Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    you cant, we still have the normal transmog rules.
    mail -> mail
    cloth -> cloth
    etc.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Found a topic on this, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...7765753?page=3 looks like it was done for some reason.

This is absurd lols on my alts i always use cloth, for the casters becuase i can't afford to go buy chain and leather int items and its fine to level in. I have now had this option to transmorg taken away from me.

Disappointing that this is done this way, why isn't there an option to filter out by class, u should be able to transmorg ANY piece of gear you are able to equip with that class as long as it is within the same class of armor. (Cloth to cloth, leather to leather, chain to chain, plate to plate)

Extremely disappointed that I cannot mail my transmorged cloth items to those non-cloth classes i wish to be in a robe. I have done this since the system came out 5+ years ago.
    It's not that it was taken away from you, it's just that it was never really intended. That restriction was always in place for all gear. BoA seemed to have missed it due to something else and with the revamp of everything they went in and fixed it the way it was intended.

You can still wear the BoA itself, but you won't be able to mog it into anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone seems to get confused lols. This is not the thread topic.
    ye, just realized it.

OT: wear normal gear?

Formerly known as Arafal

As a hunter I was transmogrifying my heirloom robe as i level because I enjoy that look.

was that now thrown out with the new system?
    You cannot transmog armor that isn't your class armor type. For example, a Hunter (who wears mail) cannot transmog cloth armor onto his own armor. A warrior (who wears plate) cannot transmog mail armor onto his on armor, and on and so on.

15+ Year Old Account
    if it makes u feel any better my transmog is exactly what i want it to be...i couldnt be happier.

Yes, would be good.

I see a few threads on this complaining but perhaps not that many care about this one, for me it matters for a) the int cloth gear i like to use to level many characters, looks brutal without transmorgs, and b) i simply enjoy the way cloth robes look on many of my int-non clothies so now i am stuck with a heirloom look there, or not using the heirlooms, or buying more heirlooms i never wanted to buy.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...7765753?page=3 (one thread I found on it)

- - - Updated - - -

so u want a game change where a non cloth, cannot wear cloth and so forth right? well that should be instituted then and I bet many would complain but nerfing the transmorg system to punish those that use that option in some cases purely for the looks of the item seems like an unnecessary limitation. If the class can wear the item, allow it to be transmorged! This one feels sorta " slipped " in.
    Up until very recently you were severely gimping yourself wearing armor not for your class due to the 5% primary stat gain by wearing the proper armor. I no longer see it as a passive, but it could be passively encoded still in game. So no it wasn't "slipped" in. They have for the longest time NOT wanted leather wearing cloth and mail wearing cloth etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You cannot transmog armor that isn't your class armor type. For example, a Hunter (who wears mail) cannot transmog cloth armor onto his own armor. A warrior (who wears plate) cannot transmog mail armor onto his on armor, and on and so on.
    He was wearing a cloth heirloom(stupidly) as a hunter. He deserves to be punished for wearing int armor as a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you were using the wrong heirlooms, then that is not our problem.
    There is now a consequence to that, and you throw a tantrum.
    They aren't a necessity.
    Go put in the effort to get the appropriate ones, or do it the old-fashioned way, actually getting gear from quests or dungeons.

Ok got what I am dealing with here no further rapport necessary. later kid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes we know this as of the last patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Up until very recently you were severely gimping yourself wearing armor not for your class due to the 5% primary stat gain by wearing the proper armor. I no longer see it as a passive, but it could be passively encoded still in game. So no it wasn't "slipped" in. They have for the longest time NOT wanted leather wearing cloth and mail wearing cloth etc.

- - - Updated - - -

He was wearing a cloth heirloom(stupidly) as a hunter. He deserves to be punished for wearing int armor as a hunter.
    Incorrect leveling up in int heirlooms is faceroll as is using mail, plate etc. try again

I have now no heirlooms to use for leveling up my leather/chain/plate int casters but I should go suck a lemon I guess
    What are you on about? You can still equip the heirlooms, you just can't transmog them. Not having them transmogged doesn't somehow make them unusable...However, you'd be better off just buying the proper heirlooms for the class you want to play, they aren't that expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect leveling up in int heirlooms is faceroll as is using mail, plate etc. try again
    It's still flat out worse than wearing the proper armor. There is no argument here, you are numerically worse by wearing the wrong armor type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys
    Do u feel it?

