Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got roughly the same feeling from doing the first few invasions that I got from the zone invasions in Rift(which were 100% responsible for me buying that game and playing it hardcore for 3-4 years). Now, the invasions are NOT dynamic, but in this case they don't have to be. I like that the lore behind it is that the Legion is carefully deciding where it would be more advantageous to strike and are slowly building up momentum by poking and prodding. All in all, I think this is the best pre-expansion event at least since Wrath to me and, again, to me, is the best one overall.

Honestly, yes. As far as I can tell, this has elements of several other pre-launch events and wrapped them into its own, better sum.

Remember, the question isn't "do you think the current content is fantastic" it's "is it better than the month prior to other expansions?"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Yup. I'd wager also that a lot of the people saying that, are just angry mid-lifers who long for their faded Vanilla glory; and the days when they could sell MC runs or Naxx runs to the gullible as "sight seeing tours". Sad to say but those days are never coming back, and I am a Vanilla player who is glad for this fact.

Legion might well be the best WoW Expansion.. ever.

There I said it.
    All the hype around this pre-expansion event, and all the content literally PACKED into Legion I believe is what has lead to servers being completely full with wait times, and millions of people coming back to the game.

I see a bright future ahead for WoW. Great stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    A-fucking-MEN! If they keep it up, Legion has the potential to blow everything else out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

What doesn't become dull after doing it 5-6 times...? Well, to normies. I've done Invasions across 10 characters so far, still not tired of them. I suspect all my 33 100's will have 700+ Ilvl thanks to the invasions before Legion hits.
    And another thing I have to say.. the results of this Pre-expansion event / patch have really matched or even exceeded the hype of this.

Legion will definitely match the hype, or even exceed it as well. Believe me, i'm in beta, and there is literally something to do ALL. THE. TIME. And thats only one character at level 110.. I have multiple level 100 characters right now, and i fully plan on raiding on 2 characters during Legion, so there is a TON to do in this expansion.

Blizzard really hit the mark with Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Rofl "feel free to unsub" because I don't think legion is the best event? Yeah good logic there, kiddo.

Again it is clear you don't even know how the event works and are just way too upset that someone doesn't think this casual-fest is the best event ever during its first phase.

I will say I'm having a lot of fun ganking kids who try to dreadlord wreck towns, although it's also fun to let them get all 9 stacks of whispers off and go on a rampage as well. Get soooo many whispers from casual "adults" crying as hard as you are. It's pretty great.
    Yeah, I'm the one upset here, lmao.

How many times do you need to use "kid" in order to categorize yourself as its antithesis, the adult? Are you having problems identifying yourself as one, or separating yourself from a "kid"?

I'm having a lot of fun ganking kids who try to dreadlord wreck towns, although it's also fun to let them get all 9 stacks of whispers off and go on a rampage as well.
    Good for you, such a rebel.

I've had my fair share of killing friendly players in creative ways for the past 12 years, and PTR for Dark Whispers, nothing new here. But alas, I'm the one "crying" and getting off on being an edgy.

Practice new diction, like the mature "adult" you deem yourself to be.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-08-12 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah, I'm the one upset here, lmao.

Good for you, such a rebel.

I've had my fair share of killing friendly players in creative ways for the past 12 years, and PTR for Dark Whispers, nothing new here. But alas, I'm the one "crying" and getting off on being an edgy.

Practice new diction, like the mature "adult" you deem yourself to be.

I like how I pointed out something fun about the patch and you immediately bashed it for being "nothing new". It's like you're agreeing with me on how little this prepatch brought to the game. At first I thought you were just angry at me, but it seems like you're just angry at the lackluster prepatch at this point. Lol kids.

But yea, I'm going to take your advice and unsub for the entirety of legion because this prepatch event wasn't the best prepatch event of all time. I'm sure it'll make sense to me eventually as it seems to currently be a viable option for you.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Strange. Im horde and currently doing the invasion outside of Org and tried to see if I could attack an Alliance DH just now and couldn't.
    Yeah as long as you have PvP disabled it won't let you.

Its been pretty fun, although our server has just completely melted atm. Can't even get out of Azshara on my DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how I pointed out something fun about the patch and you immediately bashed it for being "nothing new". It's like you're agreeing with me on how little this prepatch brought to the game. At first I thought you were just angry at me, but it seems like you're just angry at the lackluster prepatch at this point. Lol kids.

But yea, I'm going to take your advice and unsub for the entirety of legion because this prepatch event wasn't the best prepatch event of all time. I'm sure it'll make sense to me eventually as it seems to currently be a viable option for you.
    I'm not angry, I'm having fun. There's nothing new about ganking friendly players, it can happen in any game.

"Lol kids" Real fighting words here.

My other suggestion was to pick up another game, or are your hands tied? You can always get a refund.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-08-12 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I'm not angry, I'm having fun.

"Lol kids" Real fighting words here.

My other suggestion was to pick up another game, or are your hands tied? You can always get a refund.
    You're clearly either upset or extremely socially awkward if you think anyone on this forum is trying to exchange "fighting words" rofl.

Also, how can my hands be tired if I afk'd for part of a day and already have every pet/toy the prepatch had to offer? My hands are well rested and my keyboard is dusty.

I'll probably have trouble getting a refund since I got the deluxe edition and I'm not sure how they go about taking back the perks from all the other blizzard games.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked it too. So much content, so many things to do. So much lore to pay attention. It's just so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Only thing I am getting annoyed at are the pvp flagged people, I am there to kill demons not you, thought you had to flag to hit them..
    Something is not working right about PvP in PvE realms with respect to invasions. At least, it wasn't working right the past couple of days. Haven't played today, but I got myself flagged at least twice through less-than-careful tab-targeting. It was back to the days of if you attack a flagged target, you get flagged.

Then, later, I'm in Org and there is a demon lord there, and I can't attack unless I flag myself.

*scratches head*

Deleted
    So far I have really enjoyed it, it's great especially in terms of content. As far as I know, there are even a couple of quests coming in the next weeks.

WoD pre-event was total trash compared to this

It was something new to do on my DH for the first day or so and got some easy gear out of it, but the invasions themselves feel dull and get pretty old and repetitive very quickly, for me at least, as it stands I have no reason to go near them already.

The whole dreadlord thing could have been fun if it caused mayhem at least somewhat close to the Wrath zombie event did and not restricted to one city but alas people would whinge and whine so we can't have nice things anymore.

Everyone saying it's great.

Fucking seriously?

A single questline followed by a dumb even that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random? And we get what... shitty blue gear?

Have all the Wrath players left? Does no one remember the Zombie Event? Are those all distant memories?

15+ Year Old Account
    It may have more items to collect, but it has nothing on the build up and execution of the Wrath of the Lich King pre-event.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I thought the WotLK pre launch event was more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Everyone saying it's great.

Fucking seriously?

A single questline followed by a dumb even that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random? And we get what... shitty blue gear?

Have all the Wrath players left? Does no one remember the Zombie Event? Are those all distant memories?
    Never thought I'd see the day when Wrath players would be considered old veterans. Also, "a dumb event that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random?" sounds a lot like the zombie event, an event that didn't even give you shitty blue gear.

Personally don't think the zombie event was that great, it was fun for a while but lasted way too long and grew incredibly tiresome, I much prefer doing the invasions as they actually get you out into the world again.

Deleted
    Im enjoying it!

Really loved this pre-expansion event. I'm so glad I recharged my account after being away and pre-ordering Legion. Hopes up for a cool expansion!

Literally felt like screaming For the Alliance after the tragedy that happened. It was beautiful.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even done yet, but this one is probably the best one.

2.0 had some stupid stuff in blasted lands, and the day before TBC launch you had Kazzak attacking everywhere (which was cool)
    3.0 had some small events regarding going to Northerend, and then the zombie plague
    4.0 had elemental invasions
    5.0 had a scenario
    6.0 had a handful of quests and a dungeon you could do

This pre-launch event just has way more to do. If you pre ordered you can play a DH and it's starting experience. Invasions are slowly going to be ramping up, and in my opinion while it does get bland, this is the best type of 'invasion' content we have gotten, even though it's repetitive. By comparison the elemental invasions and the scourge invasions were pretty lackluster. This one is just as bland, but the changes that happen to an entire zone make it actually feel like a threat.

Honestly some of the coolest things IMO was Kazzak attacking cities and the zombie plague as individual instances of events. But those alone don't eclipse this one IMO. The dreadlord thing isn't as fun as the zombie plague, but if you put everything else together in the Legion pre-patch experience, it far eclipses it.

I mean we get invasions, DHs, events in the capital cities (dreadlord event and the doomsayers) and in the coming weeks we are going to get quests/scenarios leading up to the launch of the game.

IDK like I said I think the zombie plague as an individual thing was amazing, but the shear scope and amount of things during this one makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day when Wrath players would be considered old veterans. Also, "a dumb event that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random?" sounds a lot like the zombie event, an event that didn't even give you shitty blue gear.

Personally don't think the zombie event was that great, it was fun for a while but lasted way too long and grew incredibly tiresome, I much prefer doing the invasions as they actually get you out into the world again.

People canceled classic raid nights to form groups of zombie hordes.

You don't see that this time around.

And honestly, insta kill and being mind controlled are very different then becoming a zombie that lets you talk to the other faction. Come on =\