Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm sorry to say, but it's true.

After playing both the Alliance and the Horde events several times, I have come to this conclusion.

Varian and the rest of the Alliance Chase Gul'dan to his doorstep. But before long, they get buttfucked by guys we've killed before. How? How do you just let Gul'dan summon them? How did you throw your advantage of numbers away like that?

The Mighty Varian is just standing there flirting with Gul'dan like he wants that fel energy all up in him. God only knows how many more mood swings he would have if he didn't get it.

Greymane stands there QQing about horde like a child still having accomplished nothing but running with his tail between his legs.

Mekkatorque is the only one who actually manages do anything but seems to be confused about what "ahead of you" means. before becoming background furniture.

And then Jaina is nowhere to be seen because she is, and always has been, the worst flake.

Alliance, I'm disappointed. That performance was just sad.

you had one job and just stood around waiting for the enemy to summon more forces to overwhelm you.
    Last edited by Dreaderick; 2016-08-11 at 08:34 PM.

As much im enjoying this discussion of AxH,whats the point having this many threads and they all end up in the same subject?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Only the fodder charged the Alliance the Lords of the Legion just stand there doing nothing.
    Irrelevant, alliance still had to deal with them as much as horde ''fodders'' had to deal with other demons

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Epic Post of Epicness
    Gosh darn. I don't bother logging on to post much but this post was worth it to give kudos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde failed as usual. This whole mess is their fault and they could have at least warned Alliance to get out sooner.

So you obviously didn't see that Portal that was opened up behind their lines with the Legion coming out of it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    3: Jaina is a fucking hypocrite for blaming the horde for what happened. She herself did the EXACT same thing that the horde did on the broken shore, the last time the legion invaded. She and her forces held archimonde on hyjal for as long as they could, but when they were overwhelmed, they sounded the retreat, and fled, rather than die pointlessly. Now she's giving shit to the horde, calling them dishonorable cowards, for doing what she herself did the last time the legion came a'knocking.

pretty sure it was planed out ahead of time that each group would be stalling for time then retreating, infact you have the group leaders talk about this before the battle in wc3. and Im 65% sure its metioned somewhere the that she helped with the evaction plan for the other camps too. So no its not the same as one group running away. i

and that is the only problem i have with his post.
    alliance had the brand name demons stronger then ever they been in the pass, with guldan fel magic. while the horde had to deal with alot more cannon fodder demons that overwhelmed them(voljin died to a trash mob^_^)
    Should the groups had met ahead of time and planed this shorty properly or at least communicated properly while flying there? no they literally rushed in when it was clear they misjudged their information

Alliance and Horde both failed at the Broken Shore because Blizzard wanted them to fail and the best tactician and strategist can do nothing against the might of the plot reason.

What happened at the Broken Shore is simply ridiculous nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Gosh darn. I don't bother logging on to post much but this post was worth it to give kudos.
    Thank you, thank you ^_^

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The alliance stood there watching Guldan summon a shit ton of demons and killed a few, meanwhile the horde killed hundreds of them securing the ridge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post
    Irrelevant, alliance still had to deal with them as much as horde ''fodders'' had to deal with other demons

Hardly you cant claim you fought with the Lords of the Legion when you didn't. You didnt have to deal with them you only had to deal with a few waves that came slowly giving you time to deal with them.

The Horde gets zerged from the start the Legion doesn't wait they just keep coming and coming and coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    snip.
    Damn, dude. That was brutal.

Can I, uh, can I come fight for the Horde? I'll Rosetta Stone Orcish or whatever I need to do.

Deleted
    man are you okay? you seem salty as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Horde failed as usual. This whole mess is their fault and they could have at least warned Alliance to get out sooner.
    Horde troops had as much warning as Alliance troops, they all heard the horn at the same time. Sylvanas told Wyrnn to stop chatting and kill him. Also the most important point that I haven't seen mentioned: The Alliance called for their gunship to retreat long before the horn was blown, so they had already had the gunship on the way BEFORE the Horde started to retreat. So tell me again which faction planned on betraying who.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Horde troops had as much warning as Alliance troops, they all heard the horn at the same time. Sylvanas told Wyrnn to stop chatting and kill him. Also the most important point that I haven't seen mentioned: The Alliance called for their gunship to retreat long before the horn was blown, so they had already had the gunship on the way BEFORE the Horde started to retreat. So tell me again which faction planned on betraying who.
    You do realize the Gunship was there to bombard the demons and the tomb right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You had one job, watch the flank. You failed. End if story.

This "dey sneaked on us" crap is so retarded I am amazed it is a viable excuse. Your idiot leaders could not anticipate this happening and had flank unguarded? Nice nice.

You fought many demons? Well boohoo, your attempt to spin it as if Alliance just waltzed in to Gul'dan with red carpet does not fly, maybe YOU are the one who has to play Alliance scenario to see how it went.

You failed Alliance and Azeroth with your leaders' tactical incompetence.

Feck, you had your frikkin amazing World Shaman crawling there while your warchief got gutted by some rank and file demon. Good performance gaiz.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-08-11 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    You need to stop watching the cinematic and actually play the horde version of the scenario. The cinematic doesn't properly convey the massacre that was going on in that cliff. Mainly because the "horde" cinematic only has like 15 seconds of actual horde screentime, and then 4 uninterrupted minutes of Varian Fan Wank.

What does the alliance have to deal with on their side? Two waves of ground troops. That's it.

What does the horde have to deal with on our side? endless waves of ground troops, an infinite stream of aerial troops (Which our archers kept away from your side down to the last second) and fucking legion fel carriers bombing the living shit out of our troops.

They didn't sneak, they were there from the start, we kept that massive tide of demons away from the alliance for as long as possible, but there's only so much you can do when legion spaceships are blasting you from the sky.

God only knows? wrong. Do the scenario. He received a combined blast by all three spaceships. To the chest dude.

Exhaustion will do that to you

Not exactly. Baine was blasted by the spaceships too, and had to be carried back to sylvanas.

Ohh you wanna talk about sad?

Lets talk about sad.

Lets talk about how the horde had to fight off FAR MORE than the alliance did (Ground troops, aerial troops, and fucking spaceships) and yet we held the line and even managed to evacuate everyone without the need of one of us having to sacrifice himself for the rest. Meanwhile, a fucking alliance gunship with enough artillery on both sides to flatten a city, can't get a fel reaver to release its grip on it, despite having nearly a dozen cannons trained on him. AT POINTBLANK RANGE.

Lets talk about how the horde refused to retreat until most of our army was wiped out by the orbital bombardment by the legion spaceships, and 3 out of 4 of our leaders were down, one of them fatally injured. While the alliance was perfectly okay, all four of their leaders were fine, most of their army was intact, yet the minute, THE SECOND, that things began to look bad, they didn't hold the line, they ran away immediately.

Lets talk about how the plan was that the horde would buy the alliance time to do its part of the job on that cliff, and the alliance had to charge through and finish the legion down there, yet even though the horde did its part of the job (We bought you the time you needed) Varian wasted this precious time making fancy speeches instead of shutting up and getting the job done (Sylvanas had to at one point scold Varian with the perfect "Less chatting Wrynn, KILL HIM ALREADY!!!").

Lets talk about how despite not having to deal with even half the shit the horde was facing up on that cliff, your side was still completely incapable of reaching gul'dan and end all of this, even though, as mentioned above, all four of your leads were perfectly okay, you only had ground troops to deal with, you had air support and we didn't, and one of your leaders was piloting a fucking battlemech. What, was it too hard to shoot a missile barrage at gul'dan or something?

Lets talk about how when all its said and done, and a massive crippling defeat is delivered to BOTH sides, the horde's first and immediate concern is about reorganizing, regrouping, and starting to plan the next assault, all of the horde united in solidarity in this moment of dire need, while the alliance is bitching, whining, bickering amongst themselves, and moaning about perceived backstabs betrayals and abandonment issues instead of focusing on the real menace here, which they KNOW they can't defeat by themselves.

You wanted to talk about pathetic? There, we talked about pathetic. You and your alliance are fucking pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

They are too busy hanging out with Velen, Tyrande, the dwarf leads, and that pandaren chick who they also obviously don't care about anymore as she was a one expansion character.

Both sides had missing leaders. I guess they felt it was pointless to send the entire leadership of both sides to battle, just in case something bad happened. In hindsight that was a good idea.

He wasn't at the broken shore. The broken shore takes place at the same time as the second half of the demon hunter starting zone, and he's there, to send the illidari to stormwind and to orgrimmar.

Well he was busy securing extra allies for the fight against the legion, miles away from that carnage. So at least he has a justification for not mass porting everyone away. Jaina however, didn't teleport anyone because she's a useless psychotic bitch who is only good for bitching, moaning, and raging like a toddler.

Come on, she was in this situation the last time the legion came a'knocking. She held off Archimonde for as long as she could to buy time for someone else to do some mumbo-jumbo, and when her forces were overwhelmed, she fled, teleporting everyone away.

Now here we are, and she's giving shit to the horde for doing the exact same thing she did the last time the legion is here.
    After reading through the many threads on this subject, I came to the conclusion that the posters on these forums that are alliance are all thinking like kids. All your points are valid and very obvious. Anyone who is an adult, who watched the cinematics and played both sides of the scenerio can easily come to the same conclusions as you did.

Maybe Blizzard saw that most of the alliance players where the kids and most of the horde playerbase where adults and thats why they made Jaina act so childish, to let the players feel they can relate to the charecter...

On a serious note: I think they did a pretty good job at finding a reason for the conflict. Characters like Garosh in mop, and now Genn and jaina in legion, are needed to keep the war between the horde and the alliance going, which is one of the fundations of this game. In wod there was no explaining at all for the war...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the wrathgate all over again :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but it's true.

Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde pick a ridge to flank the Legion. But before long, they get buttfucked from behind. How? How do you not have the rear covered? How did they sneak up on you like that?

Horde, I'm disappointed. That performance was just sad.
    i don't think your average player can answer why the writers and designers made the scenario end that way

The amount of people taking this story too seriously, in this thread, is absolutely hilarious.