HUNTER ITEM!
    All is a hunteritem

OT: Suck it up, get some mail robes
    OTT: You miss the 5% stat boost too by not wearing your amor class aswell

Deleted
    i'm honestly surprised (but glad) that blizz hasn't removed the ability to wear the "wrong" armor yet with all the streamlining thats happened over the years.

but yeah, i'd be quite convenient to have an option to at least look up transmogs not for your class on any char without addons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    Guys
    Do u feel it?

HUNTER ITEM!
    All is a hunteritem

OT: Suck it up, get some mail robes
    OTT: You miss the 5% stat boost too by not wearing your amor class aswell
    exp boost on heirlooms > stats. upgrading heirlooms can be pricy and not everybody can/wants to do that. it's like what 10-12k orso to upgrade ta set of the exp boosting pieces?

If it wasn't intended to ever be worn why is it possible?
    It's possible because of RP, there is literally no other reason you should be wearing a piece of armor that is not of your primary armor class.

What if I like the way it looks or now do not wish to buy int-heirlooms that aren't cloth?
    Then feel free to continue wearing that item it's not Blizzards fault you feel like gimping your class by wearing the wrong armor type.

I have now no heirlooms to use for leveling up my leather/chain/plate int casters but I should go suck a lemon I guess
    Then buy them, they're not that expensive.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

That is another reason not to buy Legion, but the damage is already done, and my xmogs are fucked already, even on characters who hadn't logged in. A disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That is another reason not to buy Legion, but the damage is already done, and my xmogs are fucked already, even on characters who hadn't logged in. A disaster.
    How are your transmogs already messed up? They all stayed the same. The only thing that changed was them fixing BoA's to follow all the rules too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How are your transmogs already messed up? They all stayed the same. The only thing that changed was them fixing BoA's to follow all the rules too.
    They could be talking about the change to some leather and mail pieces (some leather became mail and some mail became plate to fit with the classes they were intended for). However, if that's the case then it's an overreaction because Blizzard has already said they are working on getting those appearances back in for people who could use them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    They could be talking about the change to some leather and mail pieces (some leather became mail and some mail became plate to fit with the classes they were intended for). However, if that's the case then it's an overreaction because Blizzard has already said they are working on getting those appearances back in for people who could use them before.
    A good majority of those were fixed in beta with people putting in tickets on the ones with issues. But like you said, those that didn't make it they are working on getting them back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How are your transmogs already messed up?
    With items changed to chain/plate, some are irrecoverably lost. Others cannot be reapplied at all.

Dear OP.

You wish to wear cloth armor on a class that does not have cloth armor type as the intended choice. You are still capable of doing it. Since it is not intended, there will be no support for transmog of such gear for your class.

The ability to wear lighter-than-class-specific armor type was retained likely due to RP reasons (WoW is somehow an RPG still). Therefore if you wish to retain the certain looks for non-combat benefit purposes you are still allowed to do so.

You are not, and will not, be able to wear any random piece of cloth gear, however, and be able to transmog it into another cloth piece due to the fact your class can only transmog your intended class armor type - in case of a hunter, that would be mail.

Consider this: There are plenty of not-so-smart-and/or-educated people out there who would think their hunter should wear cloth armor because it makes them look good and end up doing so, somehow obtaining intellect gear which does not contribute to character power. Later on, whenever such person is trying to do group content, they will have bad experience as they would be called names and kicked out of groups because doing what they do without realizing their problem. Consider this a preventative system.

TL;DR: Your class has intended armor type to be worn and can only transmog such type. There is currently no plans to support for anything other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    With items changed to chain/plate, some are irrecoverably lost. Others cannot be reapplied at all.
    Except a lot of that was already fixed and ones that were are in the process of being fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    You can transmog anything into something that you have currently equipped. Like, if you are wearing cloth as a warrior, you can transmog it into another cloth.
    It will show up as unable to be transmogrified now, as a Warrior you can only transmog plate to plate and no other ones. Levelled a Warrior recently and had lots of mail items that I could not transmogrify.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yes we know this as of the last patch.
    Last patch!? Have you been living under a rock until recently? It has been like that since the Transmogrification feature launched.