Gallywix should have been the Warchief!

Jesus may have walked on water but Gallywix walks on (goblin) bitches. I want someone COOL for once to be the Warchief!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Gallywix only wishes he could be as cool as Mekkatorque was in the cinematic.

Gallywix should have been in SoO in place of Siegecrafter Blackfuse. That would have made so much more sense. Even has the same VO. It's like it was meant to be him but last second Blizzard decided to insert some random NPC

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphirus View Post
    Gallywix only wishes he could be as cool as Mekkatorque was in the cinematic.
    Sorry, Gnomes aren't now or ever going to be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Jesus may have walked on water but Gallywix walks on (goblin) bitches. I want someone COOL for once to be the Warchief!
    FUCK NO!

This guy would've torn the Horde apart, sold it piece by piece if he didn't need it.

Though, would've opened an interesting chapter of him starting a war against the other cartels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Nah, but their Gnomish Hunter Pets are kindda awesome.

Though, the High Tinker's mech was kindda awesome too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Sylvanas > All. Can't wait to see where she takes us. Gallywix is just money-hungry, not much else.

- - - Updated - - -

Subjective, I think all races are cool in their own right. Yes, even the humans.

While I'd normally agree with this statement, Mekkatorque, the Gnome racial leader, -did- sort of blast a demon in the face, meanwhile Gallywix decided to crawl out of whatever hole he stuffs himself in to make a cameo after the fighting, I guess.

You know, on the note of goblins, (yes, this is a bit off topic), you'd think that Gazlowe would be giving Gallywix a run for his money after how much building and contracting he's been doing the last two expansions. He's -gotta- be one rich goblin by now.

This sounds like a troll post hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Necroofeelya View Post
    This sounds like a troll post hahah
    Come on man, it would be such a...different WoW if Gallywix was the Warchief or something. I don't get why people are all raaar grimdark world of WARcraft world of thrones and stuff, and still shit on RPers when they come across them. It doesn't compute.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Come on man, it would be such a...different WoW if Gallywix was the Warchief or something. I don't get why people are all raaar grimdark world of WARcraft world of thrones and stuff, and still shit on RPers when they come across them. It doesn't compute.
    You're right it would be different. In that WoW, we would be attacking Orgrimmar with all the races banded together to take down Gallywix... wait I think we did that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You're right it would be different. In that WoW, we would be attacking Orgrimmar with all the races banded together to take down Gallywix... wait I think we did that before.
    I think my primary qualm is that nobody takes a chance anymore...everybody's set in their own comfy way - I, too, am, but I am at least old, still it would be refreshing to see a PLOT TWEEEST maybe not Shalamayne proportions but imagine Loa telling Vol'jin to make Gallywix the Warchief. Man, that'd be some fucking story!

I mean just picture it: Gallywix would probably try to reason or make a deal with the Legion at first, try to bribe them. If it doesn't work, maybe accept that money doesn't solve everything, and his responsibilities as a Warchief now requires him to be more than just a Trade Prince, maybe the Prince of Azeroth?

It'd just be great character development for a character who is important in lore but left to rot on his own, maybe he'd have an actual arc? I dunno, but I'd love to find out. I'd totally pay for that expansion!
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-08-11 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Gallywix should have been in SoO in place of Siegecrafter Blackfuse. That would have made so much more sense. Even has the same VO. It's like it was meant to be him but last second Blizzard decided to insert some random NPC
    I honestly think this was going to happen. Imagine how much more impact that entire thing would have had if Gallywix had been a boss in SoO.

I have the hunch that they were going to send him to the chopping block but decided at the last minute to throw in some throwaway "mercenary" group because they decided they wanted to do something with him in Legion/future expansion. It makes complete sense that it was at one point going to be Gallywix because Garrosh had subjugated the goblins and forced them to work throughout his campaign. They even make a big deal out of showing a small group of Bilgewater goblins being fed up to the point of rebelling against Garrosh, and Gallywix conspicuously absent ingame.

Seriously, Blackfuse has the exact same voice with the exact same tone (the same actor does many goblins but note that he does a good job changing his tone for virtually every other noteworthy NPC), acts and even rides a giant augmented shredder just like Gallywix.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-08-11 at 04:34 PM.

I mean just picture it: Gallywix would probably try to reason or make a deal with the Legion at first, try to bribe them. If it doesn't work, maybe accept that money doesn't solve everything, and his responsibilities as a Warchief now requires him to be more than just a Trade Prince, maybe the Prince of Azeroth?
    The only reason he's still not trying to sell his people anymore after being confronted by Thrall (who he tried to beat up and sell as well) is because he got caught. Should he try anything like that again he'd do it secretly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I honestly think this was going to happen. Imagine how much more impact that entire thing would have had if Gallywix had been a boss in SoO.

