Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    For people who tried raids in the beta, how was the threat there? Currently seen alot of concerns about our threat right now, including me.
    The only valid concern atm is versus prot pallies and maybe DKs, which mostly goes away at 110 (pallies still have high threat and damage in their cooldown windows every 2 min). Threat against another tank ultimately doesn't matter, however, and it's just something you can work on with your co-tank. If you're having trouble with threat against a DPS you're doing something VERY wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Using it on Prepatch now. it's the best trinket for dps anyways.
    I guess if one doesn't care that much for DPS it's more or less irrelevant? Other then pure stat of survival and better healing potion effect?

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    According to Arielle on the druid discord, it does NOT currently work on Thick Hide from guardian spec (but it works on affinities). So we don't get 5% DR too, which actually makes it kinda bad.
    Then that is a bug, it states on its tooltip that it increases Thick Hide also. The tooltips for the passives don't update when its equipped.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-08-11 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I guess if one doesn't care that much for DPS it's more or less irrelevant? Other then pure stat of survival and better healing potion effect?
    None of the survival trinkets are that great either though. You might actually want to go for the BRF trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Then that is a bug, it states on its tooltip that it increases Thick Hide also. The tooltips for the passives don't update when its equipped.
    I tested on a tanking training dummy for a bit right now, and while there isn't enough data to be 100% certain, it does look like it works.
    Should grab a healer to keep me tanking longer and try for more data, i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I tested on a tanking training dummy for a bit right now, and while there isn't enough data to be 100% certain, it does look like it works.
    Should grab a healer to keep me tanking longer and try for more data, i suppose.
    Arielle tested in proving grounds with chomp. It definitely doesn't work.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's just not necessarily worded as well as it could be - but it's obvious that it's supposed to only affect the things that aren't your main thing, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    I don't think it's a bug, I think it's just not necessarily worded as well as it could be - but it's obvious that it's supposed to only affect the things that aren't your main thing, imo
    Just tested this theory on Beta Feral spec move speed no chest 145% with chest its 153%.

So its a Bug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    None of the survival trinkets are that great either though. You might actually want to go for the BRF trinkets.
    As I am dumb and didn't add that I am interested in the Legion version of it , then I doubt that BRF trinkets will be that good there :P

As I am dumb and didn't add that I am interested in the Legion version of it , then I doubt that BRF trinkets will be that good there :P
    Ow :d Then I can see how you're not very interested in the dps version Well trinkets in Legion are hard to come by (good ones at least). So if you can get your hands on an alchemy one it will definitely help. Some Mythic dungeon ones are good as well (There's one from Neltharion's lair with a really good on use). But you might not get it in time for raids to open.

EDIT: PreRaid trinkets that seem useful enough.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137538/o...ent&bonus=1826
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137440/s...one&bonus=1826

My favourite ones:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137400/c...due&bonus=1826
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137344/t...per&bonus=1826

Runner Up:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137362/p...ion&bonus=1826
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2016-08-12 at 11:36 AM.

its funny cuz all mythic dungeon trinkets are WAYYYY better than raid trinkets(both dps and tank ones)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just wondering, cause right now I am Leatherworker and finding time to level up alchemy for Legion seems very hard. Would having crafted gear make up for lack of a good trinket?
    The mythic trinkets seem decent enough for starters.
    At start of WoD I skipped mythic dungeons completely cause I just didn't manage to survive in those long enough as a bear... Hopefully this time around it feels lot more better and I get a shot at those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    its funny cuz all mythic dungeon trinkets are WAYYYY better than raid trinkets(both dps and tank ones)
    I haven't browsed any of the raid drops yet in wowhead so no clue how to any of the trinkets compare to each other´.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    How is that obvious? It explicitly lists the passive bonuses, not the Affinities, so the common sense assumption would be that it is meant to affect all of them. And in fact, it is programmed in a way that if it doesn't work for Guardian Thick Hide, it doesn't work for any Thick Hide, as all the Affinity does is giving other specs the regular passive.
    There is no Affinity Thick Hide. If i choose Guardian Affinity as Balance i get the same passive Guardians do.

I was just wondering, cause right now I am Leatherworker and finding time to level up alchemy for Legion seems very hard. Would having crafted gear make up for lack of a good trinket?
    The mythic trinkets seem decent enough for starters.
    At start of WoD I skipped mythic dungeons completely cause I just didn't manage to survive in those long enough as a bear... Hopefully this time around it feels lot more better and I get a shot at those.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't browsed any of the raid drops yet in wowhead so no clue how to any of the trinkets compare to each other´.
    3/4 nighthold trinks have shitty crit and the mastery one is from final boss so dont rely on that for progression
    emerald nightmare is better
    haste passive with ohshit proc
    agi passive with vers proc
    mastery passive with damage reduction debuff on enemy when they hit you

does moonfire scale from AP or SP for guardians? cuz if it scales from SP moonfire gets 0 dps benefit from mastery
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

So is it worth using boomkin affinity for DPS at all? It seems like in this post Arielle says it's not, but then after says it may be useful in mythics. If you do less damage then being in bear form, what's the point of switching? The only reason I could think of is a range limited scenario, but I'm not sure if that's the only thing he's referencing.

I'm switching to bear come Legion, so I'm fairly out of the loop on most things, so this may be a question that's already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyloris View Post
    So is it worth using boomkin affinity for DPS at all? It seems like in this post Arielle says it's not, but then after says it may be useful in mythics. If you do less damage then being in bear form, what's the point of switching? The only reason I could think of is a range limited scenario, but I'm not sure if that's the only thing he's referencing.

I'm switching to bear come Legion, so I'm fairly out of the loop on most things, so this may be a question that's already answered.
    If there's a lot of adds all crammed into one spot, you can use sunfire to put up an extra dot on everything. Balance affinity sunfire spreads just like balance spec's sunfire. Other than that, it seems like Balance affinity-moonkin does less dps than bear form.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2016-08-14 at 01:20 AM.

I belive boomkin affinity is great for aoe dps because of sunfire, but otherwise feral affinity decimates it for 1-2 target dps.. i don't know when boomkin gets above feral however.

Right on, thanks for the answers, I'll have to test it out and see where the breakpoint is. In regards to what Dreyen said, though, feral affinity is good enough for bear catting or no? It seems like based on the post just being in bear form out does bear-catting, but I could be misunderstanding.

Also, as far as pre-raid stuff, is the alch trinket worth having alch+herb instead of miner+herb?

Quote Originally Posted by Veyloris View Post
    Right on, thanks for the answers, I'll have to test it out and see where the breakpoint is. In regards to what Dreyen said, though, feral affinity is good enough for bear catting or no? It seems like based on the post just being in bear form out does bear-catting, but I could be misunderstanding.

Also, as far as pre-raid stuff, is the alch trinket worth having alch+herb instead of miner+herb?
    Pure cat form does less than bear form. But bearcatting can increase your dps by about 10-15%. Just use up all your energy, do 3-4 GCD's in bear form, use up energy again. If you're tanking, try and find breakpoints in the fight to keep up rake and rip.