10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    He's PAC and other sources spent around 3 million dollars. Which pales in comparison to Clinton's 52 million.
    It will be interesting to see how fundraising goes given the big money donors are starting to steer clear of Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It will be interesting to see how fundraising goes given the big money donors are starting to steer clear of Trump.
    I don't think money is the issue right now. By this point most of the best spots for ads have already been sold, so Trump will have to find a more creative use for that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I always find it confusing when you start talking about campaign ad spending -- is that just the Trump/Clinton campaign or also all of the various PACs and such?

Cause if Trump hasn't spent any money but some of his PACs have it's basically all the same sort of thing.
    I mean there have been zero pro-trump ads in NC that I've seen, and sources like the one I provided backed that up. I think the NRA released one released trying to calm down the trump "2nd amendment" thing, but before that none. Where is he spending his money if not in a major state like NC.

I hear like 5 a night from the living room for Hillary but never a single Trump one even when the family is watching something on Fox News.

edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tting-clinton/ has been mentioned but still haven't seen any come up yet.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2016-08-12 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I don't think money is the issue right now. By this point most of the best spots for ads have already been sold, so Trump will have to find a more creative use for that money.
    Like his own pocket? :P Running for president seems more like a money-making scheme than an actual political campaign on Trump's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I mean there have been zero pro-trump ads in NC that I've seen, and sources like the one I provided backed that up. I think the NRA released one released trying to calm down the trump "2nd amendment" thing, but before that none. Where is he spending his money if not in a major state like NC.

I hear like 5 a night from the living room for Hillary but never a single Trump one even when the family is watching something on Fox News.

edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tting-clinton/ has been mentioned but still haven't seen any come up yet.
    I read the other day he actually wants to try to battle Clinton in her homestate of NY. Yeah... that's where he's going to spend some of his money. On a blue state he knows he can't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Like his own pocket? :P Running for president seems more like a money-making scheme than an actual political campaign on Trump's end.
    You know who I blame for Trump? NFL... If they just let him own a team, he would be too busy talking about winning the super bowl than presidancy. Just remember, if Trump wins, NFL could have easily stopped him.

/s
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Money spent =/= votes cast.

Jeb Bush spent 130 million USD and where did that lead him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I read the other day he actually wants to try to battle Clinton in her homestate of NY. Yeah... that's where he's going to spend some of his money. On a blue state he knows he can't win.
    If that is true, what in the hell. NY will vote D almost no matter who is the candidate for president, that would be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that is true, what in the hell. NY will vote D almost no matter who is the candidate for president, that would be insane.
    So, par for the course, then?

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we have heard this before.
    Trump campaign, RNC plan pivotal meeting

Donald Trump’s campaign and top Republican Party officials plan what one person called a “come to Jesus” meeting on Friday in Orlando to discuss the Republican nominee’s struggling campaign, according to multiple sources familiar with the scheduled sit-down.

Though a campaign source dismissed it as a "typical" gathering, others described it as a more serious meeting, with one calling it an "emergency meeting." It comes at a time of mounting tension between the campaign and the Republican National Committee, which is facing pressure to pull the plug on Trump’s campaign and redirect party funds down ballot to protect congressional majorities endangered by Trump’s candidacy.

The request for the Orlando Ritz Carlton meeting originated with Trump’s campaign, according to a source familiar with the broad details, and is being viewed by RNC officials as a sign that the campaign has come to grips with the difficulty it is having in maintaining a message and running a ground game.
    “They want to patch up a rift that just keeps unfolding,” one source said. “They finally realize they need the RNC for their campaign because, let’s face it, there is no campaign.”

Another person familiar with the meeting, a Republican operative who works with the campaign, said the planned gathering was “a come-to-Jesus meeting.” That source said that many Trump campaign staffers share the party officials’ frustrations with Trump’s penchant for self-sabotaging rhetoric. “What’s bothering people on the campaign is that they feel like they’re doing all the right things, but they’re losing every news cycle to Hillary and there’s nothing they can do about it.”

The campaign official said Trump, who is scheduled to travel to Pennsylvania on Friday, was not slated to attend the meeting, but that Karen Giorno, a senior adviser to the campaign, was.

“This is a typical meeting" Giorno said. "There’s no consternation. These are meetings we’re having in the battleground states to get it all going. We keep seeing these reports that there’s a rift between Reince [Priebus] and the boss and it’s just false.”

Since Trump clinched the nomination, his campaign has come to rely heavily on the RNC for basic political infrastructure that he largely eschewed during a primary campaign in which he relied heavily on the power of social media and free publicity.

But party officials have grumbled that Trump has ignored their advice on how to professionalize his campaign, while trying to seize too much control of the party’s fundraising apparatus.

And some officials on Trump’s campaign have privately questioning the party’s commitment to its nominee – concerns that were inflamed Thursday when POLITICO revealed that more than 70 Republicans had signed an open letter to Priebus urging him to stop spending any money to help Trump, and to instead shift cash to saving the party’s congressional majorities.

Trump on Thursday night challenged reports that the RNC might shift resources down ballot, warning in an interview on Fox News “if it is true, that’s okay too because all I have to do is stop funding the Republican Party.”

