Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    If you can point out a reason that MoP sucked besides "kung fu pandas and lfr nub" ill donate my asshole for you to do with as you please.

There was nothing wrong with MoP aside from the shallow bullshit that people typically complain about. Was a great xpac. The rep grinds in the first patch was quite dull but that's it.
    Mop was a terrible expansion. Just terrible.

• Terrible theme
    • Terrible raids
    • Terrible and uninspired daily grind
    • Terrible valor system
    • Completely wrecked gearing with the bonus roll bullshit
    • Pet battles as a major feature, really? Let me say that again, PET. BATTLES.
    • Scenarios? really? REALLY?? re-hashed parts of the world with mob objective grinds. Oh hey, lets just call that small group content and not add any dungeons through the entire expansion.
    • Terrible story, terrible lore, terrible execution of patch cycles. Adding zerg fest northern barrens shit, adding a pet and calling it a patch doesn't do anyone ANY good. Might as well been the twitter patch in Mop.

Is that enough reason? Should I go on?

Mop by far was the worst expansion to date, and thats a fact.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2016-08-11 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Way too many dailies at the start.

That horrid time when I had to run Rune of Power as it was back then.

Balancing (warlocks and pally tanks gamebreakingly OP at times, some bosses on 10 man 1 healed while grand empress took 4 healers....)

Pandas, Chinese theme just not my thing.
    Rune of Power was actually overpowered if you used it to it's full potential. You were balanced around something like 70% uptime and most mages were trying for 90-100 which meant more dps than you were meant to have.

Also there weren't "too many" there pretty much were as many as you've had before and since. People just were mad that other reps were locked behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

• Terrible theme
    • Terrible raids
    • Terrible valor system
    • Scenarios? really? REALLY?? re-hashed parts of the world with mob objective grinds. Oh hey, lets just call that small group content and not add any dungeons through the entire expansion.
    • Terrible story, terrible lore, terrible execution of patch cycles. Adding zerg fest northern barrens shit, adding a pet and calling it a patch doesn't do anyone ANY good. Might as well been the twitter patch in Mop.

You forgot setting the stage for the faceroll LFR in WoD while still awarding tier gear. Nazgrim is the biggest example of that. You could 100% attack Nazgrim during defensive stance on LFR without him gaining more rage than he would in battle stance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Things wrong with MOP:

-Daily quest overload in patch 5.0
    -Legendary cape
    -Too short first tier (MV, HOF, TES)
    -Far too long last tier (SOO)
    -Few and too easy 5-man dungeons (very fast obsoletization)

Minor things:
    -Hit and Expertise + Reforging; it made getting upgrades a pain
    -Valor Pts in 5.4 not used for any gear; just upgrades

Nothing of that is really detrimental, maybe with the exception of 14-month SOO thing - that did costed a lot of subs.

I love when people say "pandas lol". I care about the game being fun to play, not about cosmetics like that. WOD is the exact opposite of MOP - it's savage, brutal, dirty and corrupted. But it didn't helped; it was much less fun to play than MOP.
    The whole legendary cloak went 100% against what they had said literally the last expansion before MoP about not wanting everyone to have Dragonwrath. The blues literally had said "Having a legendary that everyone has takes away from it being legendary" then poof in MoP and WoD everyone gets one.

10+ Year Old Account

• Terrible theme
    • Terrible raids
    • Terrible valor system

The only thing that's a fact here is how much a joke this post is.

• Terrible theme
    • Terrible raids
    • Terrible valor system

Mop by far was the worst expansion to date, and thats my opinion.
    Fixed.
    Sounds like personal shit. Saying terrible theme is another example of shallow reasons, wod had a great theme but was total dogshit. The raids were terrible? Consider yourself the minority, most loved mop raiding. Bitch about scenarios then turn around and bitch about lack of content. Pet battles is a given but... Don't do them? Lfr is faceroll but again it's avoidable, and at some point even mythic becomes faceroll so get real.

We all have our opinions but your reasons are pretty invalid and many would disagree with you. Not one of your reasons indicates an actual regression in quality of the game and mostly comes off as a bitchy rant about why mop wasn't catering to your personal desires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The whole legendary cloak went 100% against what they had said literally the last expansion before MoP about not wanting everyone to have Dragonwrath. The blues literally had said "Having a legendary that everyone has takes away from it being legendary" then poof in MoP and WoD everyone gets one.
    I 100% agree here.

