Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont think Mardum is part of the nether
    Mardum was the world that Sargeras used to imprison demons before he turned evil. Whether or not it is in the TN is immaterial because it is completely drenched in fel energy and has been for a million years or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Mardum was the world that Sargeras used to imprison demons before he turned evil. Whether or not it is in the TN is immaterial because it is completely drenched in fel energy and has been for a million years or so.
    Forgive my lacking knowledge here but from where do we know that its the fel energy that makes them permanently killable

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Forgive my lacking knowledge here but from where do we know that its the fel energy that makes them permanently killable
    World of Warcraft: Chronicle volume 1 page 23 (see OP).

It has always been common knowledge before Chronicle, but now it's canonically confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Actually, what I find more curious is that you are sacrificed in order to use your soul as fuel to power the portal. You do just that, so how is there any soul left to reclaim the body?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    We know 1 thing about the immortal soul of a demon: If a demon dies while in the twisting nether or a location heavily overflowing with fel energy, the soul dies permanently[1].
    The bolded part is new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phram View Post
    Actually, what I find more curious is that you are sacrificed in order to use your soul as fuel to power the portal. You do just that, so how is there any soul left to reclaim the body?
    Jeez I hadn't event thought of that.
    Maybe the soul was powerful enough to power it and still be capable of reviving?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The bolded part is new to me.
    Well it says so in World of Warcraft: Chronicle volume 1, which right now is about as canon as it gets.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

What worse is that you not just sacrifice your life, your soul is used to power that gate. So even with immortal soul you just should not be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Well it says so in World of Warcraft: Chronicle volume 1, which right now is about as canon as it gets.
    Actually, no, it doesn't say so in Chronicle. It said that you can only kill them in the Nether, or places saturated with the Nether / Burning Legion's energies ("The only way to kill demons permanently was to slay them in the Nether, or in areas of the Great Dark Beyond saturated with that volatile realm's energies" - Chronicle). Fel is one of the Nether's (or the Legion's) energies, but it wasn't stated anywhere that the Nether's energies consist of ONLY fel or the Legion only used Fel energy (there is, for example, arcane there too). For all we know, Nether's energies might be a mixture of both arcane and fel.

Also, it's also questionable if the Mardum in Legion is still considered "utterly saturated" with Fel. It's true that it was filled with Fel before Sargeras shattered it. However, after Sargeras shattered it, it wouldn't be too far off if the Fel energy dissipated somewhat. After all, those fel energy already gave off a blast big enough to consume Sargeras and open a hole in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by WoolferRU View Post
    What worse is that you not just sacrifice your life, your soul is used to power that gate. So even with immortal soul you just should not be resurrected.
    Simple theory - your soul was powerful enough that powering the gate didn't take entirely of it. There were enough left over so it could reform itself.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-11 at 03:38 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Mardum is not in the Nether, it was specifically designed by Sargeras to keep demons from reforming in the Nether and instead to reform in their prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Mardum is not in the Nether, it was specifically designed by Sargeras to keep demons from reforming in the Nether and instead to reform in their prisons.
    It was actually specifically designed by Sargeras as a pocket dimension in the Nether. It only materialized in the physical universe much later, after it overflowed with Fel energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    With Aggramar able to hold his own in battle, Sargeras had time to closely study the properties of the Twisting nether and find a way to contain demons. Though he hadn't yet grasped the volatile realm's full scale, he had learned how to manipulate and shape some of its energies. Sargeras used this knowledge to forge a prison within the Nether. Known as Mardum, the Plane of Banishment, it would act as an impregnable pocket dimension from which nothing could escape.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Again, being in the Twisting Nether is NOT the only situation where a demon can be killed permanently...

It's almost as if people don't read the original post.