Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Changed the fact you (Maiev) killed Illidan. Then added in the story that Demon Hunters was on X mission and showed up right after illidan was beat.

Anyone else remember some Demon Hunters showing up? I don't.
    Well...

Maiev says: It is finished. You are beaten.
    Illidan says: You have won...Maiev. But the huntress...is nothing without the hunt. You...are nothing...without me.
    Maiev says: He's right. I feel nothing. I am nothing. Farewell, champions.

The implication is that we leave Maiev there with Illidan. We can infer that the Illidari return just after we have left.

Also Illidan is dead, insofar as his soul hasn't come back to his body.

It's not a retcon in the strictest sense, just sloppy writing.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one is grasping at straws, you don't see him die and thats a fact. You see a fel-explosion just like the ones that turn the orcs into brutes before Killrogg.

So it can go ether way.
    you literally see him getting turned into dust.
    you see this:

you dont see an explosion around him, you dont see gul'dan covering him in fel, its his own body that gets vaporized.
    from the inside.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-11 at 01:21 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you dont see an explosion around him, you dont see gul'dan covering him in fel, its his own body that gets vaporized.
    from the inside.
    And once again we have seen orcs explode and turn into brutes in the sameway.

If blizzard wanted to they can run with it. I personally don't care etherway really.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    And once again we have seen orcs explode and turn into brutes in the sameway.

If blizzard wanted to they can run with it. I personally don't care etherway really.
    What orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yes very possible, WoWhead datamined his model in advance.

--snip--

Expect it to be the second Tier.
    Lmao. Nothing else to say other than perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What orcs?
    That I'd like to know to.

OT: He's dead and dead and dead.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What orcs?
    All the ones right before and in the killrogg fight, before they turn into brutes.

Not as flashy as the cinematic but close enough.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pretty unlikely, but it's already canon that gul'dan has the power to make this happen if he wanted to, in the form of an original deathknight. Again still unlikely, end boss will probably be kil'jaedin.

I actually want to see Varian's soul bound to a suit of armor like the Lich King so that the Legion can use him and make him watch as he slaughters his own people. It would basically be reverse Deathbringer Saurfang, where the son has to put his father to rest.

What if Gul'dan's spell turned Varian into a demon, then blowed him up and now he's being brainwashed into the Nether ?

I really hope they don't. Almost feels lazy.

Deleted
    But we saw only one Sword of shalamayne in the end of the Cinematic. What if the other Sword with a fragment of Varrians soul is still active?
    And his soul is in the twisting Nether, waiting for a new Body, like Illidan said in the Demonhunter Quests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    What if Gul'dan's spell turned Varian into a demon, then blowed him up and now he's being brainwashed into the Nether ?
    /Coffeethinking
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He a'sploded. It's obvious that he's dead...

In this timeline...
    Hehe I laughed at this one....

Anyways, I don't think we will see Varian ever again.

Isnt he a demon though?

As in: Doesnt die if not in the Nether
    He was a nightelf when Malfurion killed him. Sargeras however interfened and took his " leftovers" and molded him into a demonic Satyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleina View Post
    He was a nightelf when Malfurion killed him. Sargeras however interfened and took his " leftovers" and molded him into a demonic Satyr
    Satyrtastic
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    He had a great death.
    Better than Tirion's, to be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Better than Tirion's, to be sure...
    Yeah I mean you feel bad for Varian right. But he died like a warrior. Tirion died denial of his situation with a prayer to the light unanswered...that is a punch in the narruu nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Yeah I mean you feel bad for Varian right. But he died like a warrior. Tirion died denial of his situation with a prayer to the light unanswered...that is a punch in the narruu nuts.
    Feels nice after he figgly wiggled his way into destroying frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Feels nice after he figgly wiggled his way into destroying frostmourne.
    Yeah that was sorta a "really?" Moment for me. But it was Ashbringer I suppose.

I really wanted Tirion to be one of the four horseman, that would have been fantastic! But NOOOOOO Lady Liadrin had to go get all high and mighty.