Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    bike rider acts like a dick

wonders why everybody hates him

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    bike rider acts like a dick

wonders why everybody hates him
    Found the guy who didn't read any of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if you think 6k posts is a lot over 6 years you haven't seen me in a community i actually like

still waiting for one of y'all to explain what's so hard about pulling off to the side of the road to let traffic by

Can't really take anything y'all say seriously since y'all are all so caught up in your emotions you can't even write a post relevant to the topic of discussion.

Good job not missing a beat kiddo. Someone wanna pick up that phone? 'cause I fucking called it.
    Sometimes its not safe to pull off to the shoulder. Anyway, I'm done in this thread, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Bikers should ride single file, not to hide their numbers, but to make it easier for cars to pass them. Most do where I live, but you have the occasional jackasses, but then again, you also have a good share of morons behind the wheel as well.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    This is why we should privatize roads.

/ducks and runs to the nearest exit.

Driving is not a right, it's a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    you have to pay fees to take an automobile on the road.
    registration is paying for your state to put you on the list of ppl who drive vehicles, its how they keep track of them, paying to register a car is how police are able to find those who use vehicles for bad things (like hit and run, etc) or to find ppl who can help find those who use vehicles for bad things - since bad things dont happen alot with bikes like they do with vehicles, no one needs to pay to register bikes

what you pay for is safety and security when you register a vehicle not to pay for more of a right to have a vehicle on a road then a bike

inspection payments are again about safety

gas payments are about making the vehicle go

insurance payments are about being able to pay for accidents you cause (i feel bikers should pay this as well, though)

nothing you pay about a vehicle is for the right to the road over bikers, its about taking responsibility of the vehicle should bad things happen while using it

but of course you could have found all this information out for yourself by going to the websites of your state that you pay instead of ranting on a video game forum, im sure...
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-08-12 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Driving is not a right, it's a privilege.
    Driving is a right, not a privilege.

Deleted
    Please remember the rules when posting; don't insult other members - make your point in a calm and civil manner so the discussion can continue. Thanks.

They're idiotic bike riders (mostly the Lance Armstrong wannabes) just like they're idiotic drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Good thing I was not talking about those kind of riders then, eh?
    Who the fuck do you think this thread is talking about? THOSE TYPES OF RIDERS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I dont know if this is supposed to be sarcasm, but here goes anyways. No, driving is a privilege.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Mostly this. My city is often referenced as "the most bicycle friendly" in the US. Then I have friends who are like, wouldn't it be fun to just open the door one second before a biker came by? Yeah.
    Which city do you live in? I've been lucky enough to live in two bike-friendly US cities and it was pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post

cause in america roads are for the cars, not for some yahoo's personal enjoyment.
    Bikes are also used for transport, you dont get to decide who uses the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Mostly this. My city is often referenced as "the most bicycle friendly" in the US. Then I have friends who are like, wouldn't it be fun to just open the door one second before a biker came by? Yeah.
    My mother once got injured thanks to some jackass opening his car door.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    And they create enemies by acting like pricks and slowing other people down. I have the same attitude towards people who ride a horse drawn carriage down the raid or drive a tractor or other slow farm vehicle down the road ( instead of pulling it on a trailer). They are slowing other people down and screwing around with someone else's day by doing so.

That is where the hate for them comes from: they have no consideration or respect for other people's time. My problem is not with bicycles, it is with jerks.

Oh, and you're on my forum ignore list now. I don't engage with people who support being pricks.
    lol generalizing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that getting behind the wheel suddenly gives certain people such a sense of entitlement that they will openly wish death and destruction because someone is traveling at a slower pace than them or is momentarily in their way.

"With this hunk of steel and internal combustion engine I am a GOD! Hear me roar!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Bikers should ride single file, not to hide their numbers, but to make it easier for cars to pass them. Most do where I live, but you have the occasional jackasses, but then again, you also have a good share of morons behind the wheel as well.
    Or just get bike lines, you dont need to ride single file here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Who the fuck do you think this thread is talking about? THOSE TYPES OF RIDERS!
    Going by the OP, its all cyclists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hate cyclists too. Smug little bastards almost cost me my driving test.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Driving is definitely not a right....
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This is why we should privatize roads.

/ducks and runs to the nearest exit.
    Must be fun for the more remote or poorer areas.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    They have the same legal rights to use the road. If they are going substantially slower than the speed limit they can (and should) be pulled over and ticketed.

I don't have an issue with bicycles on the road. I do, however, have a big issue with their attitude. They constantly complain about drivers of cars yet seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that they constantly violate the law themselves. It's not like the car drivers are perfect themselves, but they actually obey the rules of the road far more consistently than the bicyclists.

Just one example. My wife and I have lived in our house for over 16 years. In that time, neither one of us has ever observed a bicyclist actually stop at a stop sign. That is not hyperbole, that is a simple statement of fact from observing literally hundreds of bicyclists over 16 years. This is not a small community...we have 2 filled-to-the-max high schools, 2 middle schools, and 12 elementary schools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hate cyclists too. Smug little bastards almost cost me my driving test.
    Blaming others for your mistakes.

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    They have the same legal rights to use the road. If they are going substantially slower than the speed limit they can (and should) be pulled over and ticketed.
    a normal bike can't reach 50KM, so that would be complete bull.