Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Could be that Doomhammer is already not listening to his call. Thus his powers are waining. Could be also, you know, the ground is scorched by demons making the elementals enraged also meaning hes weaker? Remember how garrosh had his dark shaman torture elementals all around orgimmar knowing that Thrall would come for him and thus deprived him of his shaman powers.
    Thrall aside, does anybody else think that shaman are actually pretty lame lorewise? It's all "asking the elements for aid", and if said elements are busy/angry/"tormented"/asleep/whatever they immediately can't do a damn thing anymore, so shaman are basically elemental beggars, all other classes have a position of strength, they command this, wield that, and shaman... ask politely and hope the elements are in the mood to help out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Where did it say this was Mak'gora between Thrall and Garrosh?
    During the Shaman artifact questline, Thrall mentions that the Doomhammer's powers have become inert since the mak'gora, and he has more trouble calling the elements to his aid. It's why he steps down as the leader of the Earthen Ring and lets you take over in his place; he leaves the order to get in touch with his roots for a third freakin' time, because if there's one thing Blizzard likes to do, it's recycle the same three plots for Thrall and reset character development at the drop of a hat.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Yes it don't make any sense like Tirion death don't make any sense but blizzard had to invent a reason to steal their weapons.
    Which is doubly bad writing wouldn´t you agree?

Tirion´s death wasn´t even necessary. The man is easily pushing mid-sixties, so it you make sense for him to retire from the frontlines to a more strategic/advisatory role and pass the weapon to the Order´s mightest paladin (the player).

As for the Doomhammer, why not ximply make a trip back to Draenor and get the one that is dropped somewhere in the Zangar sea?

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post

Tirion´s death wasn´t even necessary. The man is easily pushing mid-sixties, so it you make sense for him to retire from the frontlines to a more strategic/advisatory role and pass the weapon to the Order´s mightest paladin (the player).

As for the Doomhammer, why not ximply make a trip back to Draenor and get the one that is dropped somewhere in the Zangar sea?
    Why not go Enhancement and use BOTH! >: )

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post

i agree, blizzard planned to make us lose the broken shore scenario and lay the foundation for the future artifact and class hall things; i do understand it but why it should be so badly narrated?
    Garrosh was a dick and deserved death but at last he know how to build up an army, the alliance and horde look like kids in comparison, were are all the siege weapons developed by garrosh, the giant ass robo scorpion with lasers and mines? where are the giant bombs who obliterated theramore? surely dropping few of them before the attack would have been beneficial; and the naval fleets completed of carriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonusthegreat
    Where did it say this was Mak'gora between Thrall and Garrosh?]
    Thrall clearly challenges Garrosh to Mak'gora -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AlnE16-2NI

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i agree, blizzard planned to make us lose the broken shore scenario and lay the foundation for the future artifact and class hall things; i do understand it but why it should be so badly narrated?
    Garrosh was a dick and deserved death but at last he know how to build up an army, the alliance and horde look like kids in comparison, were are all the siege weapons developed by garrosh, the giant ass robo scorpion with lasers and mines? where are the giant bombs who obliterated theramore? surely dropping few of them before the attack would have been beneficial; and the naval fleets completed of carriers?
    So you want the horde to transport hundreds of giant siege weapons via zepplin to the broken shore? Also damaging the building could lead to more catastrophic events in the form of releasing some of the power of the Avatar of Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Give the other horde leaders time to shine, even that would be better than giving Thrall more time in the light. And i say that as someone who at the moment predominantly plays alliance.
    Since you predominantly play Alliance, you might not yet realize that we are rapidly running short on "other Horde leaders". Gallywix, Baine, Lor'themar and Ji all still use the standard player model and are rarely ever seen doing anything. This is going to be a Sylvanas expansion, for better or for worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Missfit View Post
    Just said it before: he got 3 spaceship lasers on the face xD
    done the brokenshore a few times and never seen the lasers.

Deleted
    You have seen the 3 gunships that fire their lasers at Thrall simultaneously haven't you?

you mean the continous neverending swarm of demons that just kept coming and coming while the Alliance were delayed by a handful they couldnt get past before Guldan summoned a massive army consisting of MANY previously named raid bosses?

both sides were simply completely over run. That place is in no way ideal for the use of the Light, Elemental forces or druidism. The scourge was one thing, but fel curruption of this level?

Deleted
    Wish they'd just kill the damn guy off. Also, stop Metzen from doing any VA.

Garrosh was the only badass thing left in the horde and we helped kill him off. Now it's full of pansies. At least voljin died.

Here's to hoping Grom shows up to help annihilate guldan at the nightwell and then bury kiljaeden for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm glad we got another thread on the subject; I truly felt that the previous 5+ didn't cover it properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    You have seen the 3 gunships that fire their lasers at Thrall simultaneously haven't you?
    At last someone who paid attention to the scenario, MANY THANKS I LUV U.

See guys? I'm not crazy. 3 Spaceships hit Thrall on the face.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    done the brokenshore a few times and never seen the lasers.
    On the horde? If so, either you're playing on super low settings or just not looking in the obvious direction where all the horde action is at the end of the scenario before the cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Demons can't be killed on the mortal plane. Defeating Mannoroth or Archimonde on Azeroth knocks them back to the Twisting Nether, I can't speak for Illidan, but the other two can be brought back to Azeroth at any time.
    not exactly, it takes awhile for them to recover, mannoroth came back so quickly as guldan used dark matic to ressurect him early, as you can see with the weird abomination he became

At risk of sounding pedantic, the act of begging requires speech, something Thrall was not doing.

With that said, the scene was clearly meant to shock us, seeing every Horde leader (save Gallywix, for some reason) overrun and desperate. I think they underestimated the effect of killing a Horde leader once per expansion since Cata though, because it really didn't shock me much. I felt more emotion watching Varian die, and my only Alliance character made since Vanilla is a boosted gnome rogue.

Deleted
    Horde is the bitch faction now lol. Crawling around the floor, getting stabbed in the front, and running away from battle first being totally unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    well he did kill deathwing so.

Interestingly enough Khadgar wasn't in the broken shore.
    but he didn't kill deathwing, he was merely a conduit for the aspects