I have the hunch that they were going to send him to the chopping block but decided at the last minute to throw in some throwaway "mercenary" group because they decided they wanted to do something with him in Legion/future expansion. It makes complete sense that it was at one point going to be Gallywix because Garrosh had subjugated the goblins and forced them to work throughout his campaign. They even make a big deal out of showing a small group of Bilgewater goblins being fed up to the point of rebelling against Garrosh, and Gallywix conspicuously absent ingame.

Seriously, Blackfuse has the exact same voice with the exact same tone (the same actor does many goblins but note that he does a good job changing his tone for virtually every other noteworthy NPC), acts and even rides a giant augmented shredder just like Gallywix.
    I think it was going to be him and IDK why they decided against it. He's been an absentee throughout all of the Horde stories, and the few moments he does appear he's an asshat. He finally got his first line of dialogue since the Cataclysm starting zone in the Broken Shore scenario, which is just him being as one-dimensional as ever (Why would the Legion do this... there is no profit in it!").

He hates Thrall, Garrosh was putting his cartel to work making bank most likely in the process. He had no reason to dislike Garrosh as Goblins were a welcome member within the Kor'kron and the new Horde (he even took them WITH HIM to Draenor for cryin' out loud). It would have been a satisfying kill for Goblin players who hate him for all their problems.

My guess as to why he was cut out was so Horde players didn't lose 2 faction leaders in the same raid and maybe they felt a faction leader deserves a cinematic death and they just didn't want to make another one. Either way, Gallywix is a waste of a potentially strong Goblin lore character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphirus View Post
    While I'd normally agree with this statement, Mekkatorque, the Gnome racial leader, -did- sort of blast a demon in the face,
    I admit, that part was pretty awesome. I guess they can be cool every now and then.

I think my primary qualm is that nobody takes a chance anymore...everybody's set in their own comfy way - I, too, am, but I am at least old, still it would be refreshing to see a PLOT TWEEEST maybe not Shalamayne proportions but imagine Loa telling Vol'jin to make Gallywix the Warchief. Man, that'd be some fucking story!

It'd just be great character development for a character who is important in lore but left to rot on his own, maybe he'd have an actual arc? I dunno, but I'd love to find out. I'd totally pay for that expansion!
    I will go ahead and say that not everyone craps on RPers. Playing the story for the lore is a great way to escape reality. Its the people that get married on this game legitly that I am just, wut about. Still though. I don't go and crap on their lives for doing what they want to do.

Back to main point. Just no. I'm sorry man. Gallaywix is just...So not important. Honestly. I do not see any reason why he shows up in some cinematics. Like when he was there for the Garrosh sentencing. To me, I see the goblin race in the horde as the scientist. Mechanical engineer extraordinaire. The underdogs that make war more explosive. BUT. Just and only that. They are money hungry as well. They are important to the horde for the sole purpose of technology. You don't see scientist in the front lines fighting hand to hand combat. Sure, you can role a goblin in WoW which is whatever.

Sure, Gallaywix can be given some character development. Not as war chief though.. Warchief is a title given to the strategist. It is given to those that want the best interest of the horde as a whole (Sylv is questionable about that part), but more importantly see value in their individual race as well and that they will be the greater good for the world.
    Gallaywix betrayed his own race. Hell, the race of goblins do nothing but bicker and fight over money. Selling each other as slaves. Idk, I just think goblins are a greedy race and do not hold the honor suitable as even being a suitable officer in the horde.

What did you mean by "I don't get why people are all raaar grimdark world of WARcraft world of thrones and stuff"?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Saurfang for Warchief. Should've been him right after Garrosh. Gallywix wouldn't even know what to do and the Horde would be so disorganized that it would just end up with a vote to kick him off the throne. If not Saurfang, then Baine. I could totally stand behind a Tauren warchief. Man that'd be equally as awesome as a Warchief Saurfang. Warchief Baine Bloodhoof. It's fitting.

On a side note I really wish Blizzard would involve Gamon into the story a little bit. Make him into a bodyguard for the Warchief or something. He was so badass in SoO you'd think he would've became something after that from proving how much of an absolute badass he is. Like a Horde version of being knighted.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-11 at 10:02 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    All these threads are literal cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which will Gallywix appear more often now in Legion?
    He has been very absent for most of the expansions.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Speaking of which will Gallywix appear more often now in Legion?
    He has been very absent for most of the expansions.
    Hopefully not.