Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post

Oh fun times, eeeeeh nope. Seeing as how there is no time paradox because Kairoz created the 2nd Draenor, it's an alternate universe
    He did not create it. He helped navigate to and select it, but did not create it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I agree it makes not sense...but there's the rub. That is what is canon.
    They said originally they weren't going to do that, but something about a time crunch. They did tweet that Archimonde is in fact dead for good, but they didn't make 2 cinematics.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is some debate on whether or not Sargeras was a Titan though, at least to my knowledge. Some say he was a soldier, other say he was a titan. Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? I would like to know the official stance.
    Yes, he was a titan. Is a titan, although so fel-infused by now that he's undoubtedly something more. Source: Chronicle Vol. 1 and other lore going back for years.

No matter how many patches and bandaids they put upon it: The story is not consistent anymore. If there is one legion that transcends all realities, then it can also see MU future reality --> would see it would lose --> fix the stuff that makes them lose -- > win --> win would be for nothing because there are still a bazillion worlds where they lose. The whole story would be more logical if its a completely separate legion. But they had to justify why we should even care for WoD and thats whats come out of it.

At this point I think its better to change the story like this: Thrall gets drunk and all of WoD is just his dream. They should retcon that shit while its still fresh. Just pretend it never happened. Add a button to instantly level up 10 levels to skip it. WoD is free now anyway wouldnt even lose money. Plus, we didn't actually see what happened to Guldan at Sargeras Tomb in WC3, its just heavily implied. You can use him anyhow.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2016-08-11 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post

i have seen all cinematics, but thats doesnt answer my question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    all saying "gul'dan" but what about cordana?????? does she come back to our dimension like everyone else?
    yes, cordana follows the legion back to azeroth.

Formerly known as Arafal

So Gul'Dan is death and at the same time alive? Schrödingers Orc!
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Just a shard, so yes he could. Edit: I should probably clarify that we don't actually know how much a "shard" is, or whether someone can be brought back without it. However, given the amount of retcons and re-writes Blizzard has pulled over the years, it wouldn't be particularly hard to write a story arc in which Gul'dan is brought back.

Yep. Killed by demons inside the Tomb of Sargeras.

Yeah, there's no real way of doing this without it becoming a mess. This was always going to be the case, and it always is with time travel. Regardless of what sort of plot the writers come up with, you can always just go: "Well, just pop back some time before the plot and alter it." There's just no way around that.
    Actually they already dealt with that. Our Azeroths timeline can not be tampered with anymore after the events of End Time you can't just go back in time and change it. That is why Garrosh had to go to an Alternate Draenor to create the Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Ahhhh ok. That makes a ton more sense now. I really appreciate the time you guys took to respond. I only watched a friend play WC3 (he was a greedy bastard and I was poor lol) so I must have missed that.
    To be fair, all that stuff with Gul'dan actually happened in Warcraft 2. There's just one mission in Warcraft 3 that flashes back to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Actually they already dealt with that. Our Azeroths timeline can not be tampered with anymore after the events of End Time you can't just go back in time and change it. That is why Garrosh had to go to an Alternate Draenor to create the Iron Horde.
    They said nothing of the sort in End Time. It also wasn't Garrosh's idea to go back in time and create the Iron Horde; Kairoz was the one who took him there, for purposes that were never entirely explained before Garrosh killed him and took advantage of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    To be fair, all that stuff with Gul'dan actually happened in Warcraft 2. There's just one mission in Warcraft 3 that flashes back to it.

- - - Updated - - -

They said nothing of the sort in End Time. It also wasn't Garrosh's idea to go back in time and create the Iron Horde; Kairoz was the one who took him there, for purposes that were never entirely explained before Garrosh killed him and took advantage of the situation.
    Something about having infinite armies so he wouldn't be anyone's bitch anymore and collecting money from all his tricks and offing other pimps moving in on his territory....something like that.

Something about having infinite armies so he wouldn't be anyone's bitch anymore and collecting money from all his tricks and offing other pimps moving in on his territory....something like that.
    Yeah, he wanted an uncorrupted Horde for something, but it wasn't clear what his ultimate goal was--especially since he seemed to have been working for Wrahtion. My theory is that he wanted an infinitely large army of orcs from across a myriad of timelines in order to oppose the Legion, while a lot of other people are convinced he specifically wanted to attack Azeroth with the Iron Horde to force the Alliance and Horde to unite together and be better prepared to face the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Just a shard, so yes he could. Edit: I should probably clarify that we don't actually know how much a "shard" is, or whether someone can be brought back without it. However, given the amount of retcons and re-writes Blizzard has pulled over the years, it wouldn't be particularly hard to write a story arc in which Gul'dan is brought back.