Trump argued that the RNC needs him more than the he needs the committee, asserting: “I’m the one raising that’s funding, I’m the one that’s raising the money and other people are getting to use the money that I raised.”

An RNC member said discontent with the Trump campaign has hit new heights in recent days, describing “major tumult in the building and staff problems and disagreements and RNC staff on the edge of mutiny.”

That’s particularly evident in must-win Florida, the nation’s biggest battleground state, where Trump’s campaign has only one field office and no visible footprint otherwise. It plans to open 25 offices by early September, but rank-and-file Republican Party members and candidates are worried that Hillary Clinton’s team is building a robust campaign across the state.

Republicans started growing more-jittery this week as a Quinnipiac University poll indicated Trump was losing his advantage in Florida over Hillary Clinton and might be dragging down Sen. Marco Rubio’s reelection efforts.

And Florida GOP veterans say Trump is well behind previous GOP presidential campaigns when it comes to building infrastructure in the state.
    “In Florida, usually by this time, we’d have 10 field offices set up, but right now, there is only one,” said Al Cardenas, a former chairman of the state’s Republican Party.

So far, cooperation between the campaign and the committee has been strained.

Trump has publicly praised RNC chairman Reince Priebus – calling him “Mr. Switzerland” for maintaining neutrality in the nominating process – but his campaign and the RNC have had an awkward relationship from the start of his run last summer, when Priebus reportedly called Trump and asked him to “tone down” his rhetoric about undocumented Mexican immigrants. In February, Trump accused the committee of “illegally” making money off of him after it sent out an email fundraising appeal that used his name.

The RNC was not immediately available to comment.

The meeting comes just as Trump made a rare public acknowledgement in Orlando that his campaign is on the ropes.
    "We're having a problem," Trump told a group of ministers in Orlando in Thursday, according to the Associated Press. Trump pointed out that the troubles and his potential loss "could cost us the Supreme Court."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4H4ZjDJku

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    NYC will vote against Trump, unless his opponent pretty much calls NYC unamerican. The rest of the country simply has not had the amount of exposure to Trump's bullshit. His slumb lord cases were not national news and neither was NY post almost weekly tabloid reports on Trump. As an example, his 'leave my husband alone, you bitch' scandal of being busted cheating, wasn't national news. The pretending to be other people, was reported by NY sports journalists in the 80s. It was the NY Post... a tabloid, but local to NY...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I said coercion via bureaucracy. Adding on so many hoops that it reduces gun ownership [voter representation from certain ethnic groups]. Time is a resource and by adding so many trolling tactics to the gun buying [voting] process they are trying to create an undue burden on people who want to exercise their rights.
    How ironic, very different rights issues being infringed upon with strikingly similar political tactics. It is almost as if the pot and the kettle are black.
    Last edited by Sury; 2016-08-12 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Well, you know what they say, 20th time's the charm. If I was more conspiratorially minded I'd say Trump's recent antics look like he's deliberately trying to destroy the Republican brand, possibly as a result of his notoriously frail ego being hurt by the RNC. Fortunately, they all seem intent on going down with the ship. I mean if the past few days alone aren't a line in the sand for them, nothing is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Well, you know what they say, 20th time's the charm. If I was more conspiratorially minded I'd say Trump's recent antics look like he's deliberately trying to destroy the Republican brand, possibly as a result of his notoriously frail ego being hurt by the RNC. Fortunately, they all seem intent on going down with the ship. I mean if the past few days alone aren't a line in the sand for them, nothing is.
    I used to kinda laugh at the suggestion of Trump doing this on purpose. But at this point I can't understand his logic for his constant derailing of his own campaign. It's either on purpose or he truly is having mental issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to kinda laugh at the suggestion of Trump doing this on purpose. But at this point I can't understand his logic for his constant derailing of his own campaign. It's either on purpose or he truly is having mental issues.
    Or both. I think he sat down one day and thought "I've heard some pretty nutty ideas that I agree with. Lets see how many people agree with my nutty ideas and see if it's enough to get me into the White House. At the very least I'll be the center of attention and get money while doing it!"

And the damnedest thing is it worked. Is it really crazy if it works? Can't wait to see how he ups the ante after making a threat against his opponent's life and claiming she's the co-founder of ISIS. The only bad thing is having to listen to all the people down here agree with him......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Fortunately, they all seem intent on going down with the ship. I mean if the past few days alone aren't a line in the sand for them, nothing is.
    Actually, a piece in the Chicago Tribume made a point of saying "don't bother jumping off the ship either, you steered it into sharks".

Watching Giuliani on CNN twist himself into a pretzel attempting to defend and explain Trump's nonsense is pure gold.

I'm not sure we've heard:

"We're having a problem," Trump told a group of ministers in Orlando
    before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    before.
    They'll whip up a speech for him for the next rally. He'll start giving it. Will start to feed off the rabid energy of his Neanderthal base, go off script and end up saying his latest repugnant comment du jour like he always does.

Dude is a narcissist with early stage dementia, he can't help himself.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post

before.
    True. Interesting conference though.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...811-story.html