Thread: Wow Raiding

Wow Raiding

Do you guys find it sad that the best guilds in the world are able to down the newest content, on the hardest difficulty, in just a few months. I remember all the way back to 2009 when the new content would with out a doubt take some time to down, even for the top guilds at the time like Paragon, Vodka, and Blood Legion. Now I read a blue post claiming the "top two guilds in the world will race through the newest raid content on the hardest difficulty" during some convention. I used to be addicted to PVE, now it just seems like some simple task to do, and the only real challenging thing left is PVP. I'm not saying I wanted a chance to be world first, but if the top guilds are downing this content before the actual expansion releases, then whats the point of it? Do you people feel the same? To summarize this post, I feel if the top guilds are able to clear this content without breaking a sweat, why should I even be interested in entering this new content if its that easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    paragon killed mythic archimonde after 675 wipes.
    method did it after 472 wipes.

its not getting easier, people just have enough time and rush the shit in.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Also back then there were no teleports, corpse run took a lot longer, plus other QoL such as CDs now reset on wipe, back then you would wait for BL/Hero timer before going again.

So now they get more tries within the same amount of time.

And dont forget addons. First time we did aq40 and naxx40 we had no timers telling us what was going to happen. We had to wing everything. A guild like paragon at its finest in MC when it was fresh with addons. They would wipe the floor with rag in less than 1 hour and half. 1 try per boss.

link to blue post?

Are you sure it wasn't a competition using HFC? or a comp way after legion is released. i mean help us out here and at least link the blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    Do you guys find it sad that the best guilds in the world are able to down the newest content, on the hardest difficulty, in just a few months. I remember all the way back to 2009 when the new content would with out a doubt take some time to down, even for the top guilds at the time like Paragon, Vodka, and Blood Legion. Now I read a blue post claiming the "top two guilds in the world will race through the newest raid content on the hardest difficulty" during some convention. I used to be addicted to PVE, now it just seems like some simple task to do, and the only real challenging thing left is PVP. I'm not saying I wanted a chance to be world first, but if the top guilds are downing this content before the actual expansion releases, then whats the point of it? Do you people feel the same? To summarize this post, I feel if the top guilds are able to clear this content without breaking a sweat, why should I even be interested in entering this new content if its that easy.
    You misread the Blue post. They are live streaming a mythic+ dungeon (5-man) run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Also back then there were no teleports, corpse run took a lot longer, plus other QoL such as CDs now reset on wipe, back then you would wait for BL/Hero timer before going again.

So now they get more tries within the same amount of time.
    That's true I completely forgot about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    You misread the Blue post. They are live streaming a mythic+ dungeon (5-man) run.
    OH I thought it was the raids already haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    why should I even be interested in entering this new content if its that easy.
    lol @ you for thinking you are on the same level as world first guilds.

if you wanna live vicariously and pretend you are as good as others at the raids then im not going to convince you of anything but quitting. just leave wow and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Who cares anymore worlds first havent been relevant since tbc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.