Having welfare legendaries in a game is not good for it. At least in Legion the legendaries are varied and you have a POSSIBLE chance of finding one appropriate to your class. Not a guarantee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Fixed.
    Sounds like personal shit. Saying terrible theme is another example of shallow reasons, wod had a great theme but was total dogshit. The raids were terrible? Consider yourself the minority, most loved mop raiding. Bitch about scenarios then turn around and bitch about lack of content. Pet battles is a given but... Don't do them? Lfr is faceroll but again it's avoidable, and at some point even mythic becomes faceroll so get real.

We all have our opinions but your reasons are pretty invalid and many would disagree with you. Not one of your reasons indicates an actual regression in quality of the game and mostly comes off as a bitchy rant about why mop wasn't catering to your personal desires.
    Furthermore, LOLFR giving out tier?

get the fuck outta hea!

LFR continuing the expectation of players wanting everything just given to them with no effort?

get the fuck outta hea!

As far as theme goes... panda bears as a playable race, and a WHOLE expansion theme based around them??? Thats not World of Warcraft, thats some asian mmo completely unfitting of a Warcraft game.

get the fuck outta hea!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was the Expansion that made me stop playing WoW until they announced WoD. I played MoP in the end but I didn't like a lot of things :
    -The Panda race
    -The Chinese design (too cliche and been done too often in RPGs)
    -Sad of raiding Orgrimmar, but wtv. Minor point compared to the Panda race grrrr....

The only thing I didn't like about MoP was Timeless Isle and all the free Timeless gear. Having said that I farmed them too.

It was my favorite expansion since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    For me it was the Expansion that made me stop playing WoW until they announced WoD. I played MoP in the end but I didn't like a lot of things :
    -The Panda race
    -The Chinese design (too cliche and been done too often in RPGs)
    -Sad of raiding Orgrimmar, but wtv. Minor point compared to the Panda race grrrr....
    Welp, as if we didn't have any bipedal animal-based races in the game, same for cliches everywhere. :v

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Welp, as if we didn't have any bipedal animal-based races in the game, same for cliches everywhere. :v
    It's not that it's an animal race. No problem with that. It just felt weird, I remember that back then it was the KongFu Panda big hit everywhere. It sounded wrong to me. Always thought the Panda race was a Easter Egg joke of Blizz....

A lot of cliché in WoW yup. But the Chinese one meh. Dunno I had enough of it

For me, the only thing wrong with MoP was that it came after Cata. Cata burned me and my husband out bad. I LOVED MoP. Everything about it was awesome! The fuzzy cute Pandas, the art style, environment, the story..etc. We leveled and raided some with MV but quit soon after. Our quitting had nothing to do with MoP but that we've been playing since Vanilla and raiding since BC. We took a two year break and came back with the tokens. Honestly, we've spent more time in MoP than in WoD. We skipped raiding this time around and just enjoyed the game. If MoP had come before Cata it would've been the bomb for me!
    Last edited by Safhira; 2016-08-11 at 07:15 PM.

It's not that it's an animal race. No problem with that. It just felt weird, I remember that back then it was the KongFu Panda big hit everywhere. It sounded wrong to me. Always thought the Panda race was a Easter Egg joke of Blizz....

But the race was in lore Warcraft 3 and that was before Kung fu panda.
    It was just you and other players that tied it to there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    How about completely gutting dungeons, so they only "content" at end game was raids or dailies?
    They had challenge modes dungeons and they were actually challenging. We had raids, dailies, brawlers guild, scenarios, world zones, a world pvp hub, pet battles, pvp, and gathering profession were actually useful.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-08-11 at 07:38 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Transmog on pandas looked horrible and the nerfs to dungeons. Pretty decent otherwise also annoyed timeles isle wasnt CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Transmog on pandas looked horrible and the nerfs to dungeons. Pretty decent otherwise also annoyed timeles isle wasnt CRZ.
    Pvp was also garbage but it's always been garbage.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

MoP ripped off Kung-fu Panda as much as WotLK ripped off How To Train Your Dragon, and Chinese clichés fit in WoW as well as Viking clichés (and way more than the sci-fi theme of TBC.)