Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    DH seems like a fun class to explore their story and experience their class hall, I will not be playing mine beyond that.

What I hate is how much I am enjoying WW. I have been a DK main since Wrath and planned on continuing to do so, but I think I'm jumping on the monk bandwagon in Legion.

For those saying they like the DH (and those that say "omg it's too easy zero skill hurr durr") please keep in mind that it plays waaaaaay differently at 110 with all talents, especially if you're going to be raiding competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    DH seems like a fun class to explore their story and experience their class hall, I will not be playing mine beyond that.

What I hate is how much I am enjoying WW. I have been a DK main since Wrath and planned on continuing to do so, but I think I'm jumping on the monk bandwagon in Legion.
    WW is freaking fantastic right now. It will be my #1 alt.

What kind of dps are dh's doing now in pre-patch ? Havent tried dungeons or raids but i got about 30k on target dummy by using the autoattack talent and cleave talent. Tried adding the other talents with fel rush and retreat thingie and i did about 8k less. This was with around 690 ish ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Yes but not to that level of a DH, you can not make it simpler than it is on a DH currently. Otherwise you would press no button at all and only have autoattack running. At the moment, your rotation is like waiting for resource to build up through autoattack and then press 1 button. And every 30-60 seconds another button sometimes. That is the epitome of an easy rotation and boring gameplay. And no other class/specc is that simple.
    Oh so you are one of those terribads who aren't even Fel Rushing. K. I see a lot of you in LFR these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Actually in Wrath DK was the most common class at max lvl all the way through the expansion, and continue to be one of the most popular. Monks were the least popular through MoP however. Given that DH starts at a high level (even higher than DKs did relatively) and that they are a dark/edgy/cool class based on a very popular character, im guessing they will be very popular.
    The reason for this is that DKs were ridiculously broken at launch and Monks were horrendously undertuned at their launch. Tuning has and always will represent what is played en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    WW is freaking fantastic right now. It will be my #1 alt.
    I'm seriously considering making it my main. Maybe I'll shift my DK to a tank alt

Oh so you are one of those terribads who aren't even Fel Rushing. K. I see a lot of you in LFR these days.
    QFT - ran heroic HFC last night with about 8 DH alts, it was very apparent throughout the night who was using fel rush and making the most of the movement aspects of the dps rotation.

I'd also like to point out that the people who just used that 2 button rotation weren't normally melee.

Definitely room for skill, and it was proven in practice for me - using FR properly i was able to out-dps 700-720 DH's on my fresh 690 DH. (Bemoaning the lack of gear all night until i got a weapon on the last boss we did)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I hate how much I hate DHs. So much hype, so little delivery. I leveled one to 110 on the Beta. Unimpressed. Attacks feel underwhelming. Talents are largely passive things that aren't fun or interactive. Rush forward, jump back, more boring slashing. Glaive Toss? Pretty cool. Eye beam? Pretty cool. Aaaaaand, that's it. Definitely feels like a class for the plebs.
    Were you expecting illidan ultimate form the entire time(from WC3)? Hovering black skinned smoking beast shooting beams from hands and eyes?

For the plebs indeed. You're just the kind of person that makes this game fun. /s

So much this. I see so many people in lfr complaining that dh is boring and underpowered, while I actually play it as you should and do double their dps in the same gear. No one fel rushes and they take the talent that makes your spam spell passive into auto attacks. I'm with the OP. I kinda hate how much I'm loving DH. Been a priest since tbc and it's the first time I've considered swapping mains.

It's mildly entertaining until you find out how laughably squishy it is. No thanks. There will be plenty of them darting all over the place for the next few years, I'm sure.

And you're just the kind of person a boring, skill-less class was made for. It takes a lot of talent to play a class like DH. You should be proud of your anecdotal accomplishments. Congrats, pleb. And while your amusing attempt to put words and thoughts into my head as if they were on my own made me chuckle, your baseless assumption of what I expected of the class is way off. Nice try, though.
    You sounded like you hyped your expectations up so much that you're now disappointed about it. Asking what you expected isn't putting words in your mouth. It's being sarcastic about how stupid you sound complaining DH isn't what you expected when it's never been misrepresented at any point in the development process.

Your elitist attitude and assumptions about how this class is a "boring, skill-less class" mark you as even dumber than you seemed at first glance. While you may be able to press 2 buttons and beat your little sister at dps, the rest of us will actually play the class correctly and leave your elitist ass at the bottom of the charts.

I "sounded" like something? Huh, thought we were all reading and writing here. So let me get this straight, you read my post and, to you, I sounded like I had high expectations for a class and disappointed in how easy it is to play, and how little skill it requires to master, and I'm somehow wrong for that? It makes me elitist? But you can sit here and be sarcastic spoiled brat and pretend that you weren't condescending? You're the only one making assumptions. You sure you're not compensating for being an elitist yourself with comments like "leave your ass at the bottom of the charts"? You don't even know which class I play, and hate to break it to you, but DH doesn't perform at the top of the charts on Beta. Sooo... yeah. You sure you wanna go down this road, elfpleb? I think you should stick to what you're good at, which is apparently mastering an easy class with two talents. GG man. See ya at the bottom of the charts, or face down in PvP. Better start coping with the sadness now.
    Proving my point.

Thank you for the tantrum, highly amusing, i assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Unless you have data or at least outside sources to support this statement, its nothing but anecdotal. What DPS classes do bring special things to a raid group? Lust is the only raid buff left. DH at least has Darkness, it's a solid ability.
    Um my warrior still brings commanding shout which is a raid wide buff. Ret still brings BoP. Dks still bring death grip just not mass death grip. DHS bring darkness but its not the most reliable cd.

I made a DH expecting it to be only a alt, and yes it will only be a alt. It's not terrible, but it's not amazing either. Have to say though the starting zone is really good and you ding 100 really fast... i'd wish they would give us a "hero" option for every class (start at much higher lvl)... maybe one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fell in love with DH once I grabbed the Alliance flag in Twin Peaks and literally glided halfway across the map without being touched, then proceeded to double fel rush, VR, and jump glide to the horde base. I swear I capped the flag in like 30 seconds.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

I "sounded" like something? Huh, thought we were all reading and writing here.
    Trying too hard.

Deleted
    Just wait little bit,after some time people will leave this class alone!

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Just wait little bit,after some time people will leave this class alone!
    After crushing every other DH I've met in 5 man content this week so far I've decided I'm going to stick with it. It's clear that it'll be relatively easy to stand out as a solid player in a xXxIllidanxXx.

I don't even play DH, what are you talking about? Ok add a fel rush every 10 seconds to it, gz. Very complex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Yep I remb those days when in s5 UH's Garg could solo a mage. Dk could literally afk while his pets would kill mage in arena.

Edit: Yest my DH had 18% passive speed increase + fell rush + VR + 2x jump....well i felt like a freaking Flash after playing my main Ret after 7.0 patch lol. I def enjoying DH and the dmg is way way way better than Ret's despite we have only 2 talent rows unlocked. The only down side is a bad survival =(
    I remember that too, as a Shadow. Was very annoyed by it, was a horrible experience. And one of the reasons i never played shadow again. DKs were the main reason why blizzard ditched 2v2 bracket. I never played arena again seriously since then, It was just dumb :=)

Deleted
    just like someone said I have this fear that they will remove double jump and second charge on fel rush in the next expansion. lel