Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Prepared vs Demon Blades

Just read that Demon Blades got nerfed and it's better to take prepared?
    Source: http://www.gameskinny.com/xe8ul/worl...re-patch-guide

Though Icy Veins tells me that Demon Blades win in most situations
    Souce: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-d...builds-talents

Any thoughts/confirmations?

I love playing with both talents!

Deleted
    I cant stand demon blades. Regardless of which is better, I'll take prepared!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasin View Post
    Just read that Demon Blades got nerfed and it's better to take prepared?
    Source: http://www.gameskinny.com/xe8ul/worl...re-patch-guide

Though Icy Veins tells me that Demon Blades win in most situations
    Souce: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-d...builds-talents

Any thoughts/confirmations?

I love playing with both talents!
    Per DH Channel in Discord, Icy Veins needs to be updated. So I would take it loosely in its current form.

Demon Blades will be nerfed later. Don't get used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Demon Blades will be nerfed later. Don't get used to it.
    ? I thought DB reveiced a nerf a few days ago and is now "brought into the line".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been taking the third one on the right that spawns soul shards because its the only way we can get any type of healing right now. I pvp a lot and it helps a little bit to get those heals.

I don't care if I can rank just by smashing my cat on the keyboard with Demon Blades, I'll never use it. I specced into it on beta without reading the description and I thought there was something wrong with ElvUI because I put it on my bar and the button wasn't doing anything. Then I read the description and couldn't figure out why anyone would ever take it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    ? I thought DB reveiced a nerf a few days ago and is now "brought into the line".
    This is correct; it's slightly less than prepared in almost all cases single target, with 3 conditions it beats it in (legendary ring, high crit ratio, large boss) and far behind in AoE

Demon hunter talent build, stat priority and rotation.

[QUOTE=Vanyali;41832153]This is correct; it's slightly less than prepared in almost all cases single target, with 3 conditions it beats it in (legendary ring, high crit ratio, large boss) and far behind in AoE[/QUOTE

Hello everyone, I have been playing demon hunter since the beginning of the beta. I see a lot of posts, YouTube videos, opinions, etc of the demon hunter talents, stat priorities, etc and they all pretty much suck. After one day of playing demon hunter or even a couple weeks everyone thinks they are experts. Now by any means am I no expert, but, I tested every possible talent build, stat and rotation and have come to the absolute best at this moment for havoc demon hunters.
    First, for talents you want fel mastery and prepared. For stats you want agility-crit-versatility. For your rotation, assuming you have taken fel mastery and prepared...pop your cooldowns, metamorphosis, agility potion, trinkets, etc. Now you are ready to begin your rotation...fel rush, vengeful retreat, immediately fel rush, demons bite, attack, attack, attack ("attack" is based on the ability for that situation. Could be chaos strike, blade dance, eyes, etc.) With your talent build your fel rushes will gain 50 fury and reduce the cooldown on VR by 20 seconds. The demons bite will give you extra fury so with those combined you will have enough fury for the next 2-3 attacks before you rinse and repeat. This will maximize your DPS and help you get down a rotation to play your demon hunter to full potential. If you have any questions regarding my post or questions about demon hunters in general you can find me on YouTube. Dsylvester76

[QUOTE=Warmachinex;41835632]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    This is correct; it's slightly less than prepared in almost all cases single target, with 3 conditions it beats it in (legendary ring, high crit ratio, large boss) and far behind in AoE[/QUOTE

Hello everyone, I have been playing demon hunter since the beginning of the beta. I see a lot of posts, YouTube videos, opinions, etc of the demon hunter talents, stat priorities, etc and they all pretty much suck. After one day of playing demon hunter or even a couple weeks everyone thinks they are experts. Now by any means am I no expert, but, I tested every possible talent build, stat and rotation and have come to the absolute best at this moment for havoc demon hunters.
    First, for talents you want fel mastery and prepared. For stats you want agility-crit-versatility. For your rotation, assuming you have taken fel mastery and prepared...pop your cooldowns, metamorphosis, agility potion, trinkets, etc. Now you are ready to begin your rotation...fel rush, vengeful retreat, immediately fel rush, demons bite, attack, attack, attack ("attack" is based on the ability for that situation. Could be chaos strike, blade dance, eyes, etc.) With your talent build your fel rushes will gain 50 fury and reduce the cooldown on VR by 20 seconds. The demons bite will give you extra fury so with those combined you will have enough fury for the next 2-3 attacks before you rinse and repeat. This will maximize your DPS and help you get down a rotation to play your demon hunter to full potential. If you have any questions regarding my post or questions about demon hunters in general you can find me on YouTube. Dsylvester76
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/aggixx/havoc/

Sims tend to be better than feels.

[QUOTE=Vanyali;41835691]
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmachinex View Post

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/aggixx/havoc/

Sims tend to be better than feels.
    So Demon Blades IS the way to go still? Even after the stealth nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasin View Post
    Not according to the sims, no. Prepared is better in MOST situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

Yes and no.

Pawket's sim right now has a very specific gear set - specifically, he has a high crit compared to everything else. Which means that for him Demon Blades wins out, as that's one of the three conditionals for Dblades to be better single target. Prepared does better with stats more balanced so haste is higher, which is another reason why simming your character for optimal talents is so important. Prep blows Dblades out of the water on AoE, however.

So in most cases you want Prep. The ONLY times you don't are a high crit skew, a large boss (so you're not losing melee uptime), or you have the legendary ring. However, the difference between the two is fairly small (Dblades is ~2% less than Prep), so for ST either one works depending on playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't care if I can rank just by smashing my cat on the keyboard with Demon Blades, I'll never use it. I specced into it on beta without reading the description and I thought there was something wrong with ElvUI because I put it on my bar and the button wasn't doing anything. Then I read the description and couldn't figure out why anyone would ever take it.
    This. Sitting there auto attacking looking at my screen makes me want to sacrifice my own damn eyes. Why was this talent ever implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Per DH Channel in Discord, Icy Veins needs to be updated. So I would take it loosely in its current form.
    How can I join the DH discord channel?

Edit: found it >_>
    Last edited by Katexd; 2016-08-11 at 11:37 PM.

Ergh, they're really pushing momentum playstyle, every fucking tier the talents that make you fel rush and vengful retreat on cd is the best, every, single, one!

Momentum playstyle is a significant gain, yes. If you hate the constant repositioning and you're in a serious progression build, you should not play a DH. Period.

If you can deal with the performance loss, don't Fel Rush all the time, pick Nemesis, and be on your merry way, no problem.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-08-12 at 12:15 AM.

The legendary ring cannot be acquired by a demon hunter, why would that EVER be a consideration for the sims and a conditional for demon blades? That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrryr View Post
    The legendary ring cannot be acquired by a demon hunter, why would that EVER be a consideration for the sims and a conditional for demon blades? That makes no sense.
    Van means the legendary ring from legion, gives 1-20 extra fury every demon bit/blade, not the WoD one.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

OK, let me clear up some things here, given I wrote the Icy Veins guide referenced here.

Demon Blades and prepared at 100 which is what the IV guide is in reference to, are extremely close (like, 2-3%~ or so within range) and DBlades in simulations edges out, in practice they are likely even or, in many cases, lean toward Prepared. In the IV guide, I made sure to hedge those bets between the two (since both require different gameplay styles to optimise, but Prep is arguably harder in general raid circumstances). Anything you see on IV then, by extension, is solely focused on 100, it does not strictly ring true when extended to 110.

I did a follow up video on 100 talents following the nerf to DBlades (which wasn't enough to break it which seems to be something people may be assuming), which may clear this up:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    I just wanted to quote this as well, again, you are pulling 110 things. IV was updated before the Discord channel was for information pertinent to the content it is currently aimed at (that being, 100, not the 110 that these sims are performed under), it doesn't need to be updated and defaulting to assuming IV is incorrect is getting somewhat tiring.