Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People have preferences in body types, more at 9

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    People have preferences in body types, more at 9
    It's sick that you can be so brazen about your bigotry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that she has to hold her arm when she flexes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    It's sick that you can be so brazen about your bigotry.
    I'm a true rebel

15+ Year Old Account
    Strong woman of size (WoS) strikes back at the patriarchy

Translation for the real world: "Fat chick annoyed that guy finds her unattractive and fat."

that woman is over weight(i know, I am), not a woman of size. This is a woman of size https://www.instagram.com/p/BIegpCcg2CO

She's not that big...maybe I'm getting accustomed to seeing overweight people in the West but she is probably in the "overweight" category. Probably not obese. She's cute in a hipster-y way, although she looks like she's losing hair...looks like due to all the hair dye...

I totally believe this happened, I also believe that both parties are complete drama queens because 1. that dude didn't need to send that letter, what was the purpose of that? 2. she didn't need to respond the way she did (or at all).

In my experience, this isn't about her weight. Thin people are rejected for being too thin/not curvy enough, too...tall people for being too tall...short people for being too short...etc. People are rejected for things all the time; some people prefer a certain body type, or personality type, or someone with similar interests. Sometimes for the stupidest of reasons ("I couldn't date anyone who was a KISS fan", "he had a hair on his big toe", etc). It's one date; nothing personal. You don't need to tell the other person in detail what's wrong with them; just tell them that you don't feel any chemistry and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    that woman is over weight(i know, I am), not a woman of size. This is a woman of size https://www.instagram.com/p/BIegpCcg2CO
    After flipping through her Instagram, that woman is definitely using steroids. She's going to regret that later...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    So she catfished him

Honestly he was nice about it. Guys get worse rejection and they don't blog about it. Grow up and move on.

Edit: This blog post appears to be bullshit. Read further below in the comments. Can't believe we fell for this.
    Last edited by MatthewOU2015; 2016-08-11 at 11:59 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So he was honest and nice about it.

She should man up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She's not that big...maybe I'm getting accustomed to seeing overweight people in the West but she is probably in the "overweight" category. Probably not obese. She's cute in a hipster-y way, although she looks like she's losing hair...looks like due to all the hair dye...

I totally believe this happened, I also believe that both parties are complete drama queens because 1. that dude didn't need to send that letter, what was the purpose of that? 2. she didn't need to respond the way she did (or at all).

In my experience, this isn't about her weight. Thin people are rejected for being too thin/not curvy enough, too...tall people for being too tall...short people for being too short...etc. People are rejected for things all the time; some people prefer a certain body type, or personality type, or someone with similar interests. Sometimes for the stupidest of reasons ("I couldn't date anyone who was a KISS fan", "he had a hair on his big toe", etc). It's one date; nothing personal. You don't need to tell the other person in detail what's wrong with them; just tell them that you don't feel any chemistry and move on.

After flipping through her Instagram, that woman is definitely using steroids. She's going to regret that later...
    Well she isn't as bad(At least from the OP's link) as I figured she would be. She's a tad overweight but not OMFG SO BAD THATS UNHEALTHY!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...she doesn't even look fat in those pictures.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

"but I’m trying to be honest with you without sounding like a total knobhead."

Well, he failed. Though to jab in the other direction:

"You may think are all my profile pictures are “FGASs” (That’s Fat Girl Angle Shots — pictures from angles that slim and flatter the girl."

That is clearly what was the case, or he would've been open about this sooner. After deceiving him in that manner, she proceeds to take massively more offense to the response than was justified because she's clearly very insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "but I’m trying to be honest with you without sounding like a total knobhead."

Well, he failed. Though to jab in the other direction:

"You may think are all my profile pictures are “FGASs” (That’s Fat Girl Angle Shots — pictures from angles that slim and flatter the girl."

That is clearly what was the case, or he would've been open about this sooner. After deceiving him in that manner, she proceeds to take massively more offense to the response than was justified because she's clearly very insecure.
    The whole incident is weird. Why would he write that long-ass letter after one date? The only thing I could think of is that he was trying to indirectly tell her that the two of them could be together if she lost weight. Which seems inappropriate after one date.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    To be honest I came in here expecting some jacked woman that beats up men...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The whole incident is weird. Why would he write that long-ass letter after one date? The only thing I could think of is that he was trying to indirectly tell her that the two of them could be together if she lost weight. Which seems inappropriate after one date.
    The whole thing is bullshit. I bet she staged the whole thing for views and sympathy.

When she's lying on her back she don't look so bad...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I read both messages and I don't get it...maybe I'm just so jaded now or something, but I don't see anything wrong with what the guy wrote. A little too honest, but nothing struck me as trying to be condescending or purposefully insulting her. It seems to me he was just trying to be honest with her about why, even after a fun evening, it was not meant to be, and not play any of the silly games dates tend to go through. The woman obviously took offense to being called fat, but I think she missed the point that he wasn't trying to just be a straight up dick and not text/talk to her ever again.

I guess it comes to perspective? To me, I think what he did was far better than mincing words and beating about the bush. Can anyone explain to me what was the issue with what he wrote besides implying she was fat (which he didn't even really, just mentioned she doesn't have a slim figure). Perhaps it's just the world we live in today where even making a remark about someone means you are purposely trying to make them feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well she isn't as bad(At least from the OP's link) as I figured she would be. She's a tad overweight but not OMFG SO BAD THATS UNHEALTHY!
    She looks like she's probably 30-40 pounds overweight at a guess. More than the weight, it's the completely flabby lack of tone. She looks like someone who can't be bothered to do much of anything physically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Eh...she doesn't even look fat in those pictures.
    Nope, and anyone who thinks she's fat has a seriously media-driven view of what a female is "supposed" to look like.

Though this really isn't much of news. Guy was a sleazeball, told the girl he was a sleazeball, happens probably a million times.