Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If you're tanking and concerned about your big-dick dps, you really shouldn't be tanking in the first place.

This entire argument is both bizarre and stupid.
    Currently that's the only thing you can actually worry as a tank in HFC.
    You can tank mythic bosses in cat form and get away with it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Currently that's the only thing you can actually worry as a tank in HFC.
    You can tank mythic bosses in cat form and get away with it easily.
    So you're back to "someone of lower gear level can't outdps someone of higher gear level!". Which goes back to: don't tank with assholes. They tend to make super shitty tanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    So you're back to "someone of lower gear level can't outdps someone of higher gear level!". Which goes back to: don't tank with assholes. They tend to make super shitty tanks anyway.
    No, currently DH wouldn't even be able to hold agro against equally geared tank, who's playing properly, and not taking his hands off keyboard every 5 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not the only class getting wrecked. Prot pala has it hard and I heard they weren't alone. Classes are tuned around artifacts.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I just like to say - I tank and always try and push my DPS as much as possible because surviving is typically pretty easy if you know mechanics so I try and eek out as much DPS as I can to get the fight over with faster

No, currently DH wouldn't even be able to hold agro against equally geared tank, who's playing properly, and not taking his hands off keyboard every 5 sec.
    Which really isn't true, but okay dude. Have fun with that, I guess.

The class has been out for what? 48 hours? there is no Best DH in the world lol.
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by GameFX View Post
    I just like to say - I tank and always try and push my DPS as much as possible because surviving is typically pretty easy if you know mechanics so I try and eek out as much DPS as I can to get the fight over with faster
    While it has a place, focusing on dps to the point where you ignore threat / mechanics is a really poor tank. If you want to do big-dick dps.. just go dps, or ask to MT. Don't be that guy that ignores his threat for l33t tank deepz.

The only time I found myself taking too much damage was when I lept right into a group of mobs. Once I stopped doing that to pull it was fine

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    The class has been out for what? 48 hours? there is no Best DH in the world lol.
    I'm sure, many good players had access to beta, to get used to the class. And we're going off logs currently.

I'm sure, many good players had access to beta, to get used to the class. And we're going off logs currently.
    And if you're having issues holding aggro against a similarly geared tank on a DH, you're doing it wrong. Plain and simple.

But I'm still convinced you're trolling
    Last edited by skeptyc; 2016-08-11 at 10:18 PM.

My DH is sitting 718 ILvl - I can burst 150k (This of course requires consumables, pre potting and opening up with a Leap and Fiery Brand mid air into immo aura but the healers were prepared for me dive in ) On a pull and have tanked a full heroic HFC including solo tanking Iskar. It is doing fine it is appropriately strong for it's ilvl and not having a ring but most importantly it's a lot more fun.

It really is just a learning curve for people who were spoiled with gear and rings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptyc View Post
    But I'm still convinced you're trolling
    He's not, trust me I know Celina, been following him and serveral others in the Prot Paladin theory crafting for years.

Historically over there they've been much more DPS minded, and it yields some pretty impressive results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Did all of the mythic dungeons, alongside normal and heroic HFC so far without any real issues other than mistakes on my part.

It feels less beefy than Guardian Druid for sure, but my Druid is also like...40+ ilvl higher, so I have no idea how it feels in comparable gear.

My only complaint is that Soul Cleave's healing feels lackluster.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have yet to encounter a decent Demon Hunter player in mythic dungeons that either doesn't pull mobs by accident with all their mobility, or just does horribly by being a papertank or getting around 12-15k DPS average, while completely crutching on Eye Beam, so much they they complain to tanks about not getting mobs in a line for them. It's honestly frustrating.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Did all of the mythic dungeons, alongside normal and heroic HFC so far without any real issues other than mistakes on my part.

It feels less beefy than Guardian Druid for sure, but my Druid is also like...40+ ilvl higher, so I have no idea how it feels in comparable gear.

My only complaint is that Soul Cleave's healing feels lackluster.
    I agree i think they should either buff soul cleave base heal or make soul shards more reliable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    I agree i think they should either buff soul cleave base heal or make soul shards more reliable
    The issue is on the Beta Vengence was really strong at one point in 5 man content, the best by leaps and bounds but not so much in a raid setting.

So they nerfed pain generation, damage done, and self healing and increased pain cost. Demonspikes used to reduce all damage taken instead of just physical (even if it was for just one build)... I could go on. It seems that current VDH is not only balanced around 110, with full talents and artifact but around 5 man content, not raiding.

The entire situation reminds me of Brewmasters at the start of WoD, where they were weak in HM... and then BRF came out and they got so much love they went from worst to best.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-08-12 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've read over about a dozen of your posts in this thread. What you're saying is simply not supported by the evidence.

Tank damage in Mythic HFC for the 715-717 item level bracket:

I would be a little cautious of the Monk value as the sample size is low comparatively (36 compared to ~150 for everyone else).

Jump up to the 721-723 bracket and Demon Hunter takes #1 spot:

Only 30 samples for Demon Hunter in this category at the moment but I think it's pretty clear to see that Demon Hunter dps is fine at the moment. Everything you've said on the matter has been completely false.
    Last edited by Yuqii; 2016-08-12 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried tanking, but Vengeance is extremely squishy/useless in PvP on live. Havoc is way better.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

This thread is buffing my Pain generation