea above, he exploded and since he is together he is DEAD
    3rd of all in the son of the wolf comic, shalamayne is alltogether there with anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    1st of all his 2 personas were joined together in that same onyxia comic.
    2nd of all following the idea above, he exploded and since he is together he is DEAD
    3rd of all in the son of the wolf comic, shalamayne is alltogether there with anduin.

Yes when his 2 personas were joined together so too were the swords which formed Shalamayne. My theory is both Varians had their own souls that were tied to their respective swords since the aggressive Varian received Ellemayne and the docile Varian received Shalla'tor. Therefore that Varian that was was utterly destroyed was the Agressive since we only saw Ellemayne's flame die out.
    Last edited by Ndogg; 2016-08-11 at 03:44 PM. Reason: changed wording

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Varian confirmed for another artifact like the fishing one. Customize him as you wish !
    Can you turn him into a spider egg incubator similar to bears in Hillsbrad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I am amazed so many people thought that this idea of "Varians not dead" is something that's world changing, as though nobody would see it coming.

EVERYONE sees this potential, therefore it would be really really silly on blizzards part to actually go through with it.

I'm happy to see people catching on to blizzards techniques though: A character dies "Lets resurrect him later, they wont see that coming"

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll be sent to an alternate timeline to save Varian from Gul'dan

Yes when his 2 personas were joined together so too were the swords which formed Shalamayne. My theory is both Varians had their own souls that were tied to their respective swords since the aggressive Varian received Ellemayne and the docile Varian received Shalla'tor. Therefore that Varian that was was utterly destroyed was the Agressive since we only saw Ellemayne's flame die out.
    This doesn't work because you see both swords have their flame go out with Horde and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This doesn't work because you see both swords have their flame go out with Horde and Alliance.
    You only see his main hand sword flame out at the end of both faction cinematics felguards seen from Genns POV, Alliance dead from Sylvana's POV. He drops his offhand after a felguard slashes him in the back.
    Last edited by Ndogg; 2016-08-11 at 04:41 PM. Reason: edited

15+ Year Old Account
    You only see his main hand sword flame out and the end of both faction cinematics. He drops his offhand after a felguard slashes him in the back.
    u see both swords flames go out...the ally sees one and the horde sees the other. Watch the video u can tell they are 2 different swords

Same sword seen from different POV at Varians death spot.

I hope they don't bring him back or do some sort of silly gorefiend monster version of him. While I wouldn't mind killing him a few more times Guldan finished him off.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking today about the current big name deaths in wow, and it occurs to me, that though all the whining and fan tears of varian being killed, when we get down to it, this has been needed, given how unfair the status of deaths have been on the horde side in recent years.

The alliance have not lost any major players in his tapestry for some time now, one could argue characters like Arthas was an alliance character, but the fact he became his own faction split from it can conclude he was long gone from the alliance way of thinking for years. The alliance lost some big names in wc3, like Uther and prior to that Lothar, but its been a long time since its lost a major character from its ranks, and Bolvar doesn't count since he's still alive. Alternative timeline velen died but he isn't our velen.

Now look at the horde, in recent years, its lost Cairne, one of the founding leaders of the current horde, Garrosh, who despite going down the same path of villainy Arthas did he wasn't far out of his status as warchief before he died, some still counting him as their fav warchief, and now we have Vol'jin, another founding leader of the current horde. And with Thrall hardly in the picture anymore, the horde as it was formed by the founding leaders just isn't the same horde it was, while the alliance pretty much remained the same it always has done.

Varian's death is something that makes up for the horde having taken so many heavy blows, not from a story narrative, but from a writers narrative in whats fair. Infact, Vol'jin being killed now, just as a means to satisfy the alliance players so they don't cry bias again on twitter, when vol'jin hasn't even had any character development, unlike Varian who has had a load of development, it just makes vol'jins death that much more petty from a writing standpoint, and why nobody seems to care.

No, I don't think so. If Varian was still alive that would mean he would probably be the king again in the future but we know that an aged Anduin is the High King of the Alliance in the far future.

The only reasonable speculation regarding Varian's death was when he split Shalamayne underwater in the Legion Cinematic and that was the first time we saw that he could do that. So there was speculation that he 'split' into Lo'gosh and while Lo'gosh continued on fighting the Legion, real Varian drowned and died.

But now we know that Varian could split Shalamayne whenever he wanted so that theory is dead. He exploded real good, and he got as good of a death as Blizzard is capable of writing.