Yep. Killed by demons inside the Tomb of Sargeras.

Yeah, there's no real way of doing this without it becoming a mess. This was always going to be the case, and it always is with time travel. Regardless of what sort of plot the writers come up with, you can always just go: "Well, just pop back some time before the plot and alter it." There's just no way around that.
    uhh no, all of it was consumed, the skull was a artifact of INSANE power, but after illidan consumed the power it became so weak that it just had a minor fragment of power left in it, and you can see that as we actualtly got the trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

So if anyone knows i would really like to know.
    MU = Main Universe (classic to MoP + Legion); AU = Alternative Universe (WoD)

AU Guldan was sent to the Vault of Wardens on MU Azeroth by Archimonde during the encounter in HFC to kidnap the soulless body of Illidan. Why they need their body is still unknown. There's only one Burning Legion throught out all alternative multiverses -- this is better explained by lore books like Chronicle or the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    MU = Main Universe (classic to MoP + Legion); AU = Alternative Universe (WoD)

AU Guldan was sent to the Vault of Wardens on MU Azeroth by Archimonde during the encounter in HFC to kidnap the soulless body of Illidan. Why they need their body is still unknown. There's only one Burning Legion throught out all alternative multiverses -- this is better explained by lore books like Chronicle or the Internet.
    But is further confused by showing Mannaroth die twice in very different times of the pseudo shared time line. At least Gromm did it both times. And other such examples.

Edit: I totally understand that canon is that the burning legion is is the same through out all alternative multiverses. It's just odd when they do things that seem to contradict that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    i have seen all cinematics, but thats doesnt answer my question.
    You asked where Cordana is. 0:55 to 1:15 answers your question

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    He did not create it. He helped navigate to and select it, but did not create it.
    He created it or otherwise "unlock" it. It's a hell of a lot better explanation as to why the Legion is now attacking our Azeroth rather than another one if they can travel cross dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don't worry, there's a good reason you're lost. Blizzard doesn't write their lore in the normal logical way. It is always an afterthought.
    Blizz lore is written fine it's about as complicated as a pre-school book. It's pretty simple to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Blizz lore is written fine it's about as complicated as a pre-school book. It's pretty simple to follow.
    pssshhhhhfwaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah as the tittle says i have a lot of doubts about the story so far.

Illidan: this illidan gul´dan finds it is not WOD dimension one, because that form he has, is the result of absorbing gul´dan skull, so because WOD gul´dan is alive and kicking, it is not the illidan of WOD dimension ,so what dimension does he belong to?

The Burning Legion: which one are we fighting against? the one from our dimension, or the burning legion from WOD dimension, because i have no clue of which of the 2 is it.

So if anyone knows i would really like to know.

what i dont get is whts with the legion ships in the air. WTF is that. And when you get close to them you insta die.

But is further confused by showing Mannaroth die twice in very different times of the pseudo shared time line. At least Gromm did it both times. And other such examples.

Edit: I totally understand that canon is that the burning legion is is the same through out all alternative multiverses. It's just odd when they do things that seem to contradict that.
    I understand where you're coming from, but we also dont know how events play out in all multiverses. Maybe Grom killing Mannoroth only happens in 1% of all of them, so he kind of expects it to not happen. I know its stupid, but its the current canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but we also dont know how events play out in all multiverses. Maybe Grom killing Mannoroth only happens in 1% of all of them, so he kind of expects it to not happen. I know its stupid, but its the current canon.
    This is why I don't like time travel stuff. It's confusing enough that it gives them cart blanche to be like "ehhh, meh, you know time travel stuff". Worse than the Legion conundrum though is that here we have Thrall, WITH the doomhammer and Durotan says nothing about it. They even go out of their way in legion to point out that thrall had it and that he used it in WoD. But when asked Blizzard is all "not touching that with a 10ft pole" "but it's your story..." *metzen puts his hands over his ears* "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA"

This is why I don't like time travel stuff. It's confusing enough that it gives them cart blanche to be like "ehhh, meh, you know time travel stuff". Worse than the Legion conundrum though is that here we have Thrall, WITH the doomhammer and Durotan says nothing about it. They even go out of their way in legion to point out that thrall had it and that he used it in WoD. But when asked Blizzard is all "not touching that with a 10ft pole" "but it's your story..." *metzen puts his hands over his ears* "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA"
    Also dont understand why "the Elements" of AU Dreanor abandoning Thrall affects him on MU Azeroth. Last time I checked he rescued the planet in his role as World Shaman. Very stupid.