Quote Originally Posted by Zzaj View Post
    2+ buffs is currently the optimal way to play.

As an aside, the buff to Run Through + DFA + True Bearing leads to some pretty crazy dps at lvl 100 (yes yes no one cares).

Especially when combined with the Anticipation bug, essentially allowing you to get off a DFA for only one combo point and immediately follow up with another finisher, which leaves DFA off CD again.

Deleted
    So, according to sims fishing for 2+ buffs is the best way, but i do have a question here.

Let's assume i'm saving cooldowns (in my case, AR) because the boss will soon enter a phase that requires the raid to deal massive dps. I'm following the 2+ buff rule and i get True Bearing + Random let's say 50-60sec before burn phase, because i'm saving my AR, True Bearing has no use to me in that specific moment leaving me with only 1 effective buff, what should i do then? Burn AR anyway and hope to reset cd before boss goes into burn phase, keep that 2+ buff or reroll?
    Last edited by mmoc6b159fbbd2; 2016-08-10 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylolzz View Post
    So, according to sims fishing for 2+ buffs is the best way, but i do have a question here.

Let's assume i'm saving cooldowns (in my case, AR) because the boss will soon enter a phase that requires the raid to deal massive dps. I'm following the 2+ buff rule and i get True Bearing + Random let's say 50-60sec before burn phase, because i'm saving my AR, True Bearing has no use to me in that specific moment leaving me with only 1 effective buff, what should i do then? Burn AR anyway and hope to reset cd before boss goes into burn phase, keep that 2+ buff or reroll?
    True bearing affects more than just AR. MfD, and vanish are two of the other big ones affected by TB (Though, vanish > ambush is less good when SiW isn't up)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

When did they change blade flurry energy regen(its 20% penalty now), cant recall seeing it in notes but just noticed bein bit dry on energy on some trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepa View Post
    When did they change blade flurry energy regen(its 20% penalty now), cant recall seeing it in notes but just noticed bein bit dry on energy on some trash
    Artifact has traits to reduce this penalty.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

The 20% energy regen penalty have been there since blade flurry was changed from a cooldown to a toogle back in cata.

Might be wrong as rogue is only my alt but i think it was only 10% when prepatch went live

edit: nvm probably saw something wrong on tooltip
    Last edited by Lepa; 2016-08-11 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, we didn't have Run Through and Between the Eyes updated in the simulator yet. We tested it last night, and again today and don't see the buffs mentioned in the patch notes. With target dummy tests, we are getting 120% AP, which is what we had before. So it doesn't appear buffed. (And yes, this is from actual combat log / spell usage tests, in case the tool tip is wrong).

We verify EVERYTHING. And now for the final verification - do any of you actually see a buff to BtE or RT? Our in-game testing doesn't show it, and now I want to find out if we are crazy, or if it didn't actually get buffed. (Please provide evidence if you do see a buff).
    Did we get this sorted? How do outlaw stand compared to the other specs after the recent changes? Ps ty for a good jobb

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, we didn't have Run Through and Between the Eyes updated in the simulator yet. We tested it last night, and again today and don't see the buffs mentioned in the patch notes. With target dummy tests, we are getting 120% AP, which is what we had before. So it doesn't appear buffed. (And yes, this is from actual combat log / spell usage tests, in case the tool tip is wrong).

We verify EVERYTHING. And now for the final verification - do any of you actually see a buff to BtE or RT? Our in-game testing doesn't show it, and now I want to find out if we are crazy, or if it didn't actually get buffed. (Please provide evidence if you do see a buff).
    I can confirm that the Run Through ability is still 120% AP and does not appear buffed at all. It should be somewhere between 130%-135% but it's exactly 120% still. I'm seeing the same unchanged feature in BtE. Do you have access to beta? Between the two of us we can compose a post to place there and maybe get some attention.

As an aside, I can confirm that the RtB numbers are working well, and pretty accurate. Fishing for SIW/2+ is marginal dps increase. And on fights where duration is shorter it might not be worth it at all. (more pre-patch/5man info than raid worthy).

Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Did we get this sorted? How do outlaw stand compared to the other specs after the recent changes? Ps ty for a good jobb
    The numbers don't appear to have been changed on beta/live/etc. Not sure if they were reverted or not, or just not active. Hopefully zoopercat and I can get a post on beta forums and get some attention, or if he has a faster method that'd be good too. As such, the active numbers of 120% AP for Run Through and 75% AP for BtE put us just at the bottom of the 3 specs. Through T19M (that's the 2nd raid tier) it looks like Assassination (Bleeds) 329k, Sub 324k, Combat 312k. That puts all 3 specs within 5% of eachother and Sub 1.5% behind Assassination.

Meaning, likely, Assassination will scale to the third raid tier for any Non-Fully T19M rogue just fine and into that tier considerably depending on set-bonuses and the like. (provided there's no further changes).

IF the outlaw changes go through as they said, Outlaw could jump slightly ahead of Assassination at 330k but it has HUGE swings in damage. We're talking some 450s pulls at like 260k.. 'dem bones, like lady luck, be a finicky mistress.
    Last edited by Spriestlawl; 2016-08-11 at 07:21 PM.

anyone know what the best legendary for ST is? all of them seems really lackluster

the between the eyes one is like what 120k dmg every 20 seconds, the run through one is only good during cooldowns

should i just use the ravenholdt ring?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    anyone know what the best legendary for ST is? all of them seems really lackluster

the between the eyes one is like what 120k dmg every 20 seconds, the run through one is only good during cooldowns

should i just use the ravenholdt ring?
    The boots potentially.. For cleave I'd def target the ring but it's in the air if you'll be able to have either ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    The boots potentially.. For cleave I'd def target the ring but it's in the air if you'll be able to have either ya know?
    well currently on beta i can have any of them so im curious which one i should use

well currently on beta i can have any of them so im curious which one i should use
    cleave fights I'd do the ring personally.. Unless you have a ton of speed items the other isn't really worth it outside of good RtB rolls. Perhaps we can get zoopercat to do a sim on the boots with AMR and see its RtB reroll actions.

Deleted
    I can confirm that the Run Through ability is still 120% AP and does not appear buffed at all. It should be somewhere between 130%-135% but it's exactly 120% still. I'm seeing the same unchanged feature in BtE. Do you have access to beta? Between the two of us we can compose a post to place there and maybe get some attention.

As an aside, I can confirm that the RtB numbers are working well, and pretty accurate. Fishing for SIW/2+ is marginal dps increase. And on fights where duration is shorter it might not be worth it at all. (more pre-patch/5man info than raid worthy).

The numbers don't appear to have been changed on beta/live/etc. Not sure if they were reverted or not, or just not active. Hopefully zoopercat and I can get a post on beta forums and get some attention, or if he has a faster method that'd be good too. As such, the active numbers of 120% AP for Run Through and 75% AP for BtE put us just at the bottom of the 3 specs. Through T19M (that's the 2nd raid tier) it looks like Assassination (Bleeds) 329k, Sub 324k, Combat 312k. That puts all 3 specs within 5% of eachother and Sub 1.5% behind Assassination.

Meaning, likely, Assassination will scale to the third raid tier for any Non-Fully T19M rogue just fine and into that tier considerably depending on set-bonuses and the like. (provided there's no further changes).

IF the outlaw changes go through as they said, Outlaw could jump slightly ahead of Assassination at 330k but it has HUGE swings in damage. We're talking some 450s pulls at like 260k.. 'dem bones, like lady luck, be a finicky mistress.

This findings are in fact huge. It mean that Blizzard puch a hotfix to move dmg from one source to another but don't apply it to the other ability witch in fact make it a hard nerf. Would be extremity interesting to hear how you go on to get attention to this. Do blizzard delay the buff with a purpose or have they simply made a mistake? This need to be answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    cleave fights I'd do the ring personally.. Unless you have a ton of speed items the other isn't really worth it outside of good RtB rolls. Perhaps we can get zoopercat to do a sim on the boots with AMR and see its RtB reroll actions.
    The boots are actually pretty badass.
    Hit and run talent + sprint = 42.5% extra damage for run through every minute (with 7.5% of that being on constantly)

Edit: outlaw is going to have insane burst.
    Curse of dreadblades, thraxies treads, sprint, hit and run, and three points in fate's thirst; 66.5% bonus run through damage, and hammering out four 6cp run through a in 8!seconds on a three minute timer (for all abilities to line up again)
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-08-11 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Hit and run talent + sprint = 42.5% extra damage for run through every minute (with 7.5% of that being on constantly)
    true true. I forgot about the HnR

Edit: outlaw is going to have insane burst.
    Curse of dreadblades, thraxies treads, sprint, hit and run, and three points in fate's thirst; 66.5% bonus run through damage, and hammering out four 6cp run through a in 8!seconds on a three minute timer (for all abilities to line up again)
    it just feels really counterintuitive to me to use my one movement skill for dps, and dont talent out the other movement skill

yeah on patchwerk fights it's good but those barely exist anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    it just feels really counterintuitive to me to use my one movement skill for dps, and dont talent out the other movement skill

yeah on patchwerk fights it's good but those barely exist anymore
    True, but that combo is going to be good to stick to movers via sprint, and is going to be great for aoe bust since the energy hit isn't as big only using one spender and builder
    Plus, it's 8 seconds of burst. I can't think of a single fight in recent memory that didn't have a boss standing still for 8 seconds

True, but that combo is going to be good to stick to movers via sprint, and is going to be great for aoe bust since the energy hit isn't as big only using one spender and builder
    Plus, it's 8 seconds of burst. I can't think of a single fight in recent memory that didn't have a boss standing still for 8 seconds

the problem isnt that the boss wont stand still for 8 second

the problem is that you'd need sprint to swap to an add or go somewhere else and then you wont have it cos you used it just for damage

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem isnt that the boss wont stand still for 8 second

the problem is that you'd need sprint to swap to an add or go somewhere else and then you wont have it cos you used it just for damage
    thats what hit and run is for
    Or just dump hit and run (and lose 7.5% RT damage) and take grappling hook for mobility