Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    The whole thing is bullshit. I bet she staged the whole thing for views and sympathy.
    Why do you think it's bullshit? I mean, it's no secret that there is a lot of emphasis placed on women's looks by society. I've read threads in these very forums where a woman's appearance was scrutinized in minute detail.

I absolutely believe this could have happened, what's interesting is that he felt the need to tell her what is wrong with her body because clearly he seems to think that is OK.

I would never in a million years tell a guy that I didn't want to date him because I thought there was something wrong with him. It's not my place to tell a date (or anyone) that there is something wrong with him, he will find someone who will love that aspect of who he is (or at least tolerates it).

If I thought we were incompatible I'd simply say that, and wish him the best.

People seem to think that the proliferation of these sorts of stories is some SJW/feminist conspiracy when the whole body empowerment thing wouldn't exist if we weren't constantly telling people what was wrong with them in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think the guy actually wrote a good and honest message.
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So he was honest and nice about it.
    Agreed. I was expecting at least some bashing her for her weight but all it appears to be is an honest explanation. He should just post his preferences on his profile and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Guy was a sleazeball, told the girl he was a sleazeball, happens probably a million times.
    Sleazeball for being honest? He wasn't rude, obnoxious or anything of the sort. There's nothing wrong with telling someone with a few extra pounds that they have a few extra pounds. If that's a subject that they're sensitive about, they've no fucking business dating in the first place. That's what we call "bat shit".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-12 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Nope, and anyone who thinks she's fat has a seriously media-driven view of what a female is "supposed" to look like.

Though this really isn't much of news. Guy was a sleazeball, told the girl he was a sleazeball, happens probably a million times.
    She's a little fat. Just not too terribly much.

People seem to think that the proliferation of these sorts of stories is some SJW/feminist conspiracy when the whole body empowerment thing wouldn't exist if we weren't constantly telling people what was wrong with them in the first place.
    There is a movement of "Fat Acceptance" where it's ok to be fat as in where you're super flabby and such. Being fat(Like I just described in an extreme example and others) isn't necessarily healthy. More strain on the back. While I think the woman in the OP's link is mostly healthy(weight wise) but she could lose a few pounds.

Like I said earlier, it's not terrible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why do you think it's bullshit? I mean, it's no secret that there is a lot of emphasis placed on women's looks by society. I've read threads in these very forums where a woman's appearance was scrutinized in minute detail.

I absolutely believe this could have happened, what's interesting is that he felt the need to tell her what is wrong with her body because clearly he seems to think that is OK.

I would never in a million years tell a guy that I didn't want to date him because I thought there was something wrong with him. It's not my place to tell a date (or anyone) that there is something wrong with him, he will find someone who will love that aspect of who he is (or at least tolerates it).

If I thought we were incompatible I'd simply say that, and wish him the best.

Women ask me WTF is wrong with me all the time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Women ask me WTF is wrong with me all the time.
    Why would they ask you that question, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Figured this was a Tennisace thread, was surprised at it not being so.
    Tennisace actually fat shames(not that I believe it's a bad thing to do) which is shocking giving its other posts.

he could have just said "hey i dont think its going to work out" instead of going on and on about how fat she is. that was actually pretty rude. also she even said she's been losing weight, so...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Eh...she doesn't even look fat in those pictures.
    She's definitely overweight in the bathing suit or whatever in the grass picture. She has a LOT of weight in the gut compared to elsewhere which is particularly unhealthy and unattractive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would they ask you that question, lol.
    It's to get attention in the hopes that someone will coddle them for their feeling bad about how they look. Every woman I've ever met does it and even some men.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    She has a LOT of weight in the gut compared to elsewhere which is particularly unhealthy and unattractive.
    That's my perception as well. I don't mind if they've a few extra pounds, but it's gotta be evenly distributed. Being bottom heavy (where the weight is primarily in the ass and stomach) is pretty unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    he could have just said "hey i dont think its going to work out" instead of going on and on about how fat she is. that was actually pretty rude. also she even said she's been losing weight, so...
    None of what he said was rude. He was 100% polite and explained why. God you people seem to think "Saying anything that isn't what I want to hear is rude".

None of what he said was rude. He was 100% polite and explained why. God you people seem to think "Saying anything that isn't what I want to hear is rude".
    It was kindof rude. I wouldn't tell a guy that I wouldn't go out on a second date with him because he's overweight, and go on and on about how he was perfect in every other way except for the fact that he's fat.

I'm sure the dude thought he was being nice but overall it came across as weird and drama-esque.

Saying "sorry, I'm not feeling the chemistry" anytime before sex is pretty reasonable, most people don't question that and you can walk away without looking like too much of an ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saying "sorry, I'm not feeling the chemistry" anytime before sex is pretty reasonable, most people don't question that and you can walk away without looking like too much of an ass.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. You either get a guy who's truly honest and tells you how he "feels" or you get a douche bag who lies, bangs you and then just stops calling.

This thread title is such perfect bait for this forum. I wish you could have worked in cuck somehow, but this is still very good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody send her this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. You either get a guy who's truly honest and tells you how he "feels" or you get a douche bag who lies, bangs you and then just stops calling.
    Pretty sure there's a middle ground lol. Honesty is a good policy but we don't need to tell every first date why we don't like them. Spares some hurt feelings all around...just my opinion.

what you call polite i see as being passive aggressive. insulting her appearance was 100% unnecessary to explain why he didnt want to see her again. thats going out of his way to be rude. it would be the same if he called her too skinny or tall or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Women of size? Is that what we call fat people now?

You would say similar things if he didn't have a nice enough job or something, though.
    No, like most normal people she would make up some bland excuse and that would be that. The guy in the original story was just an asshat. Yes she knows shes carrying extra weight. No he wasn't doing her any favors pointing this out, and trying to make it sound cute didn't make it any better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there's a middle ground lol. Honesty is a good policy but we don't need to tell every first date why we don't like them. Spares some hurt feelings all around...just my opinion.
    Maybe those hurt feelings will motivate them to change?

Worlds too obsessed with hurt feelings.

being mean about something a person can't change is over the line, but being overweight isn't the same as height